View topic image gallery

101_0005.jpg
101_0009.jpg
101_0001.jpg
101_0008.jpg
101_0004.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hello my friends from over there!

So I finally managed to have that Bone Busters boot correctly by changing one of the 6532 riotchips
101_0004.JPG101_0004.JPG

But I actually have another problem now :
I just can't figure out how to add credits.
The display seem to be alright.
No coin chutes present, but a button on the coin door instead... and it doesn't seem to be doing anything

101_0008.JPG101_0008.JPG
101_0009.JPG101_0009.JPG
101_0001.JPG101_0001.JPG

Could it be something linked with them switches??

101_0005.JPG101_0005.JPG

#2 8 years ago

Not sure ,but don't move any of those Dip switches when the machine is on!

#3 8 years ago

Oh!
I think i did!
Is it bad??

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Oh!
I think i did!
Is it bad??

Yes ,it could short something out .

You may got lucky and nothing.
With the game off put everything back the way it was then turn it back on .

#5 8 years ago

Well, nothing's changed anyway...
Still no possibility to add credits : attract mode with no sound...

#6 8 years ago

I had a Bone Busters and it drove me insane with the gremlins. Never got it working 100%. Neat game though. Hope you get it worked out.

#7 8 years ago

Have you Pulled all the connectors off then put them back on?
Re-seating connector does wonders sometimes.
Of course with the game off

#8 8 years ago

What connectors do you mean??
All of them??

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

What connectors do you mean??
All of them??

The two connectors on the MPU for the switches.

#10 8 years ago

I'm not sure if Gottlieb has this type of setting, but I once fixed a Bally machine that had this exact same problem. It turned out to be a setting "Max Credits" that was set a zero. So, you could never add a credit to the game.

I never understood why that was even an option, but changing it to "20" fixed the problem immediately. The owner of the game could never get it to work because of this (seemingly) minor issue.

If there is a setting like this, it would be accessed from the coin door controls.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I'm not sure if Gottlieb has this type of setting, but I once fixed a Bally machine that had this exact same problem. It turned out to be a setting "Max Credits" that was set a zero. So, you could never add a credit to the game.
I never understood why that was even an option, but changing it to "20" fixed the problem immediately. The owner of the game could never get it to work because of this (seemingly) minor issue.
If there is a setting like this, it would be accessed from the coin door controls.

It's not an option on Gottliebs. The max credits are controlled by dip switches--the minimum is 8 and the max is 25.

#12 8 years ago

Grrrr!
Nothing!

What really puzzles me is that the start and right/left buttons don't do anything while in test mode.
Aren't they supposed to?

(although right/left activate the coils in the coil test...)

#13 8 years ago

Do a continuity test on the credit switch. Does the switch make proper contact? Do the wires go to the correct place on the connector for the MPU and give a successful continuity test?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

What really puzzles me is that the start and right/left buttons don't do anything while in test mode.
Aren't they supposed to?
(although right/left activate the coils in the coil test...)

In test mode on my 80B, the start button zeroes out info in bookkeeping and on test pages, restarts the page. The flipper buttons do nothing except fire flipper coils in coil/solenoid test page. The left "enter initials" button pauses the lamp/solenoid/coil being tested in test pages (e.g. if machine is cycling through lamps in lamp test and you hold the left "initials" button, the current lamp will continue to flash until you release the button).

If your Start button does nothing in test mode on the bookkeeping or test pages, there may be a problem with the start button switch as well.

Do you have the manual/schematics?

#15 8 years ago

Hmmm! That's weird!
Thanks for these infos, that's very helpful!

I have a pdf manual, a quite short version...

#16 8 years ago

Just because the RIOT passed in the boot sequence doesn't mean you don't still have switch matrix issues unfortunately. I'd check the schematic and make sure the credit switch line is strobing from 0 to 5v (you'll probably see more like +2.5v though cause it moves fast) on the RIOT chip

And check continuity from that credit switch installed back to the MPU, wht-red-org & wht-red-pur.

Good luck

#17 8 years ago

Remove that Varta battery....it is prone for leaking. As far as I can see it has already been leaking and might have damaged the J6 connector (playfield switches) and the J5 connector (cabinet switches). It might also have damaged the dipswitches (coin chute settings!), do a continuity check for the dipswitches with a multimeter. In system 80, it is no problem to alter the dipswitches while the game is powered on. (For system 1 however, it was a problem)

You can also check the coindoor connector and the little PCB in the cabinet with the (Germanium) switch matrix diodes. Check this board for bad solder joints and check the diodes with a multimeter.

Good luck!

Marco

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/impossible-to-add-credits-on-bone-busters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.