Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66A543CF-A3C8-498D-A7CA-6B050CABBF6E.gif
    FC350158-D14B-458B-88B1-F74C5172BE14 (resized).jpeg
    9F349268-CAA3-45E8-9439-45B4A5421931.gif
    1BF3E656-643C-465D-BA45-FB7E92CA0EF9.gif

#1 1 year ago

With unemployment numbers at a record low, falling gas prices, and increased consumer confidence, are you noticing an effect the current strong economy is having on pinball sales?

I’ve sold 5 games so far this year, with ease. So I’m seeing the signs. How about you?

#2 1 year ago

Another price thread... where the hell is that Levi guy to put them in their place??

#3 1 year ago

Levy started a pricing thread... and it's not April 1st... what's going on here... am I having a Stroke ???

#4 1 year ago

I’m throwing in the towel!

We can’t have enough economy / pinball sales threads. Besides, this is a bubble inflation thread, not a bubble burst thread. I’ve always been an unabashed price pumper, remember?

And I’m not kidding. Im having a good year!

Who wants to buy an LW3?

#5 1 year ago

Literally driving home with 2 NIB now. Thanks ZMeny

#6 1 year ago

People are crazy for the pin balls and will pay lot of dough for them. Manufacturers are also seemingly incapable of even producing small quantities of new machines for whatever reasons leaving people waiting for years to pays thousands more then they agreed to pay.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Literally driving home with 2 NIB now. Thanks ZMeny

What did you get during this strong economy buying spree?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah... don't Tease us... spill the beans.

#9 1 year ago

PRICE THREAD!

Here is what I’ve observed in my time. People that generally buy and collect pinball machines are pretty damn insulated from the economy. Up or down, it really doesn’t matter.

#10 1 year ago

Chicken wings have come way down
    But those things they poop out have way up!Pinball machine prices are great! (if your selling)

#11 1 year ago

Sold one machine this year to a nice couple re-entering the hobby.
    They have plans to buy a NIB soon to go along with it!
    They seemed pretty happy to me.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bond pro for myself and father in law came with me to pick up his first pinball machine, Oktoberfest. !

#13 1 year ago

Are you sure? I just recently picked up a game and settled for a Stern Star Trek Pro like I'm some kind of poor, If the economy was better that would have been a Bond 60th.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With unemployment numbers at a record low, falling gas prices, and increased consumer confidence, are you noticing an effect the current strong economy is having on pinball sales?
    I’ve sold 5 games so far this year, with ease. So I’m seeing the signs. How about you?

5 games sold already in 2023 is impressive but maybe it's easy if you do actually live in NYC, and other unknown factors.

#15 1 year ago

I don’t think a strong or weak economy has any affect on the purchase of Collectible luxury items other than speeding up or slowing down the pace of sales.
    Sales just go on and on.

#16 1 year ago

I’ll pull the MaxAMillion card: I’m rich so it doesn’t matter to me

(What happened to that dude, anyway?)

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

But those things they poop out have way up!

Egg prices are specially fucked right now due to avian flu. They're not really a god economic indicator, unlike pinball machine sales (which I hear the Fed will start including on quarterly reports)

#18 1 year ago

I bought a fancy GZ, but then traded it for a WW plus cash, because I wanted something more immersive. I plan to put the difference back into a pinball machine.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

1BF3E656-643C-465D-BA45-FB7E92CA0EF9.gif1BF3E656-643C-465D-BA45-FB7E92CA0EF9.gif

#20 1 year ago

Economy is about as strong as it gets in a recession!

Actual definitions and economic indicators can be totally disregarded and redefined on the spot. However, pinball sales are steady and the home amusements market is growing everyday.

I’m thankful we are in a hobby that’s totally removed from economic reality.

#21 1 year ago

I just perused SoCal Craigslist, very little for sale and most that are for sale are Stupid High Prices.... except the F-14 in La Mirada
    .my Hometown !

#22 1 year ago

Go 2 NIB coming soon as well.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

He flounced out the door and was back immediately with a new user name, this time with a mustache so we couldn't tell it was still him.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I just perused SoCal Craigslist, very little for sale and most that are for sale are Stupid High Prices.... except the F-14 in La Mirada
    .my Hometown !

That's because the good stuff on CL moves very quickly, if you aren't looking you won't see it. The high priced stuff sticks around.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He flounced out the door and was back immediately with a new user name, this time with a mustache so we couldn't tell it was still him.

Hilarious

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Levy started a pricing thread... and it's not April 1st... what's going on here... am I having a Stroke ???

The cargument thread is for 4/1/23

#27 1 year ago

There's a Recession? I had no idea!

Wait, Let me change the channel to the station that repeats it every 3rd story.

#28 1 year ago

I just helped a newbie buy a TNMT game last month. He was stoked. I had to point him to real prices, since he saw some ebay thing first for way too much.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m thankful we are in a hobby that’s totally removed from economic reality.

This quote made my day!

#30 1 year ago

just heard this on the radio: egg prices are up however the price of chicken is down. WTF?!?

#31 1 year ago

We have an egg shortage, so people are buying pinballs instead.

#32 1 year ago

So many companies laying off thousands of employees at a single chop, saying it's because profits and consumer interest is way down. I would trust that far more than self-reported unemploment data by a political institution looking to look good. Pinball prices continue to stay high, though - but my guess is it's bit of a bubble...although the hobby has lots of room to expand, population-wise.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

just heard this on the radio: egg prices are up however the price of chicken is down. WTF?!?

The egg laying chickens got hit hard by avian flu - which meant whole flocks had to be destroyed. Heard egg wholesale prices just collapsed, so....

#34 1 year ago
    9F349268-CAA3-45E8-9439-45B4A5421931.gif9F349268-CAA3-45E8-9439-45B4A5421931.gif
    #35 1 year ago

'

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from 7oxford:

We have an egg shortage, so people are buying pinballs instead.

I'm so rich I replaced all my pinballs with hard boiled eggs. It really forces you to work on your soft plunge and nudging skills.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Falling gas prices my ass

#38 1 year ago

Everyone knows all positive economic news is fabricated by our lizard people overlords. If anyone watched that documentary “V” you would know this.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Everyone knows all positive economic news is fabricated by our lizard people overlords.

Or “Land of the Lost”

FC350158-D14B-458B-88B1-F74C5172BE14 (resized).jpegFC350158-D14B-458B-88B1-F74C5172BE14 (resized).jpeg
    #40 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Egg prices are specially fucked right now due to avian flu. They're not really a god economic indicator, unlike pinball machine sales (which I hear the Fed will start including on quarterly reports)

Meh. Who needs pinball machines when I’ve got a 36 count of eggs in my fridge!

That’s retirement income right there my friends! CHA-CHING!

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Everyone knows all positive economic news is fabricated by our lizard people overlords.

I really need to find me a pair of those special glasses!

66A543CF-A3C8-498D-A7CA-6B050CABBF6E.gif66A543CF-A3C8-498D-A7CA-6B050CABBF6E.gif
    #42 1 year ago

You people and your glowing economies!!! This means one thing and one thing ONLY: the pinball price bubble is gonna burst any day now.

#43 1 year ago

I’m working 4 jobs, doing my part to help those numbers

#44 1 year ago

Im getting in on the printing free money game.If You want I will share the STL

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Im getting in on the printing free money game.If You want I will share the STL

I prefer 3mf - easier to make it look real with MMU.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/impacts-of-the-current-strong-economy-on-pinball-sales- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.