You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pop sw (resized).png
pb (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys this is driving me nuts

Recently my left flipper, specifically I believe the upper left flipper activates the back left pop bumper. It only happens very 5-10 flips or so… any ideas? Thank you

#2 2 years ago

Adjust the pop switch

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Adjust the pop switch

I did, to the point where the ball wouldn’t even activate it. Still happens. Is there another adjustment?

#4 2 years ago

That is the only thing that should activate it. Did you bend the entire scoop switch or just the lower blade?

Easy test would be to put something between the two blades and see if it still activates during the game. If it doesn't then you need to fine tune the switch.

#5 2 years ago

Activate a game and grab the ball - now pound on the playfield and see what activates the pop - you have a switch somewhere that is set too fine - yes, probably the pop bumper switch itself but possibly something else.

To prove it, insert a piece of paper between the switch on the pop bumper - does it still activate now with the flipper? If so, you might have a node board issue but less likely than a simple pop bumper switch adjustment.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

That is the only thing that should activate it. Did you bend the entire scoop switch or just the lower blade?
Easy test would be to put something between the two blades and see if it still activates during the game. If it doesn't then you need to fine tune the switch.

What do you mean by scoop switch?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What do you mean by scoop switch?

The blade with the plastic cup the rod rests in from the pop bumper skirt.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

LTG : )

#8 2 years ago
pb (resized).pngpb (resized).png
#9 2 years ago

I dunno, I put a piece of paper and it still happens

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Check the lugs the wires are soldered to, if they aren't shorted. Then you have a switch matrix issue elsewhere.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Check the fiberboard spacers between the blades, be sure flux or metal shavings isn't shorting them.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks, do you think it could be related to a bad/dirty bulb socket? I’ve got a bulb flickering with the flipper around the loop orbit. Getting to it is a major pain in the a though

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

do you think it could be related to a bad/dirty bulb socket?

No. Two different circuits.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the fiberboard spacers between the blades, be sure flux or metal shavings isn't shorting them.

Hmm.. I’m not sure what these are?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hmm.. I’m not sure what these are?

Make sure the metal blades of the switch are not being shorted by any metal shavings or tiny stray wire ends.

pop sw (resized).pngpop sw (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imdn-left-flipper-activating-pop-sometimes- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.