• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jar Jar.png
imposter.jpg
IM v.s Magneto.jpg
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

I have the opportunity to purchase a HUO Mint Ironman delivered with the below:
Mods/features include:
* Shaker motor
* Tournament button/kit
* External subwoofer converter/jack
* Animated LED backbox w/ remote
* Various non-ghosting LEDs in inserts and GI
* Arc reactor LEDs in chest of Monger, Whiplash, and War Machine

Is $6800 waaaay to much?

#2 9 years ago

With shipping included in that price it seems about right. Stock IM seems to go for $5500. Awesome pin! Very addictive. Would be very hard to let mine go.

If you don't jump on it hit up BR he has been after one for a while. There not easy to find.

#3 9 years ago

I wouldn't pay it, but I wouldn't pay $4500 for IM either. Not enough game there for the money. Rules are very shallow.

#4 9 years ago

Expensive for what it is, but that's not far off the going price.

#5 9 years ago

Is this one of the titles that will continue to increase because of its rarity?

#6 9 years ago

I agree a stock HUO IM is about 5500, with all the extras and shipping I would say that is about right. That is a hot game right now and prices seem steady. I believe there were only 1100 ever made and many most likely went over seas. I agree it is shallow game but so fun and bad ass! The game is rather short, fast, and difficult which makes you want to keep trying again. Good luck with whatever you do

#7 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure that this is the IM that I sold to a very nice gentleman in Florida not too long ago. I bought it NIB. Super nice. My wife and I miss it. I hope everything is okay with the owner. I know he was really excited to get this title.

#8 9 years ago

Seems like way too much for the game. There's one on location near me, and I can't get into it.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I wouldn't pay it, but I wouldn't pay $4500 for IM either. Not enough game there for the money. Rules are very shallow.

Wait, what? Neo thinks a game is over priced? No way!

#10 9 years ago

Just a question, as I like the theme of IM quite a bit, but this is 50% more than a NIB Met pro, just asking...?

I know avilibility and whatnot, but Met seems to get much love as well, but is still being made which gives it a discount.

#11 9 years ago

Worth every cent, this game is one of the best ever.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Worth every cent, this game is one of the best ever.

A month ago I would of laughed at this comment ^ but now after putting some time in on IM I am a believer.. I can't explain it but I can sit there on IM and hit start over and over again like no game I've ever played.

#13 9 years ago

Little high but hard to find title. I enjoy this title but have not seen one for sale locally.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Mods/features include:
* Shaker motor
* Tournament button/kit
Is $6800 waaaay to much?

I think it is a bit high. The only ones I've see go for that amount also include the red armor kit, a full speaker upgrade set, and maybe another mod or two on top (shooter rod, speaker lighting, etc).

#15 9 years ago

The same feeling you get from paying TOM?

#16 9 years ago

Too much

#17 9 years ago

Tough game to find for sale at all. This one sounds really nice. If you want an Iron Man and can afford it, go for it. I can't remember the last time I've seen one for less than 5k and that was routed. Are you overpaying by a couple hundred? Probably, who cares.

#18 9 years ago

It's not a steal by an means, but on lower production games like this sometimes you have to pay a little more to get one. It took me nearly a year to track one down and I am glad I pulled the trigger because I haven't seen many for sale since. I probably paid a little more then market price at the time but it was worth it just for the fact I didn't have to waste anymore time hoping to find one. You could always sell some of the mods it comes with to recoup some of funds and decrease the overall price you pay.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm in same boat but mainly because superhero pins do nothing for me. If I had $6800 to drop there is no doubt the choice would be a NIB Luci or HUO MOPLE

#20 9 years ago

It is big at tournaments and with collectors that host leagues. This may be one of the many reasons why it is on so many serious collectors want lists. It simply challenges the top players around the world. Great theme also.

#21 9 years ago

So the question should be clarified into one of these two:
Is that price above the going rate for the game?
Is the game worth that price?

As a former owner...well, it's not far off the mark for that game.
Is it worth it? Only you can determine that...but it's a lot of cash to pay for a game that you can't spend any time on beforehand.

#22 9 years ago

Love mine, I don't know that I'd pay that much for one, but at the same time, I probably wouldn't let mine go for that either...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Is this one of the titles that will continue to increase because of its rarity?

A lot of people are looking for this title right now. Some who owned it once and let it go. Maybe realizing that they liked it better than some of the more recent offerings. With only 1000 out there, and the demand high, don't bet on the price going down anytime soon.

Quoted from mtdouble:

The same feeling you get from paying TOM?

I don't know how to compare those two because my ToM went away to make room for a Shadow, and I don't really miss it.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

+1

I like the game, but find anything over 4k silly. Oh well.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait, what? Neo thinks a game is over priced? No way!

But if he owned it he would want 6K+ for it.

#26 9 years ago

I've actually dealt with a few nice condition routed ones for around 5k so adjust from there.

#27 9 years ago

I posted some technical issues with my Iron Man and got no response and see this new thread and this is where everyone is hanging out. Can someone go read my post on the Iron Man thread and throw me a frickin bone

#28 9 years ago

I was offered 7k for my huo heavily modded IM and I still couldn't part with it. The gameplay is just that good IMHO.

#29 9 years ago

Really depends on how much of a ironman you are!

#30 9 years ago

IM is a fun game but I traded mine towards a METLE about two months ago and haven't looked back.

Good luck!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

IM is a fun game but I traded mine towards a METLE about two months ago and haven't looked back.
Good luck!

Wise choice IMO.

#32 9 years ago

IM is the game that is played most in my house and i have AC/DC perm, METLE, and others. IM is an extremely great game.

#33 9 years ago

I am also a big IM fan, and far prefer it over most Sterns
The penalty for losing a "good ball" is just a heartbreaker.

Fast, tough, great action, no obstructed view by ramps - just a winner all around.
That's my kind of game.

$6,800 is high, but this title has been seen for sale the least among all the Sterns from the last 5 years, and is never for sale "Cheap".
That's gotta tell you something.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Mods/features include:
* Shaker motor
* Tournament button/kit
Is $6800 waaaay to much?

High price, but the pin will hold its value.
There are too many who want one, and too few out there. Far too few.

#35 9 years ago

Congrats to the seller. Hes making a lot on the pin. Its crazy overpriced. Those mods dont justify the price at all. You must want it really bad. Buy it if you got the extra cash and enjoy it.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Congrats to the seller. Hes making a lot on the pin. Its crazy overpriced. Those mods dont justify the price at all. You must want it really bad. Buy it if you got the extra cash and enjoy it.

"He is making alot on the pin" <-- how do you know?
"It's crazy overpriced" <--- just like anything it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Supply and demand - low supply with high demand = higher price.

#37 9 years ago

I just bought a mint IM for 6k along with an equally mint sm. Its too much if you don't want one and priced right if you really want one. Ps... No mods but w/ a shaker motor.

#38 9 years ago

I honestly sorta wish that IM wasn't still my number one go to pin after years of ownership... it would be nice to cash out and get another game. However it fits my definition of KEEPER so far... thousands of plays in.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

I sold this pin to the seller. I know for certain he's not making much, if anything at all.

#40 9 years ago

I challenge anyone to an Iron Man fan battle. I kick myself so hard for not being aware back in 2010 and picking one up then. Damn damn damn. Love my IM. It'll never leave and I'll pass it on after I'm gone on the stipulation it never gets sold.

#41 9 years ago

I wonder if anyone has sent their IM to HEP for a full restore?

#42 9 years ago

I love the music the deeper you get into the game. The market determines it's value, so worth is what you are willing to pay. Another game I wouldnt sell cheap. There is one to play in NYC at Pioneers near Penn Station. Great pin!
P

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wonder if anyone has sent their IM to HEP for a full restore?

I remember Chris did up a nice IM that was NIB & brought it to HEP standards. Not sure anyone has sent in a used IM to him.

#45 9 years ago

Everything is relative, i guess. A $6800 IM seems like a deal compared to a blown out monster bash for $8K.

I bet there are 10 pinsiders reading this thread right now drooling over the opportunity to buy if you pass.

#46 9 years ago

$300-$500 overpriced IMO.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

There is one to play in NYC at Pioneers near Penn Station. Great pin!

How much do you want for it Al?

#48 9 years ago

Someone sent a nib IM to HEP for a restore, it's that good!

Love me some IM, got hooked playing a friend's and the search was on. Lucked out when another friend sold me his that he bough nib

Regarding your price, sounds a little high but I know some that have sold in that range.

#49 9 years ago

It might be a few hundred too high, but I wouldn't call it "WAY overpriced" with the shipping included.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It might be a few hundred too high, but I wouldn't call it "WAY overpriced" with the shipping included.

Seems spot on when you consider the shipping costs.

Marcus

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-way-too-expensive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.