(Topic ID: 56720)

Inaugural Cincy League Champ Butterflygirl24

By DugFreez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P7130011.JPG
    P7130007.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I would like to congratulate Phoebe (Butterflygirl24) as the first champion of the Cincy Pinball League

This just goes to show that women can be as good as men at pinball!

There were 30 people in this first season, there were 5 women, and Phoebe defeated all the other A division competitors, and they were all men. (Including myself, and her husband)

Looking forward to next season!

P7130007.JPGP7130007.JPG P7130011.JPGP7130011.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Not only does she do amazing cosmetic work, she plays like a champ apparently!

Congrats.

#3 10 years ago

Congrats to Phoebe!

#4 10 years ago

Congratulations Phoebe. A true asset to the pinball community, why wouldn't she be good, she has an amazing collection to practice on. Have you ever seen some of the machines her and her husband bring to the shows?

#5 10 years ago

Congrats Phoebe!

#6 10 years ago

Great trophy! Congrats!!

#7 10 years ago

Well done Phoebe!

#8 10 years ago

Awesome! Congrats!!

#9 10 years ago

What a great thread! Congrats Phoebe! We had our inaugural league night yesterday. I'm in last already!

#10 10 years ago

Congrats Phobe

#11 10 years ago

Does this mean my Meteor PF, restored by the very same Phoebe, is now worth more due to her newly acquired title? I sure hope so.

Congratulations on the victory.

-Steve

#14 10 years ago

nice job! congrats!

#15 10 years ago

Great going Phoebe. You'll probably kick my butt too if my family's plans come together and we get back to the Cincinnati area.
    Howie

#16 10 years ago

Our league is debating on how to end the season. Either a straight up, points at the end of the season determines final standings, or top 4 in A & B playoff. What did you guys do and how did everyone like it? Thanks!

#17 10 years ago

Girl power! Way to go Phoebe!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Our league is debating on how to end the season. Either a straight up, points at the end of the season determines final standings, or top 4 in A & B playoff. What did you guys do and how did everyone like it? Thanks!

This season was a short test to see how things would go. It went smoothly, but we are still open to changes in the next season (which should start in September).

We had 4 regular sessions with the match-ups of 4 somes or 3 somes being chosen at random. Each session varied from 24 players to 21 players with a total of 28 different players in the 4 regular sessions. We allowed each player to drop their lowest session or drop their 0 if they did not make it to a session.

After the 4th session, the players were ranked by their total points and divided into A, B, & C divisions. 8 in A, 8 in B and the remainder (7) in C. Then a double elimination tourney was played for A, B & C divisions.

#19 10 years ago

Nice Victory Phoebe Congrats.

#21 10 years ago

Yes congratulations

#22 10 years ago

Rock and roll!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

This season was a short test to see how things would go. It went smoothly, but we are still open to changes in the next season (which should start in September).
    We had 4 regular sessions with the match-ups of 4 somes or 3 somes being chosen at random. Each session varied from 24 players to 21 players with a total of 28 different players in the 4 regular sessions. We allowed each player to drop their lowest session or drop their 0 if they did not make it to a session.
    After the 4th session, the players were ranked by their total points and divided into A, B, & C divisions. 8 in A, 8 in B and the remainder (7) in C. Then a double elimination tourney was played for A, B & C divisions.

Thanks!

#24 10 years ago

Congratulations Phoebe! And a big thanks to you and the others that helped organize and host the league. It was a lot of fun. I choked in the tournament in the B division. I'll have to practice a lot to get ready for the 2nd session.

#25 10 years ago

Way to go Phoebe!

#26 10 years ago

Nice job Phoebe!!!

Congrats!

Chris

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I would like to congratulate Phoebe (Butterflygirl24) as the first champion of the Cincy Pinball League
    This just goes to show that women can be as good as men at pinball!
    There were 30 people in this first season, there were 5 women, and Phoebe defeated all the other A division competitors, and they were all men. (Including myself, and her husband)
    Looking forward to next season!

Thanks for all the congrats! I really appreciate it! Even though this was the first year for this league, there really are some good players, a third of them are in the Ohio Pinball league that I have played with the last 3 years. I was happy just to make the A division wasn't really thinking that I would come close to winning! I actually lost my 2nd round match to the #1 seed, and had to come all the way back through the losers bracket. I had to beat the #1 seed twice to win. (It was double elimination) I beat hubby in the 3rd round and put him out (it was a close match he thought he had me on Tron) He was taking alot of kidding from everyone else when I beat him, but they had to shut up as I beat them all 1 by 1.

We have a good group of people here in Cincy, we have had our Cincy Pinball Group since 2007, but we just decided to try this league thing this year. We have to have our sessions at fellow collectors homes, cause there are really no locations around us that have enough pins to accommodate us. Where we held finals, they have a great collection, with a variety of games from newer Sterns to some really nice EMs. My go to game was actually Space Mission, I was undefeated on it and went to it in practically every round.

Quoted from DEWSHO:

I think everyone enjoyed the way we did the league finals. We did regular sessions for points and the point total was how you were seeded for finals. It is an advantage to be seeded higher, (1 seed played 8th seed, 2 played 7 etc.) also the higher seed got to pick choice of game or position for the first game. The different divisions are nice also, we had A, B, and C, division champions. We didn't collect any league fees this season because it was a test to see how it would go and if everyone liked it and wanted to participate. So it was really funny that I won the trophy! My husband and I actually made the trophy from old softball and bowling trophies from leagues we were in in the past. The top part were the spinner is was actually a coed softball trophy we won from years ago, but it used to have a male and female softball player on each side. We found a spinner that fit up there perfectly, and I had plates made for the league name and 1st place. Hubby couldn't believe I won, cause he says now he's going to have to look at that ugly trophy forever. (Cause I'm probably not going to let him tear it apart or put it away for awhile!) We also had some nice patches for 1st 2nd and 3rd place. (another member had them made) Some of us already have our Cincy Pinball Group jackets, so they thought these patches would be fun to add to our jackets.

We are already planning the next season starting in Sept. and running through May, 1 session a month and then finals. I'm hoping to make A division again and defend my title. (although Trent is hoping to be able to make more sessions this time around, so it might be tougher to defend my title, although I think I can take him on Space Mission!)

If you have thought about joining a league, I highly recommend it! It is a great time with friends and also a learning experience!

Thanks again for all the congrats! Thanks to everyone that helped with the first season of our league and all our hosts! Without them we couldn't have pulled it off!

Phoebe

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inaugural-cincy-league-champ-butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.