Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mswhat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8773458467056557_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 8 years ago

Hate small boutique stores. I just want to browse. Your selection and store is so small, I can find what I want. Don't want to play 20 questions. If I wanted a specific item, and was too lazy or wanted the company of someone to hand me the item from the shelf after joining me on me 10 foot trip , I would ask.

Yes I know you pre-order. no I will not pre-order. I am not a rewards member. no I do not want to be. What brings me into your store? Nothing now, you made it weird, I'm leaving.

BTW. We still have a Radio Shack here. Bought a few things to fix the pinball. But not only is the store pushy about cell phones, they moved the phone sales people outside. So they were already harassing you before you even opened the door.

2 weeks later
    #50 8 years ago

Before the fall of Radio Shack, I stopped in looking for fuses. They were out of the ones I needed. The salesman told me "I think we had a rush on them last week. We'll have more tomorrow."

Pretty sure people did not rush into the store to buy fuses. Also pretty sure they will not be in tomorrow. (They weren't. Nor were they the following week.)

#62 8 years ago

We have a Frys, but the quality of salesmen is pretty low. You can always find them in groups talking to themselves. Also, when you ask them where something is at, they will point you across the store. Once you get there and ask someone where that product is at, they will send you back where you started. This has happened to me 100% of the time.

They also have 70 individual checkout registers. 3 of which are open.

#66 8 years ago

Problem with Frys is much more than just the technical stuff with electronic components. The store is laid out so poorly, and the employees are stuck to their own section that they don't know where anything else is.

Their sales people aren't just dull with electronic components, it's across the board. They stupidly split their computer sections up. Motherboards are on one side of the store, sound cards and graphic cards are a half mile away on the other side of the store. And for all the other small little accessories and such, they've split their selection up. Headphones are in 3 different locations throughout the store. Phone batteries are in two. I've now been there enough that I can pretty much figure out where the stuff I want is at. But when I went with a friend, when he was looking for a very specific product, I told him about the problem I had with their sales people sending me across the store and back.

We go to the area where be both thought his thing would be. Sure enough, the salesman said to go over to the section over on the other side of the building. I BEGGED my friend to ask another employee in that new section to ask for the item, even after we found it ourselves, just to confirm what I just said.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/in-a-world-without-radio-shack?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.