Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
#1 12 years ago

I did my first repair on my TSPP all by myself. One of the lights fell out of its place under the bumper, so I took off the plastic and placed the light back in and screwed the plastic back on. The light still works. Although it was a minor repair, I'm very happy that it could've been worse.

#2 12 years ago

Soon you'll be shopping out your machines. You can learn fast in this hobby. Just use all the resources like pinside and RGP to learn all you can.

#3 12 years ago

Thank you, come again!

#4 12 years ago

Awesome Job KwiKimart ,, On TSPP , wait till Homer has a Creek in his Neck,, Head-ache !!!

#5 12 years ago

One small step for man; One giant leap for mankind!

Good Job Kwiki. It sounds like you enjoyed it and are proud, so I would call it VERY succesfull.

Wait 'til your first hack - It's the kinda thing that we all hate seeing, but sometimes cannot repair in proper fashion. One of those "I am ashamed to be proud" kinda things. LOL

I had a NGG that I converted to LEDs. It had some LED flashers that kept coming loose. It seemed that either the flasher was too thin or the socket became to loose.
My Jack-Bot was my most reliable game ever, but I had "repaired" a bulb that refused to go in, so I took a flathead to it, with the power on, and turnder the socket, 'til I was able to put the bulb in. This blew the U20 and caused all kind of logic problems....
My lesson is : Don't work on anything with the power on 'til you feel confident enough to be able to say "If I damage anything else, I can repair it too".

Hopefully that will be the only time that this bulb comes loose on you.

PS TSPP is one of my favorite Hyperin Tables!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

wait till Homer has a Creek in his Neck,, Head-ache !!!

Hahaha good one B_R, but I thought Homer's head was made of rubber.

#7 12 years ago

Someone tell me please an EASY way to change out a dead lamp in Homer's Head!!! It looks like it could be a bitch!!!!!!!! Go from the top of his head, or try from under the PF???
Thanks,
Mike

#8 12 years ago

Way to go KwiKi!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#9 12 years ago

Way to go Kwiki but in a led kit then you dont have to change so often.

#10 12 years ago

That'll be $32.75 please lol!

Everyone that drives a car should be able to change their own tire if they have a flat. Just like pinball, you should be able to do your own regular maintenance. All the procedures are in the owners manuals, study them. They are worth there weight in gold.

#11 12 years ago

way to go Kwiki!!

#12 12 years ago

Im glad you fixed your bulb and enjoyed working on your machine. Now that you own a pin you will learn how to repair stuff pretty fast thats half the fun.(at least thats what I keep telling myself)

#13 12 years ago

Basic maintenance is the first step towards restoration!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-very-proud-of-myself-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.