View topic image gallery

BlackPyramid-guides (resized).jpg
Flush.jpg
Pic3.png
Pic4.png
Pic5.png
Angle.jpg
#1 4 years ago

Introducing Cliffy’s Improved Flipper Return / Ball Guides / Inlane Frames for Bally/Midway Black Pyramid!

Many Black Pyramids seem to suffer from a particularly bad flipper “ball hop”. Bally was not very precise in placement/design of the ball guides/playfield which sometimes causes a hop/bounce as the ball transitions from inlane guide onto the flipper. This appears to be a common issue on many Black Pyramids I’ve seen on the 'net. See attached photos.

Cliffy’s improved, laser-cut metal frames are intended to replace the factory plastic inlane frames (Bally part numbers 0944-00900-00XF-18 and AA44-00029-15XF), and improve gameplay by bringing up the edge of the frame to be level and straight with the top edge of the flipper rubber. They have been redesigned to help ensure a smooth roll and consistent delivery to your flippers and restore perceived gameplay while maintaining an original look (light is still able to shine through). These new frames can also replace worn, broken, or missing return guides/frames.

Before and After Video – No more ball hop!

Installation is the same as with Cliffy’s other frames. You'll need to remove the bell spacers from the plastic factory frame by filing or drilling off the flange that holds them to the frame. You may also want to adjust the resting position/rotation of your flipper bat after installation.

Great Installation Video (different game but same process):

More Information: http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

Now testing / Taking orders! Email [email protected] to get your set. While you’re at it if you haven’t checked out Cliffy’s other products/enhancements yet I’d recommend doing so!

These frames have improved gameplay greatly on my game, with a noticeable increase in flipper control, speed and "flow"/smoothness. No longer must the player adjust their flip to anticipate the ball hop that surely was not intended to be present.

Here’s to hoping they help your game play much more smoothly! We will be eager to hear your results.

Cliffy
Flush.jpgFlush.jpgAngle.jpgAngle.jpgPic3.pngPic3.pngPic4.pngPic4.pngPic5.pngPic5.png

#2 4 years ago

Way to keep improving games, need this for Banzai Run ....
Stay healthy!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Way to keep improving games, need this for Banzai Run ....
Stay healthy!

So send me your set Rob! Would love to get banzai run done. I have to give a big thanks to Tyler for all the work he did testing and mailing bits back and forth trying to perfect these black pyramid frames. The left side in particular is a very tight narrow ball path and it took 3 tries to get my frame just right. Of course that means I really need some Black Pyramid owners to get a set of these from me so I can at least recoup the cost of making them- help me break even at least guys They're only $20 a set

BlackPyramid-guides (resized).jpgBlackPyramid-guides (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

This I can do... will pull them out this week for you ....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improved-replacement-inlane-ball-guide-frames-for-black-pyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.