(Topic ID: 207868)

I'm wicked happy with my lineup but.......

By Strummy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

So I just surpassed my largest lineup of 4 and made it 5 and the wife really didn't give me shit. I can't believe it. Even though I like all five of my games and enjoy playing all of them I still feel the urge to trade one off. Crazy huh?

#2 6 years ago

OR you could keep adding games to the lineup until your wife notices that there’s way more games than she remembers you ever having. Gotta find that wife threshold!

#4 6 years ago

I have 7 and 2 at a friends and feel the same way :-p

#5 6 years ago

Yes well this is because you want to trade me (also from CT) your Twilight Zone!

#6 6 years ago

I have 5 games as well, but, I also have a want list that's 10 times that. You gotta have goals!

#7 6 years ago

I’m down to 4 pins and I’ve got room for a few more. THe problem is the money, this is a very expensive addiction.

#8 6 years ago

Oh man I remember when 5 was my limit. I just made room for my tenth, ug. As long as they stay in the basement my better half is cool with it. Definitely plan on narrowing it down over the next few years but having too much fun in the meantime

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I just made room for my tenth, ug. As long as they stay in the basement my better half is cool with it. Definitely plan on narrowing it down over the next few years but having too much fun in the meantime

Wait til ya cant pay your bills and then realize you have $80k in the basement! This happened to me last year! Down from 17 to 4! 10lbs lighter 10yrs younger!

#10 6 years ago

I’m starting to go with the quality over quantity idea now. I’ve got room for 30+ pins but I’m the main player of them at home. For me, 6 great players with one pin in restoration is looking like the best solution. Otherwise too much crap to fix and upkeep to deal with... Now which pins to get rid of and what to pick up for the best lineup???

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Yes well this is because you want to trade me (also from CT) your Twilight Zone!

It's not on the block but what do you have to put up?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

So I just surpassed my largest lineup of 4 and made it 5 and the wife really didn't give me shit. I can't believe it. Even though I like all five of my games and enjoy playing all of them I still feel the urge to trade one off. Crazy huh?

What pinball are wanting to trade/sell off ? Thanks

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

What pinball are wanting to trade/sell off ? Thanks

None really. That's the problem. I hate shipping anyway and I'll bet you're not up for the ride

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

None really. That's the problem. I hate shipping anyway and I'll bet you're not up for the ride

Hell no I do not ship pinball machines ever . If I can't see it or play it I do not buy it . I like your collection and value peoples opinions on machines . That is where my quarry was directed . Peace

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Hell no I do not ship pinball machines ever . If I can't see it or play it I do not buy it . I like your collection and value peoples opinions on machines . That is where my quarry was directed . Peace

Thanks man. That's the point of my thread. I love my collection but always have an urge to trade one off for something else. I've thought about trading TZ a bunch of times. But then I play it and say hell no

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I was sure I'd be happy w just one...now have 11, and plotting for 2 more......many threads explaining the addictive nature of this hobby

Came within one click of listing a couple of my games a few months back...but then played them "one more time" and came to my senses...just can't do it.

Wish there was advise to give, but sounds like your a pinhead....congrats!!!

#17 6 years ago

The question I have is, does the wife play the games?

#18 6 years ago

Maybe you would trade the DI for a beautiful IJ?

#19 6 years ago

I'm happy with my lineup too, but a new one is coming in next week and an old one is leaving. Got to keep it fresh....

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Wait til ya cant pay your bills and then realize you have $80k in the basement! This happened to me last year! Down from 17 to 4! 10lbs lighter 10yrs younger!

Sorry to hear man! They’d definitely be the first to go. Glad you were able to hang on to your favorites

#21 6 years ago

4 in the house and 4 in the garage. Fortunately I’m at a point where if more were to follow me home I would know exactly which would go to make room in the house.

They are all fun and I love em all but I have a few dream games that room would be made for.

#22 6 years ago

I am only limited by imagination on how many games I want. 40 games, though I had to loan out 5 because I can't house them all in my 2100 sq ft house and I refuse to get off site storage. Granted 17 of this games are projects I need to get moving on.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am only limited by imagination on how many games I want. 40 games, though I had to loan out 5 because I can't house them all in my 2100 sq ft house and I refuse to get off site storage.

#24 6 years ago

The question I have is, does the wife play the games?

Nope

I am only limited by imagination on how many games I want. 40 games, though I had to loan out 5 because I can't house them all in my 2100 sq ft house and I refuse to get off site storage. Granted 17 of this games are projects I need to get moving on.

Can we see some pictures?

#25 6 years ago

Damn. Sorry to hear the wife doesn't play the games. She maybe saving the anger of the 5th game for a special day.

Sure you want to see pictures? Don't want to give you ideas that would get you in trouble. haha

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Glad you were able to hang on to your favorites

You know one of the nicest things about a small collection? You can see the cabinets! So if you have a small collection get (or keep) the machines with the best artwork!

#27 6 years ago

That is a damn good line up. I’d sell tspp if you had to sell one.

#28 6 years ago

Happy to buy your pinbot or maybe Ac/dc if you decide to move them. I’m local enough to pick up!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-wicked-happy-with-my-lineup-but and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.