7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nasco62
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

imagesCA7D9JNC.jpg
    udooo3.jpg
    ac-dc-highway-to-hell-front.jpg

#1 7 years ago

This is the cover of Highway to Hell, by AC/DC.
    On 25 May 2006, Highway to Hell was certified 7x Platinum by the RIAA.
    Thats seven million copies sold of this iconic album.
    In 2003, the album was ranked number 199 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

ac-dc-highway-to-hell-front.jpg

Maybe Stern isn't too far off the mark for putting an iconic image on the playfield, no matter how ugh? I know I hated it at first, but now I guess its not too bad, is what I'm sayin.

#2 7 years ago

Maybe they should've worked in the entire cover shot with the whole group instead of zooming in just on THE FACE.

#3 7 years ago

Yea it still doesn't make up for the fact that it takes up far to much of the center of the playfield though.. But I hate being negative so I appreciate your attempt to find something positive about the playfield art.

I have friends that are capable of supplying something way better than what they came up for this one. My friends are professional designers, I kind of wish Stern would reach out to some outside professionals like them to help with the art design. I don't think the cost would be very high to create one master design and then copy it on all the rest of the playfields/cabs. IMO Stern could use some help in the art/design of the cabs and playfields.

#4 7 years ago

Yeah, but Rolling Stone ranked it based on the music not the face.......no defense for that

#5 7 years ago

Rock and Roll wasn't pretty in the 70's. It just sounded great.

#6 7 years ago

its an insult to Bon Scott's memory to not have him on the playfield.

but then again..
    They need to have a little grey animated tombstone that says "Bon Scott" on it and when you hit it with the ball this little zombie hand rises out of the playfield and gives you the finger and cusses you out in 'Strine...

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

+1 LOL

#8 7 years ago

Personally I don't think the face pic looks all that bad. Kinda looks badass.

I like the orange color all over the pf. In fact, I think the pf looks killer on ac/dc

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

So says your Kiss avatar

#10 7 years ago

I'm just glad they didn't make an accept pin. We would have Udo Dirkschneider's face to look at.

udooo3.jpg

#11 7 years ago

I saw Kiss live with Wendy and the Plasmatics. it was a brutal Kiss crowd, and they booed her off stage. Shortly afterward, poor Wendy committed suicide. Rock and Roll is a hard road...

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

I saw Kiss live with Wendy and the Plasmatics. it was a brutal Kiss crowd, and they booed her off stage. Shortly afterward, poor Wendy committed suicide. Rock and Roll is a hard road...

Yes, poor Wendy.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Personally I don't think the face pic looks all that bad. Kinda looks badass.
    I like the orange color all over the pf. In fact, I think the pf looks killer on ac/dc

I'm with you on that. Any AC/DC fan know where that face comes from. I'm not sure why it is getting so much scorn on RGP.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

CrazyFliprFingrs said:I saw Kiss live with Wendy and the Plasmatics. it was a brutal Kiss crowd, and they booed her off stage. Shortly afterward, poor Wendy committed suicide. Rock and Roll is a hard road...
    Yes, poor Wendy.

I'm sure her problems were deeper rooted than just having a bad gig on a KISS tour.
    She lived the life of sex,drugs, rock & roll. Others died before her, and after her from
    the same excesses.

Brutal Kiss crowd or not, their music wasn't anything to brag about.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Espo66:

I'm not sure why it is getting so much scorn on RGP.

Have you not read Pinside lately ? Pinside roasted the Angus face..

Jim

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Pinside roasted the Angus face..

lol, that's putting it lightly.

#17 7 years ago

It is all part of Stern's master plan. First they use Angus's face just as a warm up act for the horrors that are about to follow.
    LaBouffy's face!

imagesCA7D9JNC.jpg

#18 7 years ago

I think I need therapy now....

#19 7 years ago

At least there was no LeBeouf on TF.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

First they use Angus's face just as a warm up act for the horrors that are about to follow.
    LaBouffy's face!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffy777:

Maybe they should've worked in the entire cover shot with the whole group instead of zooming in just on THE FACE.

Maybe, but you have to admit, Angus' face on that album cover is what stands out. That's the face of AC/DC! His sneer lets you know that Highway To Hell rocks! A lot more than Bon's smiley face in this case and I am a huge Bon Scott fan!

#22 7 years ago

Are you really prepared to see that face every minute you play AC/DC for the next couple of years?

#23 7 years ago

In 2003, the album was ranked number 199 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

Maybe Stern isn't too far off the mark for putting an iconic image on the playfield, no matter how ugh? I know I hated it at first, but now I guess its not too bad, is what I'm sayin.

So does the mean you are 100% supporting JJP on his decision to produce WOZ? You must based on your logic for AC/DC or your point does not stand.

From Wikipedia, "The film was named the most-watched motion picture in history by the Library of Congress,[4] is often ranked among the Top 10 Best Movies of All Time in various critics' and popular polls, and is the source of many memorable quotes referenced in modern popular culture."

#24 7 years ago

This is the cover of Highway to Hell, by AC/DC.

Attachments ac-dc-highway-to-hell-front.jpg (205.5 KB, 0 downloads) 8 hours old

Yes, it still sucks. Hard.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Are you really prepared to see that face every minute you play AC/DC for the next couple of years?

Yep...!

#26 7 years ago

Like everyone has said, the art is disappointing. Think they just might change it? I recall from Steve Ritchie's presentation at the Chicago Pinball Expo he said "why is everyone so angry online? Let's get along"...or something very similar. I wonder how he feels with all this criticism. I'm not worried about his feelings mind you, but he was very proud of this project...wish it was going different for him. He is a legend after all.

#27 7 years ago

I must be the only one... but Angus's face is really starting to grow on me.
    maybe it's because everybody hates it, I dunno. I'm really liking it! I think it's hilarious!
    ( no sarcasm here!)

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

I must be the only one... but Angus's face is really starting to grow on me.

+1

#29 7 years ago

Everyone has bitched about WOZ as well. Online most people bitch...You apparently don't know me, and what's the recourse? I can state my bitch, and press enter, and what can you do about it? Very manily if you asked me. You rarely see positive comments.

Someone on here even posted my "man card" should be taken away because I bought a WOZ. I will give my address out if you want to come over here and take it from me. I was just surprised to see an LE cost about $500 more than a WOZ. This band did write an album that was only sold in Wal-Mart.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Espo66 said:I'm not sure why it is getting so much scorn on RGP.
    Have you not read Pinside lately ? Pinside roasted the Angus face..
    Jim

Cool, did Seth Macfarlane host it or Lisa Lampanelli ?

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

Everyone has bitched about WOZ as well. Online most people bitch...You apparently don't know me, and what's the recourse? I can state my bitch, and press enter, and what can you do about it? Very manily if you asked me. You rarely see positive comments.
    Someone on here even posted my "man card" should be taken away because I bought a WOZ. I will give my address out if you want to come over here and take it from me. I was just surprised to see an LE cost about $500 more than a WOZ. This band did write an album that was only sold in Wal-Mart.

Again down this price road, those are suggested retail prices. Call your dist. and it's cheaper.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

I'm just glad they didn't make an accept pin. We would have Udo Dirkschneider's face to look at.

Attachments udooo3.jpg (51.9 KB, 1 downloads) 10 hours old

That's some funny shit I admit

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

CrazyFliprFingrs said:On 25 May 2006, Highway to Hell was certified 7x Platinum by the RIAA.
    CrazyFliprFingrs said:Maybe Stern isn't too far off the mark for putting an iconic image on the playfield, no matter how ugh? I know I hated it at first, but now I guess its not too bad, is what I'm sayin.
    So does the mean you are 100% supporting JJP on his decision to produce WOZ? You must based on your logic for AC/DC or your point does not stand.
    From Wikipedia, "The film was named the most-watched motion picture in history by the Library of Congress,[4] is often ranked among the Top 10 Best Movies of All Time in various critics' and popular polls, and is the source of many memorable quotes referenced in modern popular culture."

I never said I didn't like WOZ as a pin theme, in fact it said given a choice of the two
    I would take a wiz.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

Someone on here even posted my "man card" should be taken away because I bought a WOZ.

Ahhh yes,
    I remember that one as well VT8...
    Funny stuff!!! To think WOZ is responsible for the influx of hot women that want to come over and play mine after I set it up! Man, doesn't that just SUCK!!!

As for the thread...
    I just love the fact that in a couple of months I will be asking other pinheads attending the shows: "Hey ___ , have you played "THE FACE" yet?!?!?"

Thanks Gary!

#35 7 years ago

I cant wait to hear what people think of the game play?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside