• 29 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DaveH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“IMVE, KISS Premium, GOT Premium”

• Buy IMVE, cheapest option that is already awesome and has complete code 58 votes
    50%
  • Buy Kiss premium, it's going to be great 15 votes
    13%
  • Buy GOT premium, who care about art, in Ritchie we trust 27 votes
    23%
  • F it, buy an ATV and have some outdoor fun this fall. 17 votes
    15%

(117 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

When GOT was about to be announced I had all but decided stern was getting my money. After some time to think I'm not sure if I should wait for a premium, buy a kiss premium instead as it's code is coming along and it's getting solid reviews, buy IMVE instead as it's complete and a really fun game, or spend my money on something non pinball for once.

I'm leaning towards IMVE or an ATV since KISS and GOT will have code in the works for a while and if they are good premiums will be available NIB or HUO for a couple of years.

#2 8 years ago

We believe in Steve Ritchie !

#3 8 years ago

Kiss premium all the way!

#4 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I voted for IMVE. The code is done and it's probably the last run. It also has the sweet metallic cab decals like Kiss LE. It will hold it's value well. Get one while you can and then wait and see how the other 2 turn out. I'm sure they'll be readily available for a while.

#7 8 years ago

I voted with my money and ordered an IMVE too. Can't wait to receive.

Kiss is fun, likely to get better. GOT looks like great shots and variety from very little know so far, but yeah waiting for code updates while you could be Stark-ing it up could be tough and IMVE is basically a sure thing.

#8 8 years ago

I'm a little surprised that GOT is currently winning. Thought it might be IMVE by a landslide.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm a little surprised that GOT is currently winning. Thought it might be IMVE by a landslide.

All the Stern workers were told to vote GoT

#10 8 years ago

Still haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. IMVE is really tempting but I'm just not sure how long it would last in my collection. I have a couple of really short ball time games already. But those are also some of my favorite games

#11 8 years ago

Did you bring ST back with an LE? Nice! Yeah I say IM if short ball times work for you. You are a good player so it is a good pin to brawl with. Let the other pins codes ride out and grab one then, like you did with ST and ACDC. IM is my favorite game.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you bring ST back with an LE? Nice! Yeah I say IM if short ball times work for you. You are a good player so it is a good pin to brawl with. Let the other pins codes ride out and grab one then, like you did with ST and ACDC. IM is my favorite game.

I got a ST premium from the last run. Been enjoying it. The last code update helped the game a lot and it's a good mix up compared to the games I play the most which are CFTBL, AC/DC, and AMH. I have enjoyed IM every time I've played one, maybe I should put an IMVE beside AMH. I can probably put 20 games on each of them in 1 hr.

#13 8 years ago

I really am intrigued with the GoT Premium layout(art sucks), so would be my first choice, Then IMVE, proven game, then KISS premium. Kiss is a good looking machine, still think the game itself is ok, but not great. Future code may help.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I have enjoyed IM every time I've played one, maybe I should put an IMVE beside AMH. I can probably put 20 games on each of them in 1 hr.

that's what I'd do. In a few years when RZ is in my home, it's going right next to the IMVE.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Still haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. IMVE is really tempting but I'm just not sure how long it would last in my collection. I have a couple of really short ball time games already. But those are also some of my favorite games

IMVE offers a lot more than just short ball times. It offers massive satisfaction when you can do something in those short games. A great game can take less than 5 minutes, but the amount of satisfaction from that 5 minutes has to be felt to be believed. The game is a pressure cooker once you get going. Is this the game you get the Do or Die hurryup? F(*&%^kkkkkkk, only 4 inserts lit! But I can still get Jericho... but I still needed Bogey and I hit the edge of the ramp and drained the last ball. IMVE is like standing on a knife in bare feet and being happy when you didn't cut your toe off. Other games can provide a ton of satisfaction, but IM is like hot, nasty makeup sex every time you hit the start button. Is the fight over? I'm not sure, but this feels good!

Set her up like a bitch, and be happy while she is with you, because you don't deserve her.

#16 8 years ago

Alright, I'm convinced. IMVE is ordered.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Welcome to a world of hurt

#18 8 years ago

make sure you get a shaker:

"Where do you think you're going?"
87.jpg87.jpg

#19 8 years ago

Point is:

GOT might be good, but likely it will take a full year for the code to be almost done. You can wait and see.

IMVE (to me) is simply the best Stern pin for the money. Yes, I do like AcDc premium better, and Tron pro is *as good* but (IMO) Tron requires Eli ramp and arcade mod so you're looking at $600 (minimum for Tron, likely $1000 if you go for shaker, LEDs, Pinbit plastic proctors as well). AcDc premium is both more expensive as well it'll take quite a few mods (cannon, lightning bolts).

So while IMVE may not be the best (it's darn close), I like that it feels almost just right, shaker and probably Eli whip mod preferred, but it feels OK right out of the box.

Some people will say Met pro is also very good, but so far I've resisted the urge to pick one up.

Note: I'm not saying any pins 'needs' mods, but they look better with mods. I think IM is fairly simple and doesn't need a ton of mods.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

IMVE offers a lot more than just short ball times. It offers massive satisfaction when you can do something in those short games. A great game can take less than 5 minutes, but the amount of satisfaction from that 5 minutes has to be felt to be believed. The game is a pressure cooker once you get going. Is this the game you get the Do or Die hurryup? F(*&%^kkkkkkk, only 4 inserts lit! But I can still get Jericho... but I still needed Bogey and I hit the edge of the ramp and drained the last ball. IMVE is like standing on a knife in bare feet and being happy when you didn't cut your toe off. Other games can provide a ton of satisfaction, but IM is like hot, nasty makeup sex every time you hit the start button. Is the fight over? I'm not sure, but this feels good!
Set her up like a bitch, and be happy while she is with you, because you don't deserve her.

Nice sales pitch! Stern owes you a commission.

#21 8 years ago

A Subwoofer goes real well with IMVE too

#22 8 years ago

Shaker and external sub are a must on IM!

#23 8 years ago

Good call! Id get the Imve too, it will hold its value, and is a great game, then in a few years once got is fully coded, you could probably trade someone for one if you want.

#24 8 years ago

I agree I think you made the best choice, but everyone has there opinions, and some themes are restricted in households and some aren't.

Bottom line really can't go wrong with IM. Lets us know how it works out.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It was your destiny to get IM all along.

#26 8 years ago

I keep hitting refresh on my tracking webpage waiting for my IMVE to be delivered to the trucking terminal tonight. If it shows up at 3am I will be there to get it shortly after. I took the whole week off to play what I have been told is a great pinball. I think I will watch GoT for the first time while I wait to help the time pass.

#27 8 years ago

Looks like mine will be from the batch being made this week. I should get it later next week.

1 week later
#28 8 years ago

IMVE arrived Friday night, got it setup and playing Saturday morning. With the factory out lanes it can be pretty brutal but at the same time DOD is pretty achievable on a good ball. Overall its a really fun game that makes you want to keep on playing it. I haven't quite figured out all of the code yet. I assume the marks are completed by starting or completing the different tasks?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

but at the same time DOD is pretty achievable on a good ball

Stiffen up the game a bit. In my opinion the DoD Hurryup should be achievable only on a great ball. It should be very special and out at the edge of play. Setting up IM nasty makes it a much better game and keeps it interesting. Too easy and it can all crash down.

And obviously, that is just opinion. It is your game, and you should set it up however you find it to be the most fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imve-kiss-premium-got-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.