New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 225411)

In need of 1961 Williams Reserve cabinet images

By Inyo

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Hyperball91
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7162 (resized).JPG
IMG_7010 (resized).JPG
IMG_7009 (resized).JPG
IMG_7154 (resized).JPG
IMG_2196 (resized).JPG
20200502_162001 (resized).jpg
20200502_191321 (resized).jpg
image-A4 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I recently acquired a Williams Reserve that is in need of a cabinet repaint. All the original artwork has been removed and so I am in need for some good pictures or better yet a tracing of the head and cabinet artwork. What colors were used besides the base white and silver splatter? If anyone has this game with the original design, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

I have looked your machine on IPDB website.....there are 2 versions, which one?
Pink or blue background playfield?
image-A4 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Beautiful looking game, love the art! The interlocking effect on the cabinet artwork is great.

I looked in the Kordek archive artwork http://backglass.org/williams/kordek_archives/kordek_archive_cabinet_art.pdf but looks like this game is too early for that.

#4 2 years ago

thanks for that link Dr Nybble. id love too to find a reserve sometme. did you use these for your stencils for heatwave? if you did can i ask how? i could use such for a few games, riverboat, el toro and a beat the clock . i noticed the colours for beat the clock are different on the drawings than images i could find for the machine. so not sure if there was a sample game or it got changed before production...

#5 2 years ago

It has the pink playfield and so not a prototype. Interesting artwork on the production cabinet pics. Any idea what the artwork represents?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

thanks for that link Dr Nybble. id love too to find a reserve sometme. did you use these for your stencils for heatwave? if you did can i ask how? i could use such for a few games, riverboat, el toro and a beat the clock . i noticed the colours for beat the clock are different on the drawings than images i could find for the machine. so not sure if there was a sample game or it got changed before production...

I copied extant art for my stencils (which itself was a repaint). Wonder if you could use an art projector.
https://www.artograph.com/projectors/choosing-an-art-projector/

Or vectorize on top of those drawings and print it scaled up.

1 year later
#7 8 months ago

Did anyone find or create a stencil for the Reserve cabinet art? I too have a Reserve where the art was removed. -Thanks

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from AilingRichMan:

... I too have a Reserve ...

Nice to hear. I don't have art for you but the early production cabinet art was quite simple as it's just a blue stripe on white which is a divers flag basically and would be quite easy to re-create, but I guess you're chasing the later art which is a bit more complex.

Is your back glass in good shape? I'd love to get some good clear photos of it if possible as I haven't had any luck getting any photos of one yet. Thanks.
~ Mal ~

1 month later
#9 7 months ago

I ended up doing it myself. It's all eyeballed from the pictures in the Internet Pinball Database.

20200502_191321 (resized).jpg
#10 7 months ago

My backglass is OK. Hope it helps!

20200502_162001 (resized).jpg
#11 7 months ago

Great job on that cabinet art. It looks really good. And thanks for the backglass photo.

#12 7 months ago

The only question I have is why do I not own a Reserve?

#13 7 months ago

‘61 was a good year so yeah, why don’t you own one o-din?
I think you should rush out and buy one immediately, lol

#14 7 months ago

Paid $80 bucks for this one a few years back.fun game.

IMG_2196 (resized).JPG
#15 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only question I have is why do I not own a Reserve?

They are fairly hard to find in any condition.
I never came across one for sale back in my collecting days.
Otherwise I would have gladly bought one,
though I have seen a few around lately
in other peoples personal collections or pinball shows recently.

#16 7 months ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

so yeah, why don’t you own one o-din?

Some games like this one are much rarer and harder to find than others.

It is one of the few Williams from that era that there is actually some kind of a recorded production number at 750. But did they really make that many? And if so, how many survived?

I've had some real rare oddball gems come my way where maybe there are less than ten left in existence, but not this one.

#17 7 months ago

Yeah no worries o-din, I was just having fun with you as you have a great collection of EM's and I was thinking you should have a Reserve in your line-up.
1961 was a long time ago, tell me about it, lol, so I'm sure it would be hard to find one. I've certainly never seen one. There can't be too many that survived.

#18 7 months ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Yeah no worries o-din, I was just having fun with you as you have a great collection of EM's and I was thinking you should have a Reserve in your line-up.
1961 was a long time ago, tell me about it, lol, so I'm sure it would be hard to find one. I've certainly never seen one. There can't be too many that survived.

There was a time when I was trying to pick up several oddball Williams EMS and finally gave up and decided to just get whatever came my way. Fortunately, enough did.

#19 6 months ago

I stumbled upon one last year in a Facebook post for an estate sale in central Kansas. The sales company was in a hurry to get rid of it because it was in the basement of a really cool 20's 15 room limestone but their insurance did not allow sales from the basement during the actual sale so they posted the basement items early hoping to clear them before the sale date. It was posted for $350, I got there and offered $275 and scored. It is still sitting in my to restore list but I did do some quick cleaning and got a new backglass from BGresto. But the main point for the post is that I don't pay enough attention to the forum but I do respond to direct inquires about the games I own. I have often looked to the current owners list to ask for pics and tips on specific games I'm working on, it usually pays off, just a tip for future projects.

IMG_7009 (resized).JPGIMG_7010 (resized).JPGIMG_7154 (resized).JPG
#20 6 months ago

Nice score for $275. BGResto did a good job on that backglass. It looks great. Now you'll have to get the rest of the pin looking as good as that glass.

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Nice score for $275. BGResto did a good job on that backglass. It looks great. Now you'll have to get the rest of the pin looking as good as that glass.

It's on the list, I was a little busy on this one lately:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-1953-grand-slam-resurrection-#post-5639649

#22 6 months ago

yep fair enough. That Grand Slam turned out great. You did a good job on that nice pretty cabinet. I love seeing woodies getting resurrected.

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

yep fair enough. That Grand Slam turned out great. You did a good job on that nice pretty cabinet. I love seeing woodies getting resurrected.

Yup, I've only been in the pin collection game for a around a year now but the woodies have captured my attention more than the others so..the Reserve will probably have to wait a bit as the next one will be the 1958 Williams Club House I purchased for $300 about 7 months ago. This one is a mess too, having been stored in a non climate controlled barn for ten years. I spent an hour just making sure the mud wasp nests were empty before I moved it inside.

IMG_7162 (resized).JPG
#24 6 months ago

Very nice. I’m looking forward to seeing your restoration photos of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
$ 6.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 64.99
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside