(Topic ID: 6440)

Important Minivan Question :)

By dmilo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

truckster.jpg
    iphone_pics_107.jpg
    HIN3.jpg
    Mystery_Machine.JPG
    4523181344.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    trucknuts2_flesh.jpg
    images.jpeg
    krusemuseum0803v010.jpg
    krusemuseum0803pw038.jpg
    a_team_van_main.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I have a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. My wife has a minivan which I would occasionally use for picking up pinball machines. It's been having a problem starting so I told her to use our other car and I would drive the minivan. I took the seats out in back so it has plenty of room for 1 or 2 pins or whatever else I find.

My problem is that while driving around in the minivan, I started feeling like a soccer mom (it doesn't help that there are stickers in the back of a soccer ball and cheer leading).

So my question is what can I do to the minivan to make it more manly? I was going to put decals on the side of pinball machines to give it a more commercial feel, but other than that I can't think of anything.

Any ideas?

thanks!

#2 12 years ago

No.

#3 12 years ago

Just a few tasteful modifications should help. Of course, you might only be able to fit one pin once you fit the van with a Gatling gun.

a_team_van_main.jpga_team_van_main.jpg

#4 12 years ago

How about this, while looking for minivan artwork, he even has one called Pinball Wizard.

krusemuseum0803pw038.jpgkrusemuseum0803pw038.jpg krusemuseum0803v010.jpgkrusemuseum0803v010.jpg

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from dmilo:

So my question is what can I do to the minivan to make it more manly?

Scratch yourself while driving......I guess that falls under what can I do IN the minivan.

#6 12 years ago

If you're married, the only woman you need to impress shares your bed. If other peeps think you're less than manly driving the van, eff 'em. You know who you are and what you're doing....

*in best Italian accent "don't worry about it"

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

If you're married, the only woman you need to impress shares your bed. If other peeps think you're less than manly driving the van, eff 'em. You know who you are and what you're doing....

Great advice there.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

*in best Italian accent "don't worry about it"

Ya, there is nothing you can do to make it more manly...its already shaped and is a minivan. I had one in college....ugh bad times. If you are already married though, who cares. Oh you could put a vinyl on the back that said, My other car is a manly one, or something hahaha. Thought about putting something like that on my Escape, because my SS is stored in the winter

Just watch this....maybe you'll feel better?

#9 12 years ago

I drive a Honda Odyssey. I get good mileage, insurance and taxes are very reasonable, tires are cheap. I can fit two pins in it, or one pin with the back seat folded down and the kids still in the van (wonder how I know that). 4x8 sheets will lay down flat in it, it will haul tons of stuff.

I'm over 40, married, two kids, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm driving my van and hauling pins.

#10 12 years ago

This is how I haul my balls.

Edit: guess it will have to wait since I can't upload a photo from my phone or copy and past the link.

#11 12 years ago

You go Stangbat!
    Honda Odysseys rock!
    F- the police! Wait, what?!?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Sexiest Minivan ever! (If there is such a thing?)
    images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

This is how I haul my balls.

Edit: guess it will have to wait since I can't upload a photo from my phone or copy and past the link.

The anticipation is killing me!

#13 12 years ago

You could always go this route

trucknuts2_flesh.jpgtrucknuts2_flesh.jpg

#14 12 years ago

Hey chief,

My recommendations would be two-fold: one, get a set of Truck Nuts. Second, a sticker that says, "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" goes a long way.

Seriously, I'm 29, and drive a BMW. I love that car to death, but the term "Honda Odyssey" has come up a LOT when discussing what vehicle to get next. My better half, our 80-ish pound dog, and myself can go on a vacation in one, get 30 miles to the gallon the freeway easy, and I can come home with a new pin. There aren't too many "manly" cars that do that for me (notable exception: El Camino, which also affords opportunity to grow pencil-thin mustache and mullet whilst on vacation). Just my two cents.

Luke

#15 12 years ago

Another nice car with the pinball wizard name, still not enough room for a pin though.

4523181344.jpg4523181344.jpg

#17 12 years ago

This would be a pretty stylin' ...

Mystery_Machine.JPGMystery_Machine.JPG

#18 12 years ago

I wonder if that machine works? "Hey, don't pull away - I'm not done playing!"

#20 12 years ago

Lets try this again.

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/JetBlack013/08%20xb/HIN3.jpg[/IMG]

Here you go:

HIN3.jpgHIN3.jpg

#21 12 years ago

Well worth it, Evil

#22 12 years ago

I drive a Honda Odyssey. I get good mileage, insurance and taxes are very reasonable, tires are cheap. I can fit two pins in it, or one pin with the back seat folded down and the kids still in the van (wonder how I know that). 4x8 sheets will lay down flat in it, it will haul tons of stuff.

I'm over 40, married, two kids, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm driving my van and hauling pins. []

Word. I've been pushing the wife to get a odyssey for awhile so I could "use" it She loves her 5spd impreza so much its not working out in my favor. I might just splurge and drive one myself. I used to be a huge wagon man and still have my rockin bmw E34 wagon. But with two kids now and a big dog a mini makes sense. I love honda's and have had them for years. I drive an accord now. I think it would be sweat to have a van thats an all purpose trip maker and being able to sleep in it, after MTN bike trips would be sweet. Besides I'm tired of stuffing pins in the wagon.

iphone_pics_107.jpgiphone_pics_107.jpg

#23 12 years ago

Thanks, wasn't sure the proper coding and just as I was trying to work it out the phone rang.

#24 12 years ago

We opted for the new Explorer. Looks great, wife loves it, good on gas and I can move pretty much anything when it rains.

#25 12 years ago

LMAO nice doublestack!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I used to be a huge wagon man and still have my rockin bmw E34 wagon.

Those are beautiful wagons.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I'm over 40, married, two kids, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm driving my van and hauling pins.

Ditto, We have had a couple mini vans. They are great. You could always try wood panel stickers.

#28 12 years ago

So to summarize, if I do the following:

1) Add spoiler and pinstripes
    2) Strap a real pinball machine to the rear
    3) Attach trucknuts
    4) Put "Pinball Wizard" on the doors
    5) Add some cartoon characters to the windows
    6) and most importantly have a hot chick standing next to my van where ever I go

That will make my minivan feel more manly

#29 12 years ago

I dunno, I like absocountry2's suggestion of wood panel stickers.

Actually, let's just cut to the chase and get the decision making over with. This is what you need, hands down:

truckster.jpgtruckster.jpg

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Actually, let's just cut to the chase and get the decision making over with. This is what you need, hands down:

lmao! National Lampoons! Love those movies!

I say just deck it all out with pinball decals all over of your fave games & suppliers and to hell with what anyone says about driving a mini van!

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from dmilo:

1) Add spoiler and pinstripes
    2) Strap a real pinball machine to the rear
    3) Attach trucknuts
    4) Put "Pinball Wizard" on the doors
    5) Add some cartoon characters to the windows
    6) and most importantly have a hot chick standing next to my van where ever I go

7) Add a big block V-8 engine so other vans can be left in the dust

#32 12 years ago

Fuzzy dice on the rear view mirrow.

#33 12 years ago

Here you get a glimpse of the truckster, then he shares a beer with Rusty. I have a feeling sharing a beer with most of you would be like sharing a beer with Rusty. He does have a Cubs shirt for the guys near Chicago.

All the stuff around the car in this one remind me of the pin that fell out of a trailer during transport. Was it BR?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/important-minivan-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.