Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7AE62E2E-CEA1-4018-88A2-52015BF9480A (resized).jpeg
D2C277F5-7E8F-4213-922F-7FBE3C5AB679 (resized).jpeg
20191008_195909 (resized).jpg
20191008_190924 (resized).jpg
20191008_200014 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

Have had this Blue Note for some time. Bought it with the worn out backglass, and since there were only 226 of these made, had figured out that a NOS back glass would be a tough find. Here are some photos of before and after.

Worn out backglass with peeling and missing art work.
20191008_190924 (resized).jpg

The backside with tape and possibly some clear coat.
20191008_200014 (resized).jpg

The new backglass from Steve at Mayfair Amusements in NYC. Steve sent some photos of the slightly worn off back silvering. Looked great to me as it is a 100% improvement from what I had. Could not be happier with the replacement.
20191008_195909 (resized).jpg

#3 8 days ago

Looks Awesome! I’m looking for this machine to add to my collection also...

#4 8 days ago

Wow clickbate title lol.
I thought you were changing something to improve to gameplay.
Your just replacing a worn backglass.

#5 8 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow clickbate title lol.

Ignore that. This is a remarkable job wow!

#6 8 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow clickbate title lol.

I will admit that the hardest part of this change was the dent in the Credit Card statement.

#7 8 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I will admit that the hardest part of this change was the dent in the Credit Card statement.

LOL. And I will admit that I missed the first time that this was a purchase of a new backglass. But it still looks good!

#8 8 days ago

Hey, its Sonny and Cher!

#9 8 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It looks incredible! Congrats!

I don't know about that. It just looks like new!

#10 8 days ago

I always thought the guy looked like Donny Osmond.

#11 8 days ago

The area of white around the score reel windows has a slight pearl effect. Not a straight white colour.

#12 7 days ago
Quoted from SteamVette:

I always thought the guy looked like Donny Osmond.

Hey, its Donnie and Marie!

#13 7 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Have had this Blue Note for some time. Bought it with the worn out backglass, and since there were only 226 of these made, had figured out that a NOS back glass would be a tough find. Here are some photos of before and after.
Worn out backglass with peeling and missing art work.
[quoted image]
The backside with tape and possibly some clear coat.
[quoted image]
The new backglass from Steve at Mayfair Amusements in NYC. Steve sent some photos of the slightly worn off back silvering. Looked great to me as it is a 100% improvement from what I had. Could not be happier with the replacement.
[quoted image]

Very nice. I tried to contact them this morning after seeing this to ask if they might have a backglass for my Flip a Card since the one I have had been horribly touched up by a previous owner.

Haven’t heard anything back from them yet. Just wondering if it took awhile for them to respond to you. Hopefully they have one.

#14 5 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Very nice. I tried to contact them this morning after seeing this to ask if they might have a backglass for my Flip a Card since the one I have had been horribly touched up by a previous owner.
Haven’t heard anything back from them yet. Just wondering if it took awhile for them to respond to you. Hopefully they have one.

You can get an excellent repro here.
http://bgresto.com/?p=331

#15 5 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You can get an excellent repro here.
http://bgresto.com/?p=331

Thanks Mike. I was getting ready to ask about them on here after coming across their website. I wasn’t sure if they were still in business or if anyone had bought from them before.

They have produced my backglass before so it sounds like it would be in the $175-250 range plus shipping I guess.

#16 3 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Mayfair? No. I doubt he has "Flip A Card".

#17 3 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

He doesn’t. And no answer from BGResto on a reproduction estimate.

Oh well, it doesn’t look that bad.

#18 3 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

He doesn’t. And no answer from BGResto on a reproduction estimate.
Oh well, it doesn’t look that bad.

Try BGResto again, they might have a repo backglass.

#19 2 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

But he had a ‘Blue Note’?

1800>226.

#20 2 days ago

I think SeaWolf was wanting to know a cost estimate for repro BG, or maybe time to make one and receive it.

Might also want to contact Mike Pacak. if he has any stock of BGs,
IT was probably about 20yrs ago, but i remember him selling a GTB Rock Star BG (Italian cousin to Blue Note)
to someone at pinball EXPO,
The backglass had some minor flaking, so Mike in order to remedy that,
cut off a few strips of clear shipping tape and applied it to (slapped it on) the backside of the BG,
I looked on in horror, but the buyer was a young lady that just wanted it for a wall hanging
and seemed satisfied.

#21 2 days ago

Blue Note is a game no one has, so Mayfair's NOStock of BGs for rare less demand games is probably greater than higher demand more common games.

#22 2 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Blue Note is a game no one has, so Mayfair's NOStock of BGs for rare less demand games is probably greater than higher demand more common games.

Thanks for that info. I forget the demand for backglasses is high. FWIW I haven’t had any luck with getting BGResto to respond to my emails.

Here’s what I’m dealing with. A horrible touchup by some previous owner that makes it look like a serial killer broke into the girl’s dorm room and shotgunned them. Creepy as hell but I can always live with it:

7AE62E2E-CEA1-4018-88A2-52015BF9480A (resized).jpegD2C277F5-7E8F-4213-922F-7FBE3C5AB679 (resized).jpeg
#23 2 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Thanks for that info. I forget the demand for backglasses is high. FWIW I haven’t had any luck with getting BGResto to respond to my emails.

If you submitted an email to Steve outlining what you want but he has not responded - be patient. He will get back to you.

Once he gets back to you and you send payment the same advice will apply - be patient.

He provides a quality product.

#24 2 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Yes, and most backglasses that have been reproduced by Shay or Ron Webb are ones that Mayfair does not have.

#25 2 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If you submitted an email to Steve outlining what you want but he has not responded - be patient. He will get back to you.
Once he gets back to you and you send payment the same advice will apply - be patient.

That’s good to know. I’m in no hurry.

#26 2 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Heard back from Stephen just now. Looking forward to doing business with him as soon as I recover from tax day today.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 94.00
$ 29.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside