Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

good job.gif
    giphy.gif
    tenor.gif
    4Dah.gif
    A6348778-2AA2-4608-BBB9-C3DF2B223B1B.gif
    timeforfred (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I was in the market for a new pin and was considering Jurassic Park. But now that I see what Deeproot has in store for Retro Atomic Zombie Adventure Land, I’m impressed.

I plan on waiting until next year before I see what they launch and let my money accrue interest in the meantime. Anyone else feeling the same?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone else feeling the same?

For sure. There must be tons of us in this position. Can't wait to see more.

#3 4 years ago

Def wouldn't be buying a Deeproot game until they've been released for a long time.

#4 4 years ago

Definitely not, Stern will release two or more games by then, probably a Spooky, CGC, and hopefully a Jersey Jack by then. I’m sure the second Deep Root game will be hyped to be better than RAZA. Live in the moment! You could get hit by a car next week, this is supposed to be a funny hobby. I’m married to my wife , these games come and go like a breeze. If you have the money and physicality to try as many games as you can do so!

#5 4 years ago

I'm feeling I'll wait to see if they release something that appeals to me. Not holding my breath on that though.

#6 4 years ago

If I were you, I’d buy a Jurassic Park now. Play it, have fun. Then sell when Deeproot actually ships some games. You won’t lose much on the JP and you’ll have fun with a new game.

#7 4 years ago

I don't see how denying yourself potentially 6 months of pleasure based off a "what if" makes any sense whatsoever.
    You clearly want a JP so buy it and if something from DR tickles your fancy down the road then sell it and buy a DR title.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I don't see how denying yourself potentially 6 months of pleasure based off a "what if"...

Even worse, a "Deep Root what if..."

#9 4 years ago

I really do not understand why people torture themselves. I understand why it's possible and even lucrative but I will never understand why people CHOOSE it.

Just wait until a game is out for a year and buy a used one. There is zero advantage to preordering anything. You are almost guaranteed to lose money when you resell. All limited released are always available for sale. If you want to play one, just make friends or play one on location. There are sure to be a few of these on location around you the week they are released

There ARE a few exceptions to this standard but if you keep bouncing ideas off yourself wondering what adult toy you should spent thousands on, before it's even available to play, you are just torturing yourself on purpose.

Theme means nothing if the game is shit.
    Theme means nothing if the customer is not supported.
    Theme means nothing if the system is not updated with fixes and improvements.

Promises mean nothing... EVER. If the game never comes out, why they hell does it even matter?

#10 4 years ago

Absolutely not. Enjoy pinball now

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I plan on waiting until next year before I see what they launch and let my money accrue interest in the meantime. Anyone else feeling the same?

R u for real? After all the bullshit from new pin companies u would actually wait and buy right away? Get something and when this Deeproot thing happens and is proven to be reliable then maybe make a move.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Definitely not, Stern will release two or more games by then, probably a Spooky, CGC, and hopefully a Jersey Jack by then. I’m sure the second Deep Root game will be hyped to be better than RAZA. Live in the moment! You could get hit by a car next week, this is supposed to be a funny hobby. I’m married to my wife , these games come and go like a breeze. If you have the money and physicality to try as many games as you can do so!

I live in NYC, so the rare commodity for me is space for pins. I also live close to hundreds of pins that I can play on location, so I have no need to rush.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

R u for real? After all the bullshit from new pin companies u would actually wait and buy right away?

Definitely not. I will wait to see what they launch. If I like it, and it seems reliable, I might buy. If not, I’ll have a look at what other pins came out in the meantime, or buy a JP then.

#14 4 years ago

I'm definitely waiting for...

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm definitely waiting for...[quoted image]

timeforfred (resized).jpgtimeforfred (resized).jpg
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

"It works for me"

#17 4 years ago

Lots of talk from Deeproot right now, the prototype does look good, but I'll just wait and see. Sure would be nice to have some value priced, fun, challenging and reliable new pins!

#18 4 years ago

Not for me. Their bragging turned me off.

I do hope they start rolling out great games for people to enjoy. The pictures look amazing.

LTG : )

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do hope they start rolling out great games for people to enjoy. The pictures look amazing.

Same here.

Still only pictures. I wonder if anyone has seen an actual game yet?

#20 4 years ago

Oooh shiny JPop toy!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m waiting for Deeproot.

I wonder...maybe Deeproot = Godot?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Same here.

Still only pictures. I wonder if anyone has seen an actual game yet?

Perhaps the person that took the pictures saw it.

#23 4 years ago

If this comes with a piece of couch I'm in, full price deposit without ever playing it.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yep. All hype and no teeth. I dont see any innovation in this new game other than a larger display (which isnt really innovation).

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Yep. All hype and no teeth. I dont see any innovation in this new game other than a larger display (which isnt really innovation).

That's because a lot of it supposedly involves servicing the machine. PF that hangs on an arm, etc. It may not matter to many people but it IS different and would probably be considered an "innovation". At least that's the spin on it.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the person that took the pictures saw it.

Do you think they are real pictures or computer generated graphics?

#27 4 years ago

Some appear to be computer rendered, imo.

#28 4 years ago

That’s it?!
    No interesting artwork or cross dressing ringmaster?!

I’m waiting for the next one.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some appear to be computer rendered, imo.

Looking more and more like this whole reveal is a sham? Some CGI illusion? Weren't they supposed to have at least a few boxes of lights on diplay somewhere?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

just make friends or play one on location.

How dare you sir. I got into pinball so I don't have to make friends!!!!

Just joking. I've made a few friends since playing pinball and meet a lot of people and chatted with people as well. I met Fred from Papa Pinball at the recent Expo in Wheeling.
    As for location... Only a few locations around me that really have pinball and those are about a 40-60 minute drive. And I generally drive once a month to go to one of those locations. Because, well... It is a hell of a lot cheaper to play a pin on location than to ever buy one.

So I do agree with that point. But, you are limited to what you have available. Since galloping ghost has an AFM and I go there about once a month... I really don't think I'll be buying one soon. Stinks, cos I love that game. But, makes no sense to drop the coin on that, while I can get a game that no one else has near me.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I wonder...maybe Deeproot = Godot?

This may have gone over most people's heads

#32 4 years ago

well as old saying goes.... a bird in hand is better than 2 in a bush.

i wouldnt buy anything until its finished. a lot of people lost a lot of money on promises. play what u have. jp is a very fun game. there will be more games every year.

#33 4 years ago

If you’re middle-aged, you’ve got around 25 years left. You’ll wait a year for DEEPROOT?! That’s giving up around 4% of the time you’ve got left! F that.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

this is supposed to be a funny hobby. I’m married to my wife.

Well you’re not married to mine!

A6348778-2AA2-4608-BBB9-C3DF2B223B1B.gifA6348778-2AA2-4608-BBB9-C3DF2B223B1B.gif
    #35 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Looking more and more like this whole reveal is a sham? Some CGI illusion? Weren't they supposed to have at least a few boxes of lights on diplay somewhere?

I'm no JFlop fan with his attitude but you can clearly see the 3D printer grain on the "Atomic" sign, etc. Plus it's supposed to be shown soon anyways.

Hey it's not an "old man theme" (I guess) so why are you so aggrieved?

#36 4 years ago

I am waiting as well, but not because I want to. Stern is hitting nothing but home runs in my mind with Deadpool and Jurassic Park........the problem is, these playfield issues have caused me to stop buying NIB and even many HUO. Super excited to see what deep root has in store, but somehow I am thinking they will let us all down.......let’s face it, they are not off to a good start.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Hey it's not an "old man theme" (I guess) so why are you so aggrieved?

It's got a lot of purple and green type neon going on, not really my thing, so I think I'll just wait for Sledge Hammer!

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

If you’re middle-aged, you’ve got around 25 years left. You’ll wait a year for DEEPROOT?! That’s giving up around 4% of the time you’ve got left! F that.

Wow!!!! I didn't think people besides me really thought like that. I'm 35 and I told my best friend something very similar and he's like, is it always figures and dates with you. I'm like yeah... If I'm lucky I can buy one pinball machine each year(one NIB) and I'll be able to have about 30-40 when I get forced into a retirement home.

#39 4 years ago

I walked through set up of the Arcade Expo and did not see any DeepRoot games. There is a post on the Arcade Expo thread with a picture. I’ll have to wait like everyone else until tomorrow.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You don’t know Jack.

#41 4 years ago

Waiting seems like a solid plan to me. Not everyone can buy every release without concerns for taking a big hit when you sell it. The size of that hit is going to increase as more and more games come online. If you can buy a game and sell it in 6 months without these concerns, you are very lucky and should be thankful to be in that position, but most are just not.

#42 4 years ago

Im not seeing what some of you are so excited about. All we have is a company that has made nothing but brass, outlandish claims and delivered on none of them. The playfield looks ok on the first release, nothing very exciting though, the cab art and back glass are laughable at best. You guys gushing over this game would crucify stern if they revealed something that looks like that. We dont know a price, release date, if it even plays, or if deeproot can even manufacture games. Why are pinball people so blindly excited by anything new?

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Why are pinball people so blindly excited by anything new?

I've gone over this before.

Deep Root has been paying attention. They know how irrational and hopeful a large portion of potential NIB buyers are, so all of their hype has been geared to appeal to least emotionally balanced and most unrealistic among us - those who wake up every morning praying for their "Jesus Pin." Indestructible playfields! 200 new innovations! Literal smoke, mirrors, and lightning!! 15 new titles!!! 10-year warranties!!! $3000 price tags!!!

The people they've most deeply and emotionally connected to with this pitch are also those who are least emotionally equipped to handle the inevitable disappointment that comes with all pinball reveals.

So how is that going to play out?

This game - like any other brand newly partially revealed game - looks like it could be a fun pinball machine. But the world is already full of companies who provide that to buyers. Will that be enough to satisfy the people who are most vulnerable to their pitch? Will it be good enough for people like the OP if Deep Root is just throwing in with the Sterns, the JJPs, and the spookys of the world - you know, companies who just make ordinary old pinball machines, not world-altering, spiritually transformative experiences that rival anything the prospective buyers have ever known in their lives?

I doubt it. but there's zero doubt that the pitch will ALWAYS work to generate excitement in pinball, where people always lust for the unicorn pinball machine which will never be built.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Absolutely not. Enjoy pinball now

4Dah.gif4Dah.gif
    #45 4 years ago

Waiting for something that may never happen? Seems foolish. Life is short, enjoy now.

#46 4 years ago

Deeproot has shown their cards. Run by a pompous, arrogant tale-telling blowhard. Hiring one of the most delusional & dishonest men of the pinball world.

Why would you wait for them to do anything? They’re horrible human beings. I wouldn’t even put a quarter in one on location. They are not deserving of our interest or money.

Buy a pinball machine from an actual real company that makes pinball machines.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Deeproot has shown their cards. Run by a pompous, arrogant tale-telling blowhard. Hiring one of the most delusional & dishonest men of the pinball world.
    Why would you wait for them to do anything? They’re horrible human beings. I wouldn’t even put a quarter in one on location. They are not deserving of our interest or money.
    Buy a pinball machine from an actual real company that makes pinball machines.

Sure, I may do so (buy from Stern). But I'll still wait just to see. No rush to do anything.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Sure, I may do so (buy from Stern). But I'll still wait just to see. No rush to do anything.

So why rush to declare you are waiting for deep root? What's the point?

#49 4 years ago

Stern quality is suffering. Just saw a nib black knight chipping with only a few plays.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern quality is suffering. Just saw a nib black knight chipping with only a few plays.

While that is true, there is no way to verify that Derproot can manufacture at all, let alone manufacture with quality.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-waiting-for-deeproot?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.