(Topic ID: 17727)

Impressions on "STRANGE SCIENCE" and what you would pay?

By marcand

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago

It's a fun game! But then I may be a bit biased Value is really based on condition. In minty fresh condition expect to pay over 1200. Average, not too worn but playing right and all there figure 800-900

http://www.passionforpinball.com/science.htm

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from hotmach4u:

they are a lighter ball and helps in making the ramps

You shouldn't need to use powerballs to hit the ramps. On my game I can flip the ball completely around the Particle Separator ramp from either side!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from hotmach4u:

i might need to replace my coils, this game is known to have week flippers. what pitch is your game set at?

6-6.5 degrees. It is not truly known to have weak flippers. Bally used the same flipper mechs for many years. What they ARE know for is wearing out rather quickly. Bally linear flippers use a longer than normal plunger (read: heavy) with a squared notch cut out to accept a nylon crank. The end of this plunger also slides in a split nylon "nyliner" grommet at the end of the bracket. This nyliner wears out or falls out allowing the plunger to drag. So along with Goonies excellent tip on the EOS the full rebuild is the single best thing you can do on Bally linear flippers.

You can also convert the linears to the old style link and pawl. I did try that and frankly on my own Strange Science it made the flippers too snappy and all my shots were now much harder to make. The ball tended to bounce back more and I got airballs I never seen before so keep that in mind if you decide to swap

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/impressions-on-strange-science-and-what-you-would-pay?tu=cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.