(Topic ID: 73868)

Incandescent bulb ban, does this include our pins?

By Capper96

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveP3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Philips 2700K LED bulb.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    kswanson@sisunet.org_20131217_105038.png
    dim-bulb.jpg
    lighting-chart.png
    BacktotheFuture_Speaker.jpg
    P1050837.jpg
    Commercial_LED_lighting_12-445x273.png
    Phil3.jpg
    old-man-cloud.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I absolutely LOVE the Cree bulbs. The price isn't at its ideal point yet but it's really getting close to the butter zone. I don't believe they will ever be as cheap as incandescents because they are more complex but man, as a one-to-one replacement, they are amazing. Color temperature and light diffusion/spread of the warm whites is spot-on with incandescents. And what's not to love about the awesome 10 year warranty? Nobody matches the quality or value of this bulb.

image.jpg 20 KB

I like the Cree also and have a couple. Best color and spread for the money currently (I've tried the GE, Sylvania, etc).

What bothers me is even after you replace all your 60 watt bulbs eventually (at no small cost) your electric bill will probably "magically" stay about the same each month. Same way it stays the same when I got to the beach for two or three weeks and nothing changes... even after I turn everything off I absolutely can.
    Power company sez: "maybe it's your fridge" (even on toned down vacation settings?)
    What a scam.

It'll also cost you 5 bucks to send the bulb back for the 10-year warranty so I'm not sure that's much incentive for buying.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Yes, they will... Give it another 10 years or so... it's coming.

I think they already have - I forget the year 8 and 6 cyl will be phased out. This is why BMW, etc are all releasing turbo 4-bangers on a lot of newer models.

Hopefully older cars will be "grandfathered" but yeah - very gestapo-like and goes hand-in-hand with the abundant
    "domestic surveillance" (that's the polite term anyways).

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I read an evaluation last week that said the Phillips LED bulbs are much closer to the incandescent quality than the Cree bulbs.
    The prices are not much different however.

Where do they sell the Phillips at around 10 bucks? I'd like to compare it to the Cree's myself.

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Compared to the other crap, the light bulb is the easiest to convert and results in the most savings benefit:
    In 2008, the European Union approved regulations progressively phasing out incandescent bulbs starting in 2009 and finishing at the end of 2012. By switching to energy saving bulbs, EU citizens will save almost 40 TW·h (almost the electricity consumption of 11 million European households), leading to a reduction of about 15 million metric tons of CO2 emissions per year.

Yet their monthly electric bills have not dropped much at all (at least according to my German friend). Seems like only the gov't and global warming alarmist's get rich (like Al Gore).

In the meantime they have agreed it has taken "a pause" for the last 15 years and have no believable explanation.

(is this stuff verboten on PS? Seems like it might be so I'll shut up)

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I posted earlier here: there is/has been no outcry about fluorescent tube lights. I see businesses and residences simply toss these in the trash. So now because it it in a different shape it is a huge problem? Maybe you should call the hazmat team in when someone opens a can of tuna fish.
    http://www.earthtechling.com/2011/10/the-mercury-myth-how-much-mercury-do-cfls-actually-contain/

1: There SHOULD be an outcry.
    2: I can't control what "businesses" do.
    3: HUGE difference between a few shop bulbs SOME houses may have and discard improperly and having a majority of households having a majority of their bulbs discarded improperly.

Look there is a simple solution: please give us your address and we'll all hurl our discards into your yard since they are so completely harmless

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-ban-does-this-include-our-pins?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.