9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MattElder
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

How do I get in on the importing action?

More specifically, is there anyone in Europe would want to help me find, inspect and ship a pinball to the U.S.?

#2 9 years ago

You go there. You buy the machines ( most sources have dried up, you are at least ten years late ) you ship them to where they can be properly placed into containers. You arrange shipping.

On this end you arrange customs, you will be kicked up to commercial, not just one machine returning. Then arrange getting them to you.

Anything less than that and you are buying a container of landfill. Crap stuffed into containers with the most creative stuffing of machines on top of each other you can imagine.

Good luck.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

I just want one machine, a Zaccaria Spooky. I made an assumption (perhaps false) that it would be cheaper to find and import than to buy from a collector state side.

That certainly wouldn't be the case if I had to go there and get it. I am also assuming that they even show up on the market there.

#4 9 years ago

It depends on what you are planning.
    Importing full Containers from East Europe ?!
    Importing one game for you ?

In the old days when the EURO was hard and the Dollar was weak I imported me an Alvin G. to Germany. A friend organised tranportation from my Alvin G, a FIRE! Champagne and a Alvin G. Soccerball. A pinhead in the US organsised the machines and everything went well.
    Now the times changed ... its now your turn. But be sure in Europe everybody knows about the Prices.

BBB is around 21000 (!!!) Euro
    MM is around 7000 Euro
    IJ 3000 Euro
    WhiWi 900 EURO

Plus shipping, plus taxes ..... makes no sense to me expect you are looking for one very special game

OT:
    @LTG: So far no time to check my WOZ, I will come back to you ! Thanks again !

#5 9 years ago

If you can find one for sale. And they will ship to USA. You will be charged import taxes as it's not a USA made pin.

Hard to say if it would be less or more.

Either way I hope you find the game !

LTG : )™

#6 9 years ago

I sold a pin (also a spooky from zaccaria!) to the states more than a year ago.

I will send you the email in pm of the person who bought him and you can ask him for details how match it cost to import in the USA.

The shipping from Belgium to USA was 1300 € with special packaging.

I’m sure with boat will we cheaper but off course will take longer.

And a spooky is a more then hard to find pin but I’m Shure you are aware of that 

Good luck with the hunt

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I am a total noob in this regard and am totally open to being told this is a stupid tree to be barking up.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Thanks for the advice. I am a total noob in this regard and am totally open to being told this is a stupid tree to be barking up.

It's not a stupid idea. Importing definitely has it's logistical problems, but it's really not that bad if you have a good person on the other end and a good customs broker here in the US. Start by getting to know some people from Europe here on Pinside and go from there. I have built a great network of friends in Europe by getting to know people on RGP and Pinside over the years, and it's been a great experience.

If you get to the point where you are ready to bring a game over, here is the name of the customs broker that I always use: Bill McKee ([email protected]). He's with JDC International (http://www.jdcintl.com/), and has been very easy to work with.

Good luck on finding/importing a Spooky. I thought I had one on the line a while back, but they decided to keep the game. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about bringing a game over. I'd be glad to help out where I can.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/importing-machines-from-europe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.