• AC/DC Pro 8 votes
    8%
  • TWD Pro 18 votes
    18%
  • GOT Pro 12 votes
    12%
  • Other 16 votes
    16%

(Multiple choice - 98 votes by 78 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190307_125305 (resized).jpg
20190307_121735 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. I also don't understand GOT rules and really don't care to be honest. Basic rules should be easy to understand for anyone to walk up and play imo. I get that it's a game for a particular player that likes the show and more strategy elements but that's not me. SW shoots similar, much easier to understand, and is a lot more fun.
TWD is not my style either. It's fun enough to play now and then but tough gameplay. I know it fits the theme but always found the playfield ugly. ACDC is better choice imo for overall gameplay and good match to Iron Maiden. Gameplay has lots of action and nice mix of rules for novice and advance players.
Have you checked out Munsters? I have not played it yet but looks fun and simple rules.

If you think SW rules are easier to understand than GOT, then you really haven’t given GOT a chance. Both are very similar in lighting modes/missions; i.e. shoot the main planet insert 3 times in SW to light it’s group of missions vs GOT each colored shield represents a house, shoot it 3 times to light its houses mode.

SW is much much quicker getting missions lit and really getting things going & progressing where as GOT takes a good 5 minutes to setup (mark against GOT). GOT has many more bugs, exploits, and imbalances, especially with the pro. That said though, what GOT does have is a fantastic multiplier ruleset, amazing layered wizard modes, kick ass call outs, a great scoring display, and overall cool ruleset. I do prefer SW over GOT only for the 2 reasons stated previously; setup time on GOT is a bit repetitious and boring; and the lack of polish in code is very severe.

I AFMr is a no brainer and I think acdc pro or TWD pro would be fantastic compliments. TWD has a little more technical and obscure grind to its shots and rules that may be off putting but it really is an amazing ruleset. Acdc is more of a great game for beginners, yet amazingly difficult for advanced players. I have 2 nitpicks with acdc, both are fairly minor, but; oii mania is not coded into the game and the music restarts every time between balls - having IMDN next to it that continues to play the music really irritates me that acdc doesn’t do the same.

As for MBr; I think this would be a good choice if you set it up at home brutally hard so it’s not so repetitious to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/in-the-market?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.