Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bkaelin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pingulp (resized).jpg
    Cup holder.jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    crack_addict (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    mcknu.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Just wanted to remind everyone, don't place your beer on the playfield while you are working. You might accidentally lean over the side of the game and inadvertently press the flipper button, launching the glass and sending a shower of beer and glass everywhere. It's not a fun clean up job, especially after having just completed a tear down and cleaning. You're welcome.

#2 5 years ago

Pics?

#4 5 years ago
    mcknu.jpg.cf (resized).jpgmcknu.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

Even if it's a PBR and well,.. a PBR?

#6 5 years ago
    Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    #7 5 years ago
    crack_addict (resized).jpgcrack_addict (resized).jpg
    #8 5 years ago

Bet you got fined a few credits when that happened....

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

What brand o' beer?

A nice PNW Imperial IPA

#10 5 years ago

I noticed a lot of craft beers are starting to come out in cans. Always preferred bottles, but the last pickup was in cans.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #11 5 years ago

This shouldn't even be an issue because no one works on their games with the power on, right..?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

Even if it's a PBR and well,.. a PBR?

PBR in a glass? Whoa Diamond Jim Brady over here!

#13 5 years ago

Just buy some cheap cup holders on Amazon and bolt them to the leg. Place your beer in the cup holder and it's always stored below playfield level.

Just cut the hook part off and drill one hole, then thread the top leg bolt through. You can also thread the bottom bolt through the plastic if you want, which doesn't require any other drilling or modification, it threads right through the slits in the plastic.

Works great and have never had an issue. A cheaper option than the pingulp cup holder if you have a lot of games to buy for.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IKAARQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4

Cup holder.jpgCup holder.jpg
    #14 5 years ago

You guys still drink beer?

I thought all the hipsters switched to liquor.

#15 5 years ago

Um, hello, these are readily available!

pingulp (resized).jpgpingulp (resized).jpg
    #16 5 years ago

Plus you can hang a tote bag off the cup holder

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Just buy some cheap cup holders on Amazon and bolt them to the leg. Place your beer in the cup holder and it's always stored below playfield level.
    Just cut the hook part off and drill one hole, then thread the top leg bolt through. You can also thread the bottom bolt through the plastic if you want, which doesn't require any other drilling or modification, it threads right through the slits in the plastic.
    Works great and have never had an issue. A cheaper option than the pingulp cup holder if you have a lot of games to buy for.
    amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]

I do this, but the Dollar Store (or similar) has them much cheaper than Amazon. Plus, when you run your leg into one, no bruising! They will break if you really smack them (usually moving games) but you can get the replacement ready and installed in no time.

Don C.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

I do this, but the Dollar Store (or similar) has them much cheaper than Amazon.

Hmmm, dollar store you say? Good advice, I am looking to get a few more, plus my dad's games could use them. I will have to check out my local store to see if they carry anything like that.

#19 5 years ago

Dollar Store, Dollar General, all the cheapies. But it is hit and miss. When I find them, I buy a bunch.

Don

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Works great and have never had an issue. A cheaper option than the pingulp cup holder if you have a lot of games to buy for

Hell, that looks like it was designed to fit in the playfield slot on the lockdown bar!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

This shouldn't even be an issue because no one works on their games with the power on, right..?

For some problems, you simply have to work with the power on, actually most of them. Its not possible to take electrical measurements when the power is off !

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Clearly that's the only issue present in the OP.

If there's enough liquid that it requires a container, I don't let it near the pins unless it's in a spray bottle. Even then, I don't put it anywhere it could possibly drip on anything important. I have tables and shelves for beer.

I do appreciate the OPs candor, though, that's quite an amusing mental picture! I mean, since it happened to someone else.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

You might accidentally lean over the side of the game and inadvertently press the flipper button, launching the glass and sending a shower of beer and glass everywhere.

Viral video waiting to happen

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Um, hello, these are readily available!
    [quoted image]

Yes, I have an entire room of those....on every machine except this one.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Viral video waiting to happen

I wish, but I was too focused on getting it cleaned up before it did some real damage.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/important-safety-tip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.