3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jimredsox:

In sports you focus on fundamentals. Basketball dribbling w head up etc. don’t just play pick up games. I’ve bought my first pin 2months ago JP premium. Love it. G&R on order. I still go to local arcades to play as well. My goal is to be an overall better player. I tend to struggle with certain shots in games. I feel like I’m stuck at my level and want to practice more effectively. Not worrying about scores but overall ball control etc. any suggestions? In sports there are drills repetitive that you slowly put together to improve overall game. I don’t want to just “keep playing to get better” I want to practice better. Make sense?

How goes the practice and improvement?

Besides the great feedback from Nokoro above, another key element is to get better at aiming and adjusting to each physical game you play: each time you miss a shot, tell yourself in your head whether you were early or late on your flip, depending on whether you missed the shot toward the center of the pin or missed it wide, respectively (for forehand shots). To me, aiming is all about timing, so if you can ingrained in your head to adjust your timing, your accuracy will improve.

Other notes on aiming: the techniques mentioned in the other post improve your control, which allow you to have more standardized timing situations by which to aim. Second, you will need to have two time durations per shot: one from a cradle, and second shorter one for rolling feeds from the inlane.

Hope this helps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-skills-practice-smart-help?tu=snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.