(Topic ID: 73868)

Incandescent bulb ban, does this include our pins?

By Capper96

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveP3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Philips 2700K LED bulb.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    kswanson@sisunet.org_20131217_105038.png
    dim-bulb.jpg
    lighting-chart.png
    BacktotheFuture_Speaker.jpg
    P1050837.jpg
    Commercial_LED_lighting_12-445x273.png
    Phil3.jpg
    old-man-cloud.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

This only affects 40 watt and up common household light bulbs. Specialty bulbs like oven/refrigerator lamps, night light bulbs, neon lamps, vanity lights, etc are not affected. Miniature lamps are not affected. Nor are photographic, projection, stage/studio lights.
    However, <rant on>, I would like to say the government has no business forcing me to buy those goddam CFL and those way overpriced LED bulbs for my house lights. I much prefer the regular incandescent lights and the heat they generate. <rant off>

So...sucks BUT my dad found this LED bulb CREE 40watt soft white
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cree-40W-Equivalent-Soft-White-2700K-A19-Dimmable-LED-Light-Bulb-BA19-04527OMF-12DE26-2U100/204476612?N=bol#

It looks JUST like a good incandescent and is dim-able. The only way you know its LED is that during dimming it stays white instead of going slightly yellow. They are $9 a pop but with their warranty...you could slowly migrate over. That's what I'm doing. Every HD trip I just snag one.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

haha yeah man, 9/11 was an inside job and we faked the moon landings and obama is in cahoots with the lizard people.

9/11 is now why we dial 911 for police, right?

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Its a brave new world.

don't you dare close your eyes

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

what are the downsides to LED bulbs at the moment? initial cost? is the light unpleasant?

Initial cost and the light spectrum. The new ones like the CREE are 2700k so in the incandescent spectrum. I can barely tell the difference. And change...everyone is scared of change

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I've got a total of four LED bulbs installed in my apartment. So far two of them have failed after just 3 months of use.
    One had been sputtering/flickering/flashing at odd times and became very annoying so I replaced it with a 60 watt incandescent. Problem solved.
    The other one simply died suddenly. It just went out and would not turn back on. So I replaced that one with a CFL.
    I have a total of 12 light fixtures in my apartment. Nine have either CFL or LED lights in them and three have conventional 60 watt incandescents in them. Funny, but my electric bill did not go down at all. In fact my electric bill went up, way up.

The main problem is cheap chinese parts. Many times it is the driver board that fails, not the LED's themselves. The warranty should run years, so they can be swapped for free, but find a better brand.

#127 10 years ago

Here is the spectrum. The CREE are in the 2700k. Where many other LED's run up in the 3k and up so they look more white.

kswanson@sisunet.org_20131217_105038.png[email protected]_20131217_105038.png
    #130 10 years ago

For working on things like Steve said, ex. pin, I like the CFL white. It is bright, clean and white looking light. Incandescent is to "warm" to get good light for little/tight/dark work.

#151 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love these bulbs from home depot! They make a 60 watt that I am slowly putting in my house, same as you. I pick one up every trip to the depot, and swap out another bulb.

how are the 60 watts? I only have 3 x 40 watts and they look just like the incandescents @ 60 watt I replaced them with.

#160 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

"Energetic Lighting" is the brand. Model ELE12D-AWF-VB. It had been making popping noises too.

Never heard of them, please try a Cree and let us know. Be nice to know actually from someone having issues with another brand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-ban-does-this-include-our-pins?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.