Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

good job.gif
    giphy.gif
    tenor.gif
    4Dah.gif
    A6348778-2AA2-4608-BBB9-C3DF2B223B1B.gif
    timeforfred (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So why rush to declare you are waiting for deep root? What's the point?

The game looks like it has potential. I posted to see who else was waiting too. It looks like some people are, others aren’t.

#52 4 years ago

It's good that we finally see some substance, but I don't think there's anything to suggest that RAZA will be some kind of watershed moment. Rather the opposite, if what we see now is roughly indicative of the finished product.

It's going to be far more interesting to see what Nordman, Oursler and Norris have been working on, hopefully with similarly large budgets to JPop.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Deeproot has shown their cards. Run by a pompous, arrogant tale-telling blowhard. Hiring one of the most delusional & dishonest men of the pinball world.
    Why would you wait for them to do anything? They’re horrible human beings. I wouldn’t even put a quarter in one on location. They are not deserving of our interest or money.
    Buy a pinball machine from an actual real company that makes pinball machines.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#54 4 years ago

I aint buying another nib until companies fix their quality control issues. These machines cost too much money to be having these types of issues.

#55 4 years ago

I did have money on the side waiting for a number of new pins. I got tired of waiting and bought an MBr. However, now that I got a peak on RAZA I am very interested so I need to start saving up again. I was not interested and now I am.

#56 4 years ago

Cheers to all those patiently waiting by the pinball gloryhole for the Deeproot to appear. Please keep us informed.

#57 4 years ago

I'm waiting til marriage

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Cheers to all those patiently waiting by the pinball gloryhole for the Deeproot to appear. Please keep us informed.

tenor.giftenor.gif
    #59 4 years ago

Guffman should be here any minute now...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #60 4 years ago

For you foreigner fans...

So long, I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too long
    Buying Stern games was such a grind, but now it's only a matter of time

When you buy a game, when you buy a game
    It must feel right, so warm and true, I need to know if Pinside will wait too
    Maybe I'm wrong, won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong?
    This heart of mine has been hurt before, this time I want to be sure

I've been waiting for a RAZA like you to come into my life
    I've been waiting for a RAZA like you, Jpop's career will survive
    I've been waiting for epic innovation to make me feel so alive
    Yeah, waiting for a tiny roto target to come into my life

You're so good, so innovative it's understood
    I can't wait to humble Stern and say
    Only in dreams could $4 grand be the price to pay

When you want something, yeah, really want something
    Now, I know it'll be right, from the moment I wake up till deep in the night
    There's nowhere on earth that I'd rather be than nudging you tenderly

(man! Hardly had to change a word to this one!)

#61 4 years ago

Don't wait. Buy what you want and enjoy it now.

#62 4 years ago

Wow,how many times have we seen this shit?

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lol. Man when some thread triggers you... you go all out. Good for you! Keep 'em coming!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow,how many times have we seen this shit?

Enough that I actually went out and took in a real quality movie last night.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Enough that I actually went out and took in a real quality movie last night.

Dr Sleep?

#66 4 years ago

No, but after I got home from Ford Vs Ferrari, it was quantum sleep.

#67 4 years ago

If your waiting for pound town! Save that money! You are waiting and hoping for the ultimate deep root! You are going to get it!

#68 4 years ago

With the playfield issues Jersey Jack and Stern are having I'm sitting it out until that problem gets resolved. I really like JP but I'm not spending almost $8k on a NIB Premium to have the damn thing bubbling, chipping and peeling out of the box....sorry. Consumers deserve a better quality playfield than what has been produced recently. I think Deeproot will produce some really fun pinball machines. RAZA looks cool but we need to wait for a finished design to fully evaluate it. I expect them to bring NIB pins out somewhere in the $6500-7000 range. I'm also interested to see Scott Danesi's 2nd title as TNA was a great machine. Also I'd like to see what Bryan Eddy has been up to at Stern too plus I'm interested in a new Godzilla pin. As for Jersey Jack....Guns n Roses & Toy Story has no appeal to me. I like the creative new title with no license and I also think it helps to keep cost down. Heck some of the best pinball machines from the 90's had no license. Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Cactus Canyon, Whitewater......many more.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

As for Jersey Jack....Guns n Roses & Toy Story has no appeal to me. I like the creative new title with no license and I also think it helps to keep cost down. Heck some of the best pinball machines from the 90's had no license. Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, Cactus Canyon, Whitewater......many more.

Factories weren’t dependent on home sales in the 90s. 2019 customers won’t spend $10k on something they don’t already love. Stern & JJP survive on people buying games they haven’t seen or played.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Factories weren’t dependent on home sales in the 90s. 2019 customers won’t spend $10k on something they don’t already love. Stern & JJP survive on people buying games they haven’t seen or played.

So true, bring on Toy Story
    Fun for the whole family!

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

If I were you, I’d buy a Jurassic Park now. Play it, have fun. Then sell when Deeproot actually ships some games. You won’t lose much on the JP and you’ll have fun with a new game.

What he says but with a used fame, then you loose about nothing.

Edit: Fame??? What the heck did auto correct do there? XD
    "machine" it is.

#72 4 years ago

I'm waiting for Godot

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I aint buying another nib until companies fix their quality control issues. These machines cost too much money to be having these types of issues.

Completely agree. The last addition was a HEP title as that ensures the game is pretty much perfect. You're paying for a new game and as such, should receive a new game free of defects.

#74 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the 3rd release from AP.

After that, if my distributor stocks deeproot games, and has them in stock, and tells me good things about the company and their products I would be in the market for a deeproot.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

I'm waiting for GodotBUT,Godot never shows

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

I really don't think I'll be buying one soon. Stinks, cos I love that game. But, makes no sense to drop the coin on that, while I can get a game that no one else has near me.

There is a huge difference between test driving games once they are out to better understand what you want to buy, and clamoring over an unreleased game, even considering setting money aside for it, that may not be great or ever get released.

I hope they make amazing machines that are fun to play. But the only money I would put towards one before owing it is with a coin drop on location.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

There is a huge difference between test driving games once they are out to better understand what you want to buy, and clamoring over an unreleased game, even considering setting money aside for it, that may not be great or ever get released.
    I hope they make amazing machines that are fun to play. But the only money I would put towards one before owing it is with a coin drop on location.

I agree. Like most people I would prefer to always play a game before I buy it. But, with the stupid and forced/fake scarcity of the LE models. You don't always get that chance. I think they do it that way to guarantee that they make money on the run. This way. They know how many they will sell no matter what and they can budget accordingly.
    Raza looks pretty cool. The cab art is crap, but its not finalized. I'm all for more quality pins being made(provided they are quality). As I do think that could help Stern stay competitive and also maybe keep their prices a bit more fixed. I think with JJP that gave Stern some leeway to raise prices, not keep them lower. So if this company comes in and wants to deliver games on the 5-7.5k tier. I'd be open to that.

I personally rather have more backglass and less LCD. So I like the dmd for Deeproot. It's all you need. With that being said I love the video for Elivra's House of Horrors. So cool.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

But, with the stupid and forced/fake scarcity of the LE models. You don't always get that chance.

Not true. You ALWAYS get that chance. Might have to pay more, but you always have the option to experience the game you want before you buy it.

#79 4 years ago

I wouldn’t buy a nib deep root game if you paid me. They have zero history of reliability and consistency.
    ‘Yeah but they’re a new company’.
    Yeah I don’t give a shit. They took on Jpop who is a total dooshbag.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not true. You ALWAYS get that chance. Might have to pay more, but you always have the option to experience the game you want before you buy it.

I don't like the hassle that comes from buying 2nd hand. True I've bought 4 of my 7 pinballs 2nd hand. But, I kind of like having a distributor come drop my machine off and set it up for me.

So, I don't really like to risk not being able to get the machine I want and risk it not being available. Certain LE's do sell out really quick. I remember waiting just a few days for a Monster Bash LE and how much of a pain it was to find one available, and their are over 1k of those. So I really didn't want to risk it with Elvira. I got mine ordered right away.

Funny thing. At the Wheeling Expo there were a ton of them. But, those were the hardest machines to get on. And so I think I only played one game on an Elvira that whole weekend. But, I already had mine setup at my home, so it wasn't a big deal. Still I like to see how other machines play besides my own.

I don't know how many NIB I will be buying from now on. As really Iron Maiden and Elvira I think are the last of the dream themes for me. I do want a Ghostbusters, but that'll have to be used. That is unless someone makes a Hardbody II... In that cause I'd buy the SLE!!!!!!!

7 months later
    #81 3 years ago

Update.... I'm no longer waiting for Deeproot. Too much time has passed.

#82 3 years ago

Good call I gave up last week!

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I forgot how good this was

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I forgot how good this was

Modesty is a grace

2 months later
    #85 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Modesty is a grace

Any news?

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I was in the market for a new pin .... now that I see what Deeproot has in store for Retro Atomic Zombie Adventure Land... I plan on waiting ... Anyone else feeling the same?

Time for you to stop waiting and buy a pinball that is currently available.

#88 3 years ago

Deeproot is a money laundering operation. No pins will ever be available.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO!
    Dude, it's time to move on.

Nah. I’m good.

#90 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm buying me a BKSoR.

10 months later
    #91 2 years ago

Is the Deeproot dream still alive?

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Is the Deeproot dream still alive?

You tell us, you're the only one that's been waiting.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

buy a pinball that is currently available.

This is pretty much the best advice ever

#94 2 years ago

This thread seems as dumb today As the day it was unleashed.

So in a way, at least you could say it’s aging better than most other deep root stuff!

3 weeks later
    #95 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread seems as dumb today As the day it was unleashed.
    So in a way, at least you could say it’s aging better than most other deep root stuff!

good job.gifgood job.gif
    There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-waiting-for-deeproot/page/2?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.