Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1 (resized).jpeg
    Fail_forecast (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I had been thinking of buying an IMLB as some of the ten JP shot look tight as hell I am staying with IMLB what do you like

#2 4 years ago

What pin is this?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What pin is this?

Iron Man Limited Bledition (?)

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Iron Man Limited Bledition

Never heard that before. I love IM but I would go JP.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What pin is this?

What is the Stern Iron Maiden 2 abbreviation

#6 4 years ago

I would get Maiden it's a proven winner play it enjoy it once you get bored sell it and buy JP.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

What is the Stern Iron Maiden 2 abbreviation

IMDN

#9 4 years ago

I actually think IMDN and JP play similar. Not surprised same dev but I'm not sure I would want both in my collection (small to mid size - larger, no brainer both).

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I would get Maiden it's a proven winner play it enjoy it once you get bored sell it and buy JP.

easy choice

#11 4 years ago

Why not both? Seriously debating dumping my collection and doing just that...

#12 4 years ago

I think both is a great idea as the themes are so different, but if you had to pick just one...it is a tough choice. I was all set to get an IMDN (most likely Pro), but was blown away by the JP stream, and am not so sure anymore. Would probably make the most sense to try and find a HUO IMDN in the near term and then pick up a JP later after the kinks are worked out and the code matures.

#13 4 years ago

Both will be in my lineup. I see the designer similarities but this is not a copy cat design IMO.

#14 4 years ago

Downvoted for bad acronym, no punctuation, barely decipherable question, and just all-around dumbassery.

#15 4 years ago

Well, IMDN is the best pin I've personally played, so mine isn't going anywhere...

But thus far, I'm more mixed on getting JP or not, but I don't really see them directly overlapping beyond both having an upper right flipper. By all accounts JPs upper loop is a tight shot and is not going to really be repeat-loopable. They certainly seem to have completely different rulesets, though honestly I didn't get a good sense of the general mode rules from the stream this far, and JP is pre-launch code, so... I've gotta play JP and see if it clicks for me.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Yessss! Embrace the dark side...and sell me diner

#17 4 years ago

I think that IMDN is the choice for "now," but JP2 has the potential to surpass it. I guess we will have to wait and see.

#18 4 years ago

Both themes are just OK for me, (don't love them or hate them), so it really comes down to game play. I played a ton of IMDN at a recent show and really got into it. It is funny as I went to the show with the intention of playing and purchasing a Wonka, but something about it just didn't click for me even though I love the theme. Obviously have not played JP2 yet, but the shot variety, combos and game play from the reveal looked great. Can't wait to flip one.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Downvoted for bad acronym, no punctuation, barely decipherable question, and just all-around dumbassery.

Fail_forecast (resized).jpgFail_forecast (resized).jpg
    #20 4 years ago

Needs a poll. I vote JP

#21 4 years ago

I'd look for someone selling Iron Maiden at a discount to pickup Jurassic Park. Iron Maiden is great and Jurassic Park looks to be great, so my vote is to be an opportunistic buyer.

#22 4 years ago

Originally was looking at DP IMDN and MBr DP was ok but no IMDN and MBr is a dmd remake love the game but dmd is the past. Will get an IMDN and try and find a JP to see just how tight the shots are

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

images-1 (resized).jpegimages-1 (resized).jpeg
    #24 4 years ago

I think Elwin was channeling Lawlor and adding his own signature designs to it with JP. I think it's a great pin, sure it has no movie assets but that can hopefully be fixed. The game is similar to IMDN but it's a slightly better design. I'm not going to jump on NIB but it's definitely on my list in the secondary market, I can't say the same about IMDN. The animations and lightshow is probably Stern's best.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I think Elwin was channeling Lawlor and adding his own signature designs to it with JP. I think it's a great pin, sure it has no movie assets but that can hopefully be fixed. The game is similar to IMDN but it's a slightly better design. I'm not going to jump on NIB but it's definitely on my list in the secondary market, I can't say the same about IMDN. The animations and lightshow is probably Stern's best.

I have to say I like the shots of IMDN over JP but the toys of JP over IMDN

#26 4 years ago

I'd be dumping you collection too

#27 4 years ago

Let’s hear from everyone that has played JP2 to get a real opinion. Anyone? Bueller?

It’s a bit early to have JP2 against anything right now. Nobody has done anything other than seen a video on it so far.

#28 4 years ago

I'd go JP2. I love maiden but feel the artwork is too washed out on the pf. Also, something about it just feels cheap when you play it. Next to Stern Kiss on location near me and the artwork and feel of Kiss is on another level in my opinion. JP2 appears to look like a better effort with better toys and better animation.

#29 4 years ago

Why would you consider buying a game you haven't played or listen to the opinions of others who haven't played it?

What helpful information can you gain?

#30 4 years ago

Dude chill, wait until you play the damn thing.You remember how excited everyone was about the Munsters.You have a nice game collection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imlb-vs-jp?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.