7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170316_215412_543 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170316_215545_886 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170316_215449_281 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I purchased a few Imonex V9 coin mechs that are suppose to be able to accept tokens and quarters, however they seem to reject tokens all the time. The only adjustment I can see on the mech itself is one screw, which doesn't seem to make a difference no matter where I place it. I can't find any manuals or other helpful information online. Does it have something to do with the size of tokens maybe? I don't know the size of the ones I'm testing it with.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

The coin mech that will take both tokens and quarters will ONLY accept tokens of the .984" size. For reference, a quarter is .955".

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

The coin mech that will take both tokens and quarters will ONLY accept tokens of the .984" size. For reference, a quarter is .955".

Thank you for the response!

Upon further research into the part number on my mech I did find that, which is good to know. It seems like there's also a newer and slightly more expensive variant of the V9 that accepts 0.900", so I'll just have to make sure everything I get is consistent.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Thank you for the response!
    Upon further research into the part number on my mech I did find that, which is good to know. It seems like there's also a newer and slightly more expensive variant of the V9 that accepts 0.900", so I'll just have to make sure everything I get is consistent.

If it accepts a .900 token, it can't accept a quarter. By the way, they are almost all V9 versions. The sticker on the back of the mech should give you another number. For just quarters, it reads Mod 950. The one you are looking for (to accept quarters and .984 tokens) should be 950-984.

#5 7 years ago

The screw adjustment is to reject coins that are too big. There is no adjustment to reject coins that are too small. If too small, the coin simply falls into the reject chute as it rolls through the mech. 0.9" token shown in a quarter mech.

IMG_20170316_215449_281 (resized).jpgIMG_20170316_215449_281 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Allow me to blow your effing mind...

IMG_20170316_215545_886 (resized).jpgIMG_20170316_215545_886 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170316_215412_543 (resized).jpgIMG_20170316_215412_543 (resized).jpg

Leave some slack on the tape otherwise it will jam. With the tape, the mech can pass a token, quarter, nickel, dime, or penny. Good for a hobbyist, not for an operator

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imonex-v9-coin-mech-not-accepting-quarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.