Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have casual competitive play at your home arcade?”

• Absolutely! I'm practically running the next IFPA in my basement! 7 votes
      22%
    • Yeah! One on one "tournaments" between me and the spouse, the kids, or friends happen at least once a month! 7 votes
      22%
    • Ehh, once in a blue moon. I'd like to more, but it's hard to get anyone other than me excited in the house. 13 votes
      41%
    • Nope. Simple as that. 5 votes
      16%

(32 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadsugg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm trying to find out how many people have casual "tournaments" in their home...
    It doesn't matter if it's you vs your spouse, you vs your kids, your friends, etc.

I'm asking because I have an idea I've started brainstorming for something that could make these little in-home battles a bit more fun, and I want to see if other people are like me on this - because when I last had a pin in my home, the gf and I would play "tournaments" against each other all the time. And in-home bragging rights are nothing to scoff at when it comes to us playing pinball!

Let me know in the poll or comments - would love to here how un-alone or alone I am in this.

#9 8 years ago

Thank you for all of the input! This is all really helping a lot with allowing me to pinpoint my goals with this idea.

To get to the point, I'm brainstorming a way to basically make pinball more accessible and fun for those who don't necessarily see what all of us who are obsessed with it love so much about it. With that in mind, I also want this idea to enhance experienced pinball players' fun as well.

Because really, the poll is showing exactly what I thought it would:
    1 - People like playing casually competitive pinball in their own home
    2 - People wish they could get their friends and family excited to play more often as well

I'd really love to hear more specifics from more people about what they do in their own home competitively though. Because there looks like there are two sides to this: the "I want my family and friends to play more", and the "I'm already set up with (or want to setup) a good little mini-casual tournament gathering in my home".

So if you haven't commented yet, please feel free to let me know the specifics of your home tourneys. It really doesn't matter if it's just games between you and your wife, or a ten person group from the office, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadsugg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/in-home-tournaments?tu=chadsugg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.