• Star Trek Premium 41 votes
    59%
  • Iron Man VE 28 votes
    41%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

qhnwa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

ST PREM/LE is a great pin in a small lineup. Why? Cause it has everything - short ball times, long ball times, flow, speed, scoring strategies, story capturing, Immersive light show, fun, excitement, depth, and a warp Ramp.

Regardless of what people say, the game is not grinding but it can be played that way and what I mean is if you tackle the game with the same strategy every game, it'll feel a bit repetitious. But that's what's great about ST - tons of different strategies and ways to tackle the game.

I have an IMVE on the way to compliment my STLE so I really can't answer the OP question quite yet except to get both! Lol. but for a small lineup - I'd go ST for the depth, and diversity that gives it a replay ability factor. IM & ACDC are kick your ass games - it would be nice to have a pin that rewards you on good play without any cheap drains like those other 2.

That said; I should mention, my STLE has gone to bat against some top pins in my pin rotation and has outlasted them all (ACDC, MET, LOTR). And of those top matches, ACDC was my least favorite to compliment ST - don't really know exactly why. So for that reason, you may want to go IMVE.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What happened with your recently acquired LOTR LE?!

...It got knocked the F*** out by STLE

...it went here, there and back again

Seriously, I had my outlanes wide open, pitch at 6.9, balls at 2, no EB memory, and was still killing it. FOTR MB is prob the best MB in all of pinball, but I owned LOTR for 6 years prior to this last purchase; it's just time to put this one to rest until the day I can own and afford 12+ pins.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Eskaybee have you ever owned Tspp?

Keefer is my favorite programmer; but I just have not been able to get into that pin. I actually played a few games on location last night. Granted it was a location pin, but I still felt very 'meh' about the gameplay, sounds, and stop n go style. I'm sure there's a spectacular Classic Keefer style depth to be experienced on it, but I haven't been able to get myself past the first couple layers of the surface to dig deeper.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Thanks everybody, there has been a lot of great info posted here to help me make a decision.
I have a question based on what many of you have mentioned.......I am not a good player. My Luci high score is laughable, that said I am getting slightly better and Luci is really enjoyable still.
Are the ball times on IM shorter than AC/DC? Is IM tougher than AC/DC?

Shorter than ACDC, yes! Tougher? I'd say no - it has an easy to understand russet which is shallow but effective. ACDC is super deep, immersive and has a lot going on so it's tough to follow all that's happening with the fast gameplay.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

So you decided to go IMVE and STLE no TWD?

Wife and I decided it was time to go back to having threesomes! ....uh pinball threesome that is. She wanted ironman, I wanted TWD. Our anniversary is in a few weeks so what better way to celebrate than having a threesome!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Got it Twd pro or premium?
I am thinking TWD if the new pin announced doesn't blow me away.

Ended up choosing the premium. The walker bombs and expanded ruleset ultimately was the deciding factor. No one really could convince me to go pro in that one thread I had going. The most convincing posts in that thread came from pro owners who wished they went premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-vs-st-prem-please-help?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.