(Topic ID: 73868)

Incandescent bulb ban, does this include our pins?

By Capper96

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveP3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Philips 2700K LED bulb.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    kswanson@sisunet.org_20131217_105038.png
    dim-bulb.jpg
    lighting-chart.png
    BacktotheFuture_Speaker.jpg
    P1050837.jpg
    Commercial_LED_lighting_12-445x273.png
    Phil3.jpg
    old-man-cloud.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoshootme.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

100 watt and 75 watt bans are already in place. 40 and 60 watt to begin jan 2014. now we are stuck with these ridiculously inferior cfl's that don't create the same type of light, dont work nearly as long as they say and, if they break, are extremely toxic because of the high levels of mercury (just go to Maine's website and their "removal" page. priceless). Thankfully LEDs are coming down in price and will soon be a viable alternative. soon we will be "shopping" our homes as well as our pins!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomF:

incandescent bulbs have been banned in sweden for some years now, but bulbs for pinball machines are still being sold.

so thats why its so cold there. always wondered why!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Do your homework first, before you open your mouth. The generation of electricity to manufacture your electricity for incandescent bulbs creates tons more mercury than the miniscule amount in your CFL bulb. http://www.energystar.gov/ia/partners/promotions/change_light/downloads/Fact_Sheet_Mercury.pdf
    After you are done with digesting that information, research the fertilizer industry and the LED lamp industry and tell us all how bad the LED industry folks have phosphorus exposure.

http://www.maine.gov/dep/homeowner/cflreport/appendixe.pdf
    and this has been toned down , shall we say. i wonder who got hold of them? (you should throw out your carpets if there is a spill? wow, a lot to ask for such a miniscule amount., dont you think?)
    its funny how "its minuscule" and inconsequential to some when it comes to these bulbs... its also funny how the 'environmentally friendly' electric car gets its power from coal. hmmmmm. but I digress and dont want to be banned so , how are those led upgrades going in our pinball machines?

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Yes, they will... Give it another 10 years or so... it's coming.

10 years? the cafe standards are here and so far the car companies are getting around them because the standard is an average of fleet. just wait til the ones "who know better" get done with this.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The freak out by people concerning CFL bulbs is a point of personal hilarity to me. It's like watching a sitcom where everyone is reading from a script given to them by certain motivated parties. I switched my whole house over to CFL's when it became practical to do so. It reduced my energy bill immediately by a noticeable amount.
    Mr. Edison will be glad you're still using his 150 year old technology. I'm sure you're listening to your wax pattern recordings on the phonograph while sending messages to loved-ones via Morse code along the telegraph, basking in the correct color glow of his dead short bulbs.

i dont think people "freak out" over cfl's. i think they "freak out" over the fact that the government is telling them what to do and when to do it and not being truthful in the process. the freak out has to do with not being able to use something they prefer. you like those screwy looking things that take five minutes to half light a room, go for it. you like having to throw out your pets and carpets if one breaks, just fine. I like a bright light ,that projects warmth, that turns on immediately and disposes of by throwing it in the garbage. I also like the ability to do what I want. make choices based on facts and not be dictated to. there are 2 hypocrisies here. one in the fact that you see "hilarity" in others as they supposedly follow a script when in fact one script is being written by the government and you have no issue following IT and the other is the government telling us its an environmental thing yet it isnt. it just fits their agenda (exactly like the electric car). and your analogy is way off. the other things you suggest we use have been replaced by something much better. the incandescent has only been replaced by force and lies with a very inferior product that creates a hazard that supposedly replaces a hazard. nothing hilarious about that to me.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

It is almost laughable that folks are scared to death of the CFLs breaking but are likely the same folks who do not bother to take fluorescent tube style lamps out to the recycler when they break. They probably have fluorescent shop lamp tubes above the pinball repair table as well.
    http://www.epa.gov/osw/hazard/wastetypes/universal/lamps/basic.htm

I am only 'scared to death' of the hypocrisy, the dictates and the lies. not the cfl's. I am only 'scared to death' of the sheep , who buy into the sophistry, that now have a direct say in how I have to live my life. what's laughable to me is the people who buy electric cars and drive them to the coal fired power plants to protest. the cfl is no different. the incandescent just doesnt fit in the agenda. the consequences of using the cfl doesnt matter. only the agenda matters. that is what I am 'scared to death' of.

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Next thing you know, they will stop using real sugar in our soft drinks.

or telling us how many oz's we can buy at a time. (fot those that arent familiar, mayor of ny, bloomberg, put a ban in effect for soda larger than a certain oz. (32?)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoshootme.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-ban-does-this-include-our-pins?tu=yoshootme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.