(Topic ID: 321119)

POLL: In 2023 which company would you prefer to make your dream theme?

By jeffgoldstein2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“POLL: In 2023 which company would you prefer to make your dream theme?”

• Stern Pinball 39 votes
      45%
    • Jersey Jack Pinball 15 votes
      17%
    • Spooky Pinball 4 votes
      5%
    • American Pinball 10 votes
      11%
    • Chicago Gaming Company 13 votes
      15%
    • Multimorphic 4 votes
      5%
    • Haggis Pinball 0 votes
    • Pinball Brothers 1 vote
      1%
    • Dutch Pinball 1 vote
      1%

(87 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I guess I have my dream theme already (Alien). I am glad it was not a Stern, simply due to it being 'different'. Of course that comes with it's own pros/cons (such as all the software/hardware issues people are seeing).
    Spooky did an outstanding job on R&M, but I feel they fumbled HWN.
    Stern has a tendency to feel samey and uninspired to me. I know that's not a popular opinion around here. But I will say they have stepped up their game.
    CGC has done a great job on the remakes quality wise, but can they make their own from scratch?? Yet to be proven.
    I can't really speak to JJP...the only game I've really liked of theirs was Dialed In.
    If I had a next dream theme, it would be Evil Dead....and I would need to go with Spooky for that one.
    The #1 key though, if you are going to do a theme based on a movie license...GET THE FRIGGING ASSETS. This is to all makers.

I love Rick & Morty as a theme. Theme integration is absolutely perfect. Maybe the best in pinball next to AF? I don’t own one so I can’t speak to gameplay as much because I don’t have enough time on it. A lot of people seem to not care for the way it shoots. I do own Halloween and while I agree it doesn’t have enough assets integrated, it is a lot of fun to shoot. Will we see more as the code progresses? Don’t know. In my line-up it gets the most attention from me. Doesn’t shoot like a Stern. But that’s what I like about it. It’s built different. You can shoot any Stern and get the same experience. I’m in total agreement on the Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness theme as being my “dream theme”. I’ve been a fan of that theme since I was a kid. Of all the game makers out there, here’s my opinion on how it would turn out:

1. Stern - would end up being too vanilla for me. I need this to be gory, not family friendly, with all the glorious one-liners only Bruce Campbell can deliver. Stern doesn’t typically do this. Have to buy it.
    2. JJP - game would be built like a tank. Art work would be amazing. I think it would shoot clunky. I honestly have wanted to love every JJP game. I just don’t like they way they shoot. I don’t hate them. I just don’t think those games are fun. Theme alone would have me buying it.
    3. Multimorphic - Real potential here because the playfield is an f’ing flat screen T.V. Given the available assets, would play out great on a T.V. screen. If they made it, I would have to buy it, even at that elevated initial price point for the system. These are definitely fun to shoot games.
    4. Pinball Brothers - no experience with these guys at all. Are they fun? No idea. Alien was an established theme. Another one I think would be great to own. Can’t speak to quality.
    5. CGC - I own 3 of them. I love them all. Previously established themes. All redone with modern electronics. Build quality was maintained though. Games play great. Built like tanks. Can they pull off an independent theme? Yet to be seen.
    6. Spooky - Best chance to get good theme integration. All the quirky parts. Little Easter egg like call-outs etc. The Spooky family are fans as well as game makers. They know the IP. They know what fanboys would want to see in the game. They take fan ideas and put them in if they think it will fit. Will it play like HWN or R&M? Based on my experience with HWN, I trust they could do this one right. I would go with Spooky winning the license if I had my way.
    7. Dutch Pinball - I want it before I’m dead.
    8. Haggis - no experience with this company.
    It’s not important that the theme just “get made” for me. I need it to be nailed. I would want it to be a game I would nail to the floor. I don’t want to have to “mod” it to make it right. I don’t want to complain about the code. I don’t want to complain about the shots. I think a lot of people say “dream theme” and then are disappointed by the outcome. I would rather ED2/AoD not get made at all if it’s not going to be done right. I know that’s a tall order from someone who doesn’t have to make pinball machines for a living. Sorry for the long post if you got this far.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/in-2023-which-company-would-you-prefer-to-make-your-dream-them-b-e?tu=greenmachine19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.