31%

(102 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I'm thinking to trade my IMVE .
I have an offer against X-men pro

What do you think about this trade?

never play pro model , just magneto LE

#2 6 years ago

The pro is better because the flow does not get interrupted by the moving ramp or the pop ups. Both are great games. Xmen pro plus $1000 is a fair deal for Imve.

#3 6 years ago

XM is just not fun at all, callouts and music are bad. IM is 10 times better. You better keep your IM

#4 6 years ago

Iron man. First I hated it but it's grown on me

#5 6 years ago

IM is a great pin imo but if you're tired of IM nothing wrong with trying XM but there are better pins to consider like SM or Met pro or TWD pro.

XM is fun but just good not great. I think IM is great.

#6 6 years ago

I also have Met , i own in the past SM
So i proposed to trade my IM against a stern pro model after 2010
Ideally i would a TWD but i don't find a trade against my IMVE

#7 6 years ago

This poll may end up 4 not even like LotR v Met poll

But that doesn't mean you may be one that might prefer XM better.

#8 6 years ago

IM VE

#9 6 years ago

X-MEN Pro is one of the greatest pins many of you have never really played.
It's very similar to a backwards Tron with deeper rules. Not many people can beat it.

Iron Man has unbalanced scoring.

#10 6 years ago

I had XM but i don't keep it, i just find this game not fun.
I don't find IM have unbalanced scoring, the Do or die hurry up is huge scoring i agree but it's not so easy to achieve. For me IM is just a better game on all points but that's just my opinion...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I had XM but i don't keep it, i just find this game not fun.
I don't find IM have unbalanced scoring, the Do or die hurry up is huge scoring i agree but it's not so easy to achieve. For me IM is just a better game on all points but that's just my opinion...

It scores 250k, 300k jackpots, very low scoring in general, etc, and then do enough stuff and it dumps 50 million in your lap. This is along the same lines as Gilligans Island.
If you like that kind of game, Avatar is superior in my honest opinion, but X-MEN is fantastic all around.

#12 6 years ago

I had Avatar too, it's the last game i had, sold it a month ago. Great game but not as fun and badass as IM imo but i agree it's a great underrated game. I agree the scoring in Whiplash and War Machine multiball is low and i don't like that but if you stack 2 multiballs it's not so bad and the goal is always to achieve DorD hurry up. There's some really great shot in this game, the inner loop for Iron monger jackpot and DoD hurry up, the War machine when you start the multiball or try to have the super jackpot (not easy) and... the last shot in Jericho mode
With a shaker and upgraded (and loud) sound, it's an unique experience

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

X-MEN Pro is one of the greatest pins many of you have never really played.
It's very similar to a backwards Tron with deeper rules. Not many people can beat it.
Iron Man has unbalanced scoring.

Pretty much what shacklersrevenge said above.

I have owned IM, Tron and Xmen. I no longer have IM but have got both Tron and Xmen.

#14 6 years ago

IMVE is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy better and maybe the best Stern ever. Xmen is not even in the same ball park. IMVE is worth a lot more as well, as least $1000 US more.

Then again we all have different tastes. If IMVE doesn't do it for you then move it along and find something that will.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

XM is just not fun at all, callouts and music are bad. IM is 10 times better. You better keep your IM

No offense but imho your statement "xm is just not fun at all" is just the opposite of my opinion. Matter of fact it's a ton of fun imo. Having owned both i must say both are a ton of fun. When u mention xm... bad callouts (ok imo)music (pretty good imo) sound fx (great imo) animations (great) you forget to mention how terrible ironman animations are. Yes ironman has great....sound/callouts/music/ along with great gameplay. However xmen offers much more gameplay and a much deeper journey that is almost as intense as ironman. So to sum things up both are great in many ways imho although I would think Imve more valuable.

#16 6 years ago

It's very similar to a backwards Tron with deeper rules.

A backwards Tron isn't Tron. Xmen is just backwards.

IM FTW!!!!

#17 6 years ago

Not sure why this is a poll? It's about making a trade. IM is way better than XMen...but if you're tired of IM trade it.

#18 6 years ago

The one thing I don't like about IM is that the scoring is way out of balance. The only way to score on this game is to beat Jericho, which rarely happens, or get to do or die, which is even rarer. Without doing that, you'll be hard pressed to score over 20 mil, though it is fun trying.

#19 6 years ago

I own a IMVE and have a good friend with an X-Men Pro. Seeing how you already have a MET (which feels very similar to IM) you may want to consider the trade if you get enough extra cash. My IMVE will never leave my collection, but XM is really fun and has a lot more depth and things to do. Strategically playing the game while trying to collect all the heroes before starting Magneto MB, bringing the right villian into hero and MB modes, etc. is really fun, and the wizard modes are fantastic - I love playing Danger Room. The audio is terrible IMO on X-Men, but it fits with the campy, comic style I could expect from it as it's not based on the movies. In any case, I wouldn't let the outspoken minority of pinside hate on X-Men influence your decision too much, it's a great game from Borg.

As Lermods just posted, scoring can be tricky sometimes on IM, but at the same time this helps make the shallow rules a little more meaningful - - understanding the nuance of IM rules is critical for scoring big without having to beat Jericho or get to DOD MB. I.e. strategically trying to get your big ball at the same time while you've started your second round of IM scoring (2X), lighting and starting your MBs, and then going for your DOD hurry up at 2X, or bringing in We Got a Bogey with 2X scoring and a MB. Lots of little things to work on and try to maximize points all while playing one of the greatest sound packages ever put on a pin.

#20 6 years ago

After owning 35 pins, many Sterns and B/W 90s machines, IM for me is a masterpiece, it's just perfect in every way.
I agree, to have a great score it's DoD hurry up or Jericho but it's not so easy like others pins because in IM you are in a battle to survive and it fights back at you, and combined with a great audio package it's a great and unique experience. It's always a great fun (or frustation if you lose) to stack a double scoring with a DoD hurry up or finish Jericho but it's easier said than done and it's why this pin is wonderful for me.
I sold many pins but i know IM will last forever, even if i'll be not interested by pinball, there will always a place for IM at home

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

After owning 35 pins, many Sterns and B/W 90s machines, IM for me is a masterpiece, it's just perfect in every way.
I agree, to have a great score it's DoD hurry up or Jericho but it's not so easy like others pins because in IM you are in a battle to survive and it fights back at you, and combined with a great audio package it's a great and unique experience. It's always a great fun (or frustation if you lose) to stack a double scoring with a DoD hurry up or finish Jericho but it's easier said than done and it's why this pin is wonderful for me.
I sold many pins but i know IM will last forever, even if i'll be not interested by pinball, there will always a place for IM at home

This guy gets it

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The one thing I don't like about IM is that the scoring is way out of balance. The only way to score on this game is to beat Jericho, which rarely happens, or get to do or die, which is even rarer. Without doing that, you'll be hard pressed to score over 20 mil, though it is fun trying.

"Out of balance" is when a game has a mystery shot that randomly gives one player a billion points and another a spotted insert.

Jericho and/or Do or Die aren't that rare and can be attained within any given ball! It's a challenge, sure...but it's an EARNED "wizard jackpot" if you get it. Nothing out of balance about it at all. If you get it, you deserved it.

#23 6 years ago

I have both IM and XM, they are both outstanding games. In fact I've called XM my desert island pin because there is so much going on and it's level of difficulty results in high replay value, similar to IM. However Dark Phoenix and Danger Room are much more difficult to get to than DoD hurry-up or Jericho, and because of that I'd still give the nod to XM, particularly if the desire is for deep ruleset and overall longevity to master.

#24 6 years ago

I wasnt here to take a dump on IM,
IM has great shots, fast as hell, and 3 spinners and magnets are up my alley, however, I am not a fan of the scoring in that game at all.
Avatar has a similar rule set, and the scoring is pretty spot on in that game. Getting to "Final Battle" is its own reward. The amp suit and link shot in my honest opinion are better shots than those not only in Iron Man, but in all of pinball. They rank right up there with the IJ super Jackpot captive ball, Destroy the ring jump ramp spinner, etc.

I've had close to 500 pins come through my door and I've played the crap out of each one. Iron Man is good, Avatar is better, X-MEN is a masterpiece.

#25 6 years ago

X-MEN is a masterpiece.

...of dung.

I was kinda with ya till that last line lol....Avatar is an awesome game. I sold mine cuz I felt it was too similar in style to have in my lineup with Tron and IM...but I miss it sometimes. I don't even remotely miss X-Men at all. Oooooph!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...of dung.
I was kinda with ya till that last line lol....Avatar is an awesome game. I sold mine cuz I felt it was too similar in style to have in my lineup with Tron and IM...but I miss it sometimes. I don't even remotely miss X-Men at all. Oooooph!

I am strictly speaking on the PRO, ive heard the LE is different because of the ramp, haven't played one.
The pro just whips, such fantastic flow. The hair stood up on my arm when I got to Dark Phoenix, the bird screaming was intense (awesome)

#27 6 years ago

I voted for IMVE before reading your post, because it is a much better game in my opinion. However once I realized you had one already, that is a whole different thing than the normal X vs Y poll.

Sell IMVE and buy what you want. Personally I don't like XM at all, but that doesn't mean you won't. If you are done with IM, sell it cleanly and move on.

1 week later
#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I have both IM and XM, they are both outstanding games. In fact I've called XM my desert island pin because there is so much going on and it's level of difficulty results in high replay value, similar to IM. However Dark Phoenix and Danger Room are much more difficult to get to than DoD hurry-up or Jericho, and because of that I'd still give the nod to XM, particularly if the desire is for deep ruleset and overall longevity to master.

Don't forget DOD Multiball. That is hardest of all to get to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imve-vs-x-men-pro?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.