(Topic ID: 173694)

Impulse flippers on Woodrails?

By poppapin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who likes impulse flippers?”

• Yes, I love them 5 votes
      63%
    • WTF are these, I can't hold the ball 2 votes
      25%
    • I'm being too picky 1 vote
      13%

(8 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rodehard (resized).jpg
    DSCN5136 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5128 (resized).JPG
    StruggleBuggies (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

Hi,
    My only impulse flipper game is a Williams Freshie, and I tend to agree with the other posters that this flipper arrangement is not my ideal. But, I also agree with O-din, that depending upon the game, it may not be a problem. I got my game at the Allentown show and, lucky for me, it was passed over despite great condition and rather inexpensive. Just needed a few tweaks to get it 100%.

I had made a video of it and originally posted it on the pinrescue site, as a thanks to Russ who helped me get it going. Has some interesting features - tilt forgiveness (a tilt doesn't end the game, just the scoring on the ball) and "handicap scoring' (if you don't win a game on points or specials after 6 games in a row, the 7th game will light a lane for special to help you out. If you still don't get a game, the 8th game lights two lanes for special, and so on. If by the 10th game, you still haven't won, then every lane is lit. No way can you not win, then! Then the handicap counter goes back to zero for the next round...)

Also, as pointed out, the flippers are strong...can send a ball back to the top of the playfield. If there's enough bells and pops and light show, then the quirky flippers seem no big deal.

Joel

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/impulse-flippers-on-woodrails?tu=oldcarz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.