(Topic ID: 273476)

IMDN pro or TMNT pro? Yes, another one of these threads..

By remf

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cooked71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“IMDN pro or TMNT pro? Yes, another one of these threads..”

• IMDN pro 50 votes
      63%
    • TMNT pro 29 votes
      37%

(79 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball 1 (resized).jpg
    4761AC9C-8CAC-4AD9-92DB-3DC33F7D7D4C (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I finally have a chance to get a new machine, but I can’t seem to decide which one to get. Not considering the theme, which one do you enjoy playing the most?

#2 3 years ago

I think I'm the only person on earth that doesn't love IMDN, I just can't ever get into it. We had one at our house for a few months and I never wanted to play it. I play our TMNT non-stop.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

I think I'm the only person on earth that doesn't love IMDN, I just can't ever get into it. We had one at our house for a few months and I never wanted to play it. I play our TMNT non-stop.

I feel the same way.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

Was it due to the way it looked or did the flow/play style not work for you?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from remf:

For me personally it was the clunky-ness of the loop shot. The pro players can just zip it around with ease but for me it just bricks a lot. Also the left ramp is hard to hit.

#6 3 years ago

IMDN not even close honestly. Have you considered JP or Deadpool? I think those are superior to both your options .

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from remf:

I finally have a chance to get a new machine, but I can’t seem to decide which one to get. Not considering the theme, which one do you enjoy playing the most?

So I just committed to my first NIB today after buying around a dozen other used games in my past. Also @hool10, I hope the TX project is working out. I used to LOVE doing business trips down there!

I'm going with TMNT Pro (and I still haven't played it), but you absolutely can't go wrong with IMDN. For me personally, IMDN is a "total package" Pro. I wouldn't add anything to the game as far as mods are concerned. To those that have the Prem/LE, hats off to them, especially if they love it. I've played 3 Pros and loved every moment on each. But I like precisely 1.5 Maiden songs that are in the game, so I get tired of the music (FFS I wish Wicker Man was in the game). I actually prefer playing IMDN on location so it's just the shots I have to worry about and the music gets drowned out. But the game shoots great, and the rules with the "breadth" instead of "depth" allows you to always have something lucrative to shoot for.

So, why am I instead opting for TMNT Pro NIB?

Simple. I have a kid, and we both love our respective eras of TMNT. If you look in the TMNT "hype" thread, I posted a pic where I have the OG 80's turtle figures in their packaging, even though it's the 2nd run of the originals. I'm making a floating shelf "topper" to go over the game with those figures, and am going to put some of my other "played" figures from my childhood (mostly Krang on his loop, and a Mouser) in the game. The theme is awesome, the code seems great at launch, the PF issues seem to be ironed out on the whole, the Pro is a solid Pro... but most importantly for my son and I, is the Coop play or the ability to play vs. as 1 turtle vs. 2 or 3. That's a major equalizer for us. We are going to love having the game's rules, and the rules even as 1-player give me the same breadth feeling that IMDN has. But we now can have those nights where we can try to destroy the game, or each other. There's a lot to go for outside of the main modes. Training, Foot 1-2-3, MB's, things to get to Cowabunga. It's a lot to work at and I'm so damn psyched to get it here.

#8 3 years ago

Yeah I voted for Iron Maiden. But if you have kids I might suggest turtles. Iron Maiden is more of an adult themed machine, where turtles is made for the family environment.

#9 3 years ago

Maiden now and then in 6 months a year, when ur done u sell it and grab a more complete version of TMNT.

#10 3 years ago

I voted Maiden but TMNT was great on my first impressions. I don't quite understand the rules of Turtles so I'm not sure if I might change my mind one way or the other.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

For me personally it was the clunky-ness of the loop shot. The pro players can just zip it around with ease but for me it just bricks a lot. Also the left ramp is hard to hit.

Sounds like it’s not the game but the player.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from remf:

I like ZYs art, the playing style just does not work for me. I'm a good, not great, player and I just felt like I was bricking so many shots. Even when I got dialed in and was hitting my shots nothing felt satisfying to me and it still felt clunky. My husband, on the other hand, loves it.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

I like ZYs art, the playing style just does not work for me. I'm a good, not great, player and I just felt like I was bricking so many shots. Even when I got dialed in and was hitting my shots nothing felt satisfying to me and it still felt clunky. My husband, on the other hand, loves it.

I find the little upper flipper really clunky.

#14 3 years ago

Have both and would go TMNT. Some people are skeptical on the theme, but the layout, lightshow and rules are amazing. This is Stern's best game in an extremely long time.

#15 3 years ago

That little upper flipper is great. Captive ball, loop, target, drops....a lot it can do .

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

This is Stern's best game in an extremely long time.

Wow. What defines "extremely long time" for you? People seemed to be on board that IMDN was a great game in a long time. Then JPark seemed to be the next benchmark.

Are you referring to these, or much older games? Like decades older.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Have both and would go TMNT. Some people are skeptical on the theme, but the layout, lightshow and rules are amazing. This is Stern's best game in an extremely long time.

No it isn't. They've had Iron Maiden, JP, DP, and Batman 66 come out recently. Those are all REALLY good games. JP came out.... less than year ago??

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

This is Stern's best game in an extremely long time.

Stern has had a lot of great games in the past couple couple of years. DP, SW, Maiden, JP, Elvira.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Sounds like it’s not the game but the player.

Well I did say that. It's sorta like Bowens tutorial of Theater of Magic, The Shadow or STTNG. Of course you can get a bazillion points if your Bowen and can do the Picard maneuver all day. Us mere mortals have to actually play the game though and can't loop it around that easily.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Stern's best game in an extremely long time.

What?
    Maiden
    JP2
    DP
    SW

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Wow. What defines "extremely long time" for you? People seemed to be on board that IMDN was a great game in a long time. Then JPark seemed to be the next benchmark.
    Are you referring to these, or much older games? Like decades older.

I love many recent Sterns and I have a IMDN myself. I just think this is the best game they've done since they switched to the pro/premium/LE model, which is when I got back into the hobby.

I can see it holding up next to the greats like LOTR and TSPP in years to come. The pro in particular, with the same lightshow as the premium/LE, makes it really impressive. Only time will tell but if I could keep just one modern Stern right now, it would be TMNT2.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

Only time will tell but if I could keep just one modern Stern right now, it would be TMNT2.

Bold call. Can’t wait to try it!

4761AC9C-8CAC-4AD9-92DB-3DC33F7D7D4C (resized).jpeg4761AC9C-8CAC-4AD9-92DB-3DC33F7D7D4C (resized).jpeg

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Maiden now and then in 6 months a year, when ur done u sell it and grab a more complete version of TMNT.

Thought about doing that as well, but I’m so damn indecisive I decided I’m just going to buy both.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
    Maiden
    JP2
    DP
    SW

Eehhhhhh. I'd say star wars doesn't belong on that list of greats.

#25 3 years ago

Good question, if you have to go pro I would choose TMNT it feels like a complete package. If you can afford an IM premium that's THE game!

pinball 1 (resized).jpgpinball 1 (resized).jpg
    #26 3 years ago

Iron maiden for sure.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Eehhhhhh. I'd say star wars doesn't belong on that list of greats.

Why?

#28 3 years ago

If it’s about Kids and co-op go Tmnt.

For everything else go IMDN.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imdn-pro-or-tmnt-pro-yes-another-one-of-these-threads?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.