• AC/DC Pro 8 votes
    8%
  • TWD Pro 18 votes
    19%
  • GOT Pro 12 votes
    12%
  • Other 16 votes
    16%

(Multiple choice - 97 votes by 77 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190307_125305 (resized).jpg
20190307_121735 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

I can't decide what my next 2 machines will be. I'd love an AFMr, AC/DC Pro, TWD Pro or GOT Pro. Any other similar game suggestions welcome. One needs to be fairly simple so wife will enjoy it, she loves Iron Maiden as an example of her taste. I'm leaning towards ACDC and AFMr but GOT and TWD are close behind.

#2 11 months ago

Monster bash remake , fairly simple rules , easy to understand. Fun game.

#3 11 months ago

My wife loves our AC/DC premium.

#4 11 months ago

GoT has a very easy to grasp "first layer" of rules, as well as very deep strategies if you dig deeper. Blackwater multi is very easy to start, and starting modes (battles) is easy with fairly simple rules for each. Finish 4 of them for a great mini-wizard mode in Hand of the King. That should keep the wife happy and challenged. For you there is tons of stacking, multipliers, additional multiballs, strategies of which house to play and which ones to bring into Hand of the King, etc. Combine that with a very flowy, safe, and satisfying to shoot playfield and it's a winner. If you like the theme, it's a no brainer.

#5 11 months ago

AFMr is a family and visitor favorite here.

#6 11 months ago

Anytime I read a thread like this I **always** say AFM remake (LE/SE). This is simply the best pin of all time (IMO).

My votes would be

AFMr LE if you can find one.
TWD pro (I prefer the pro).
Woz RR.
Met pro (I prefer the pro)
AcDc premium (I don't have any time one the pro it may be great but don't know about the pro).

#7 11 months ago

I love TWD, but ball times can be brutal for casual players. GOT code doesn’t meet the “fairly simple” criteria. AC/DC, meh. I vote AFM. Simple but satisfying, funny, great for casuals and pinheads alike. It’s the game that got my wife into pinball.

#8 11 months ago

I think AFMr is going to be a no brainer. Kind of leaning towards GOT or TWD for the second.

#9 11 months ago

Afm and twd...

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Monster bash remake , fairly simple rules , easy to understand. Fun game.

My wife loves MB, her favorite game at the local pinball bar. Unfortunately I can't stand it, find it too easy and get bored quick.

#11 11 months ago

Got and twd

#12 11 months ago

I bought a AFMr, now leaning towards GOT due to being a little more family friendly than TWD. Is that a true assumption? I love the series and I know that's not very family friendly.

#13 11 months ago

GOT is more family friendly than TWD.

Have you played GOT yet?

I recommend Iron Man or Spiderman, I don’t fully understand the rules of GOT.

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Have you played GOT yet?

Looks like he already owned IM, SM already and ST and SW also. Those are some of the most family friendliest recent sterns.

GOT isn’t that difficult to learn but anyone who walks up who hasn’t played will have no clue what to do.

GOTG is very family friendly and has a good pro model.

#15 11 months ago

To me GoT looks similar to SW pro.

#16 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Have you played GOT yet?

Didn't care for SM, found it bland. Iron Man was fun but family didn't care for it, too brutal. ST and SW were both awesome just needed to try something else, wouldn't be opposed to getting either one again in the future after I try out the some others. Played GOT only a few times, I thought it was fun even tough I had no idea what I was doing.

#17 11 months ago

I would go TWD with AFMR being second. If you would have listed ac DC premium would have been my top choice but you listed the pro.

#18 11 months ago

Have you considered a Deadpool???Very cool,Family friendly,easy to understand rule set,a pin for todays crowd!!

#19 11 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Have you considered a Deadpool???Very cool,Family friendly,easy to understand rule set,a pin for todays crowd!!

Not really, the theme doesn't do much for me and game play looks generic.

#20 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

To me GoT looks similar to SW pro.

Agreed. I also don't understand GOT rules and really don't care to be honest. Basic rules should be easy to understand for anyone to walk up and play imo. I get that it's a game for a particular player that likes the show and more strategy elements but that's not me. SW shoots similar, much easier to understand, and is a lot more fun.

TWD is not my style either. It's fun enough to play now and then but tough gameplay. I know it fits the theme but always found the playfield ugly. ACDC is better choice imo for overall gameplay and good match to Iron Maiden. Gameplay has lots of action and nice mix of rules for novice and advance players.

Have you checked out Munsters? I have not played it yet but looks fun and simple rules.

#21 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. I also don't understand GOT rules and really don't care to be honest. Basic rules should be easy to understand for anyone to walk up and play imo. I get that it's a game for a particular player that likes the show and more strategy elements but that's not me. SW shoots similar, much easier to understand, and is a lot more fun.
TWD is not my style either. It's fun enough to play now and then but tough gameplay. I know it fits the theme but always found the playfield ugly. ACDC is better choice imo for overall gameplay and good match to Iron Maiden. Gameplay has lots of action and nice mix of rules for novice and advance players.
Have you checked out Munsters? I have not played it yet but looks fun and simple rules.

Munsters doesn't appeal to me, liked the show but the layout seems uninspiring.

#22 11 months ago

Dialed In is very family friendly, the rules are easy to understand, and the Crazy Bob modes are extremely fun.

Otherwise, AFM would be my pick.

#23 11 months ago

DI is very nice with subway, magnets, selfie mode and high score w selfie also has daily high score which is great.

It’s great game for the family.

#24 11 months ago

Looks like Lakeville is only about 1/2 hour drive from SS Billiards, where many of the games on your list can be played (in really nice shape, to boot)...and many more... The infamous pinball guru LTG owns that place. Take the family out for a pinball adventure and let them get involved in the decision process!

#25 11 months ago

DI! You wouldn’t be disappointed.

#26 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If you think SW rules are easier to understand than GOT, then you really haven’t given GOT a chance. Both are very similar in lighting modes/missions; i.e. shoot the main planet insert 3 times in SW to light it’s group of missions vs GOT each colored shield represents a house, shoot it 3 times to light its houses mode.

SW is much much quicker getting missions lit and really getting things going & progressing where as GOT takes a good 5 minutes to setup (mark against GOT). GOT has many more bugs, exploits, and imbalances, especially with the pro. That said though, what GOT does have is a fantastic multiplier ruleset, amazing layered wizard modes, kick ass call outs, a great scoring display, and overall cool ruleset. I do prefer SW over GOT only for the 2 reasons stated previously; setup time on GOT is a bit repetitious and boring; and the lack of polish in code is very severe.

I AFMr is a no brainer and I think acdc pro or TWD pro would be fantastic compliments. TWD has a little more technical and obscure grind to its shots and rules that may be off putting but it really is an amazing ruleset. Acdc is more of a great game for beginners, yet amazingly difficult for advanced players. I have 2 nitpicks with acdc, both are fairly minor, but; oii mania is not coded into the game and the music restarts every time between balls - having IMDN next to it that continues to play the music really irritates me that acdc doesn’t do the same.

As for MBr; I think this would be a good choice if you set it up at home brutally hard so it’s not so repetitious to you.

#27 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you think SW rules are easier to understand than GOT, then you really haven’t given GOT a chance. Both are very similar in lighting modes/missions; i.e. shoot the main planet insert 3 times in SW to light it’s group of missions vs GOT each colored shield represents a house, shoot it 3 times to light its houses mode.
SW is much much quicker getting missions lit and really getting things going & progressing where as GOT takes a good 5 minutes to setup (mark against GOT). GOT has many more bugs, exploits, and imbalances, especially with the pro. That said though, what GOT does have is a fantastic multiplier ruleset, amazing layered wizard modes, kick ass call outs, a great scoring display, and overall cool ruleset. I do prefer SW over GOT only for the 2 reasons stated previously; setup time on GOT is a bit repetitious and boring; and the lack of polish in code is very severe.
I AFMr is a no brainer and I think acdc pro or TWD pro would be fantastic compliments. TWD has a little more technical and obscure grind to its shots and rules that may be off putting but it really is an amazing ruleset. Acdc is more of a great game for beginners, yet amazingly difficult for advanced players. I have 2 nitpicks with acdc, both are fairly minor, but; oii mania is not coded into the game and the music restarts every time between balls - having IMDN next to it that continues to play the music really irritates me that acdc doesn’t do the same.
As for MBr; I think this would be a good choice if you set it up at home brutally hard so it’s not so repetitious to you.

Excellent description, thanks for the reply

#28 11 months ago

Hi, we communicated on your listings last week. I picked up an Aerosmith this week, was leaning towards Met or IMDN and went with AS last minute and the whole family loves it. Super Colorful light show, fast and some fun decision making during play. The 6 ball multi ball and toy box are sweet. I like that it’s not as common too...

#29 11 months ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Hi, we communicated on your listings last week. I picked up an Aerosmith this week, was leaning towards Met or IMDN and went with AS last minute and the whole family loves it. Super Colorful light show, fast and some fun decision making during play. The 6 ball multi ball and toy box are sweet. I like that it’s not as common too...

I had an AS pro for a while and loved it. Certainly wouldn't mind owning one again in the future. I want to try something I haven't owned yet then I'll go back for seconds. Just bought an AFMr, curious what bugs plague GOT, otherwise I think the other one will be ACDC.

#30 11 months ago

DI or JJP POTC. Both, IMO, are top of the mark. POTC is great multi-player with choosing your characters and Plundering!! yar.

#31 11 months ago

AFM/r can’t ever go wrong with this title. Grab a WOZ or BM66, you will never want to leave your house.

#32 11 months ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

AFM/r can’t ever go wrong with this title. Grab a WOZ or BM66, you will never want to leave your house.

WOZ is a grail game, someday I'll own one. Unfortunately I haven't found a decent deal on one yet. DI and JJP POTC don't interest me at all for home use. DI is fun at the bar for a couple games but didn't have that one more game feel. Now if JJP announces Toy Story or Wonka, I'll be in for 2 preorders unless the Wonka is based on the Depp version. For now trying to keep it relatively cheaper to save some money for the future JJP machines.

#33 11 months ago

First one arrived, haven't made a decision yet on number 2.

20190307_121735 (resized).jpg20190307_125305 (resized).jpg
#34 11 months ago

From your list.. TWD.
But it HAS to be a Premium/LE. No question

#36 11 months ago

TWD premium/LE is good for advanced players who know why and when to use walker bombs. Otherwise not worth the extra cost and annoyance of the lift ramp & crossbow. YMMV.

#37 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

TWD premium/LE is good for advanced players who know why and when to use walker bombs. Otherwise not worth the extra cost and annoyance of the lift ramp & crossbow. YMMV.

Exactly and OP bought classic version of AFM not SE/LE so he’s looking to keep cost down even asking about AcDc pro. imo TWD pro is more than fine and I absolutely prefer the non lifting ramp.

#38 11 months ago

TWD Pro it is, ordered it today

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kittery, ME
$ 199.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside