8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Please help if possible, total newby -

I am having an issue where the pop up bumper (under whiplash) is not responding when the ball hits it. It simply is dead other than the light working as it should. I did a switch test and I noticed that when I tapped the white retainer under the steel ring on the playfield that it did not respond as it should. I called Stern and they told me to press the copper or silver contacts closer together on the bottom the playfield. I tried that and no luck, I noticed that the sound does not come as if there is contact at all during the switch test as it did with the others, as I literally pressed them together. The coil test was okay and so was the lamp test.

Does anyone have an idea of what this might be?

Thanks ahead of time.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks -

I cleaned the blades no difference, I checked and they are not stuck together as well. I will look for a break in the wiring at this point. Any other ideas are very welcome.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks but this is where I run into trouble......the wires are everywhere and honestly I have no clue what I am even looking for or what I will do when I find it.

#6 8 years ago

I have a volt meter but could really use a walk through - If anybody has time please PM me for a quick phone call.

Thanks

#8 8 years ago

Thanks for the help but youtube does not answer my questions so I'll wait for Stern if I can not find direct help. This is the reason of buying a new machine so I would have support as I learn. Going to youtube blindly will likely get me electrocuted and that would delay the machine getting fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imve-pop-up-bumper-not-responding-to-ball-help?tu=jpc211245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.