(Topic ID: 123885)

** Improved ** Laseriffic Flipper Toppers NEW Design Pics 5-31-15

By Laseriffic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150418_154252.jpg
    IMG_20150418_154306.jpg
    image-503.jpg
    image-619.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    image-890.jpg
    image-183.jpg
    image.jpg
    cust ft ideas 001.JPG
    cust ft ideas 002.JPG
    MMRG.jpg
    MMr Orange.jpg
    ACDC Flames.jpg
    TWD.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Well I never gave up looking for a stronger material to make these out of, I have literally been looking for a year now. Then today I receive a email about a new laser material and the company that carries it was local so I went and picked it up today.. I am impressed, they are virtually indestructible** unless you bend them in half ** and they are low profile, 1/2 the thickness of the originals. These will not break or fall off, the only downside is the amount of colors is limited to 40 and most don't look good. I picked up 5 colors to test and here are my first samples. I did The AC/DC / Met flames, Batman and CFTBL.. what do you think??

New Flipper Toppers 001.JPGNew Flipper Toppers 001.JPG
    New Flipper Toppers 002.JPGNew Flipper Toppers 002.JPG

#3 9 years ago

They look great. Be happy to see these return to the market!

#4 9 years ago

These look good!

#5 9 years ago

Looks Good!!
    My AC/DC ones are still holding up,but would be in for a new pair

#6 9 years ago

LOL, I didn't fully read the title and thought those were backbox toppers

They actually would be cool to mount as a topper....would have to be 20X bigger though

#7 9 years ago

I can make them 32" x 20" max now.. Wall Hangers

#8 9 years ago

Here's a few more and Aurich's Dragon I could never get to work. The dragon is by far pushing the limits of this material though. I do have a IM being made now for the red or yellow material.

New flipper toppers 2 001.JPGNew flipper toppers 2 001.JPG
    #9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here's a few more and Aurich's Dragon I could never get to work. The dragon is by far pushing the limits of this material though.

lol, that damn dragon. Too much detail and fine lines.

#10 9 years ago

It actually comes out really nice Aurich, I had a hell of a time before but this material is just so much nicer to work with.

#11 9 years ago

How about some lighting bolts that fit on top of lightning flippers? Give it more an embossed look

#12 9 years ago

I just need an outline and thats no problem or a flipper.

#13 9 years ago

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme flippers I desire! Nice work!

#14 9 years ago

Holy Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 9 years ago

Neat. Any generic patterns that would work on any pin?

#16 9 years ago

what about spidy in blue? or Met in purple?

#17 9 years ago

Can you do the eagle for Judge Dredd?

#18 9 years ago

I'm interested in IM and Avengers still Joe. Thanks man

#19 9 years ago

I loved these on my MET until they got obliterated by the balls...and I had an extra set. Id like to try again if they will hold up a lot better as you stated. Maybe with a different design though than just the flames. Thanks for sticking with this idea Joe....always thought it was great!

#20 9 years ago

Is there somewhere I can see a list of games these are available for?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme flippers I desire! Nice work!

Funny

Quoted from shovelhed:

what about spidy in blue? or Met in purple?

Spiderman is possible but purple is not an offered color

Quoted from RampShot11:Can you do the eagle for Judge Dredd?

Ill look into it

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Is there somewhere I can see a list of games these are available for?

email me a list of what your looking for and Ill see what I can do.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Looks Good!!
    My AC/DC ones are still holding up,but would be in for a new pair

I missed this but it's good to hear, it's not that they all failed just certain ones. I know some people have had them on over a year and still good. These new ones I truly believe have lasting ability but anything can happen. I am going over all the designs and having a few new ones made. I will post when I have the list complete with pics.

These will be $7.50ea+$2.50 shipping

Joe

// Error: Image 389178 not found // // Error: Image 389179 not found // // Error: Image 389180 not found //
    #23 9 years ago

I can't wait to get some of these. Buy with confidence from Joe. He is one of the good guys in this industry.

#24 9 years ago

I am a buyer for the ACDC and Met. Anything for the Tron?

#25 9 years ago

Ill take a CFTBL set when they are ready

#26 9 years ago

Here is almost all the designs I have at the moment. The color makes no difference, they can be made in any of the colors we have. Here is a list of colors we have / will have, as soon as they are all here I will make a swatch so you can see them. I will be putting these on my website today and start filling orders tomorrow, when you contact us please mention the design and color wanted.
    Red, Green,Blue,White,Black.. coming colors. Bright Green,Airforce Blue,Marine Blue,Driftwood,Gold,Silver,Graphite,Dark Brown,Copper,Clear,Orange.

Flipper Toppers Web Pics 001.JPGFlipper Toppers Web Pics 001.JPG Flipper Toppers Web Pics 017.JPGFlipper Toppers Web Pics 017.JPG
    #28 9 years ago

I notice that this version has a matte look. I really liked the glossy/ metallic look of the old style. Is there any way to gloss these up a bit?

#29 9 years ago

No purple

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

I notice that this version has a matte look. I really liked the glossy/ metallic look of the old style. Is there any way to gloss these up a bit?

It is actually glossy, the other side of the material is matte.. and no purple I asked. I will keep checking with them, they said new colors will be added over time.

#31 9 years ago

Those blood ones would look great on my Dracula

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Those blood ones would look great on my Dracula

Can you put these on lightning flippers? Even with the lightning bolts already etched in the flippers? If so the yellow swirl one would look good on my Dr. Who, not in yellow of course.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

Aurich's Dragon I could never get to work. The dragon is by far pushing the limits of this material though.

Do you plan to offer the dragon for sale or was that just a test run?

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Can you put these on lightning flippers? Even with the lightning bolts already etched in the flippers? If so the yellow swirl one would look good on my Dr. Who, not in yellow of course.

Not sure.. someone asked me to make the lighting bolt for them though.

Quoted from fosaisu:Do you plan to offer the dragon for sale or was that just a test run?

I'll make it

#35 9 years ago

Yooooo Joe, only see a handful showing on the website for sale? You still getting them all uploaded?

#36 9 years ago

I count 28... there are 4 pages.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

there are 4 pages.

........stupid details

When do you anticipate having all those other colors ready and available to show? One detail I had mentioned on your last go around with these Joe was the games with 3/4 flippers and trying to either provide extras or a 3rd flipper type option for those games. I know that's a lot of extra, I just combined them sometimes, on my Shadow I used 'Shadow/Knows' on the lower flippers and then used one of those '?' on the third. Just a thought if you do expand them more.

You know I love these and get compliments from people all the time and that was your first go around, I've been hounding you since to do them again. Mine still have never broken. Awesome job, happy to see them back!

#38 9 years ago

I am picking up 6 more colors this morning and I have 7 being shipped from another location hopefully get those on Monday. I can still do the other ones from acrylic but I just don't have the full confidence in them like I do these.

#39 9 years ago

As for the 3 and 4 flipper thing I will try to work on that.

#40 9 years ago

We now have a Deluxe Edition Flipper Topper. Since I am limited on colors I came up with colored backings, now you can mix and match designs with different colors to really make them pop. Yes they are a bit taller but no taller than my original FT, actually just shy of 1/8th. Here are some examples I have come up with, I will still make the regular ones this is just a slight upgrade.
    These will be $10.00 + $2.50 shipping a set, these will not break.

Joe

Flipper Topper Deluxe 001.JPGFlipper Topper Deluxe 001.JPG Flipper Topper Deluxe 003.JPGFlipper Topper Deluxe 003.JPG Flipper Topper Deluxe 002.JPGFlipper Topper Deluxe 002.JPG
    #41 9 years ago

do these install ok on flippers with the W logo? Also, I don't see the dragon design on your sight?? It would be nice to see pics with some of these installed!

#42 9 years ago

The raised W is so slight that it won't be a problem, the adhesive I'm using is VERY strong. I will be getting pics on games next week....Jay??

#43 9 years ago

Yes I will do the Aurich's Dragon, here is a sample along with a few others.

dragon FT 001.JPGdragon FT 001.JPG
    #44 9 years ago

Do they have any of the metallic mirrored colors?

#45 9 years ago

Unfortunately no, not right now anyway. I have a gold and a silver sheet coming next week,they said more colors will come out in the future, this is a new product ,so new they don't even have purple yet.

#46 9 years ago

Looks great! I'm going to get the ST ones.

#47 9 years ago

The deluxe ones look amazing! Is there any way you can test a set on lightning flippers? I would like a set for my DW but don't know if they would fit. Thanks.

#48 9 years ago

I dont have any lighting flippers to test on

#49 9 years ago

Looked at your website link above and did not see 1) Hulk Smash or 2
    ) the One with the Enterprise. Are these designs available?

#50 9 years ago

Those Spider Web ones are VERY cool!!

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improved-laseriffic-flipper-toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.