(Topic ID: 20472)

In the past have keith Johnson codes been complete when the game ships?

By dannunz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider artman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 11 years ago

Keith and Jack have both said at several shows that they won't ship the game with incomplete code. I don't know the history in Stern games but they're very adament that WoZ will be fully functional.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

I am pretty sure all the latest Sterns do code updates through USB sticks already. Having ethernet or wireless in a pinball just do do code updates would be overkill imo. My guess is once LCD machines become the norm there will be more internet related functionality added though. Think of the advertisement opportunities!

I'd prefer a wifi update mechanism over USB by far. Who wants to have to take out the backglass if you could simply enter a menu option and say "check for updates".

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

hat being said I do feel the SAM system with USB updates is very effective and I don't feel removing the backglass to update is that big a deal. Seems WiFi just to update code on a pinball machine is over kill. If its used to link the game to tournaments and other things that would be cool. Just to update game code? Not really necessary.

I totally agree that using it to add extra things would be good. My real gripe is the hassle of pulling the game out (it's next to others and I don't have a lifter) to take the glass out and go through that hassle isn't my favorite thing. If they used a USB extension to inside the door of the cabinet I would be totally cool with keeping USB for updates. I don't mind downloading the file and putting it on a USB drive. I just don't like the other stuff involved

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider artman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/in-the-past-have-keith-johnson-codes-been-complete-when-the-game-ships?tu=artman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.