• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC2845E3-142E-499F-B404-89E9D1B79D52 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hi ,I’m looking for some help .I had our IMDN prem down for a few months for a deep cleaning and powder coating .I went through some basic fixes on restart but I’m stuck with one remaining .All 4 flippers fire in coil test but in switch test ,only the uppers fire .The auto plunge will not fire in coil test .I was told these share a common ground .The shooting lane switch registers .I know basic electric ,but am just getting into teaching myself the Spike 2.I can solder pretty well now so I’m down for anything .I have been speaking with Eddie at Stern but I feel I was a little confusing last week so I’ve been reading and learning the lingo .He mentioned taking everything off node 8 and node 9 ,install 9 into 8s spot and change the dip sequence and see what happens .He mentioned not to use a node 8 from our other Stern GZ as do not need any more problems and I agree .Looking at node 9s nest I’m thinking about ordering a spare 8 rather than pull something loose as I have gorilla hands from decades of carpenter work but time is hard to find and I have some now .Just seeing if anyone had a similar issue before I decide what to do .Thanks for any help and I’ll have this thread open and respond promptly

2 weeks later
#2 1 year ago

If anyone can help .I lifted the pf on GZ and noticed when I unplugged the red circled CN the upper flipper would not work .When I unplugged the yellow CN the bottom flippers wouldn’t fire so went to IMDN and followed the wires from the yellow circle around and lands in node 8 which I just replaced with a new board .If I have the PF up in switch test and I manually pull the flipper arms it makes the “ding” noise so it registers that way .They fire in coil test .They just won’t fire with the buttons in switch test .Please , any help will be much appreciated .

CC2845E3-142E-499F-B404-89E9D1B79D52 (resized).jpegCC2845E3-142E-499F-B404-89E9D1B79D52 (resized).jpeg
#3 1 year ago

Have you done continuity tests with a multimeter? checking end-to-end of each wire on each side of every molex connector. Especially with new board, it generally points to a bad connector end, or a wire got damaged in the run

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Have you done continuity tests with a multimeter? checking end-to-end of each wire on each side of every molex connector. Especially with new board, it generally points to a bad connector end, or a wire got damaged in the run

Thank you for reaching out .I was just going over this with a guy in my league he said the same .I just put the old board back in but noticed something .When I was disconnecting /re connecting CN 9 on node 8 all the flippers would fire and chime in switch test but when it was pushed all the way in and clicked , 3 of the flippers would stand erect .My meter wasn’t long enough I’ll have to jump them tomorrow and check it .Thing is when it was fully in I would shake each wire but nothing would happen but I’ll start with that and let you know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imdn-auto-plunge-bottom-flippers-not-firing- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.