You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
th-1-9.jpeg
84378553.gif
grandprix_02.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm starting a thread to celebrate a fact that most of us already know: this character ccotenj is a hell of a dude.

A while back, I happened to mention in the Craigslist thread that I was interested in Grand Prix. A really gnarly one in Boston (no backbox, etc.) came and went without me. No big deal. Well anyway, ccotenj pops in on the thread and says basically "hey I might be able to help you out with that Grand Prix."

After some messaging back and forth, and some entirely unfathomable generosity on his part, I now have in my care a beautiful project Grand Prix. It's in need of exactly as much love and rehab as I'll be able to give it. Before too long my wife and friends and I will be ripping spinner shots and counting down double bonuses like crazy.

Anyway, ccotenj is (as far as I can tell) as kind, warm, and decent as you might imagine, if you've read his posts. As much as anyone here on Pinside (and there are lots of you here!), he has inspired in me the sense that especially as EM players/repairpersons, we're all in this together. Time, entropy, and the illogic of a world obsessed with the new and the "now" would have consigned the old EM beasts to oblivion long ago, if not for people like him, and for the care he shows to people as well as pinball machines.

Cheers, Chris, and many thanks!
grandprix_02.jpggrandprix_02.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/in-praise-of-ccotenj?tu=textrivers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.