Topic poll

“Money aside which is the better pin overall?”

• Star Trek Premium 41 votes
    59%
  • Iron Man VE 28 votes
    41%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

qhnwa.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I happen to be lucky enough to have both. I'm not a great player by any means but Star Trek for me is far far better game. Iron Man is fun but was made during the Stern's simplifying of games. It was bashed for a while when it came out as a very cheaply made game for Stern to just cut corners. Turned out though to be pretty good and a good bang for the buck. Simple fun rules, although a somewhat bare playfield. It is not deep and can be extremely frustrating, very random and fast ball times. Star Trek on the other hand is really a master piece from concept to execution (at least for me anyways) especially the light show on the premium and LE. Rules are well done and game play is deep for the seasoned player and fun enough for the casual player. Hit the warp ramp for me is such a satisfying shot, I find it much different game play then AC/DC. Either game will compliment your AC/DC well. I have played a Star Trek pro as well and that to in my opinion is a more fun and better done game then Iron Man. So for me the choice is easy Star Trek all the way.

#52 3 years ago

If you like a game with short ball times that always ends with "I almost did it, gotta try again" go for IM. If you prefer longer ball times and light show go for ST. Better yet spend time on both.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wife and I decided it was time to go back to having threesomes! ....uh pinball threesome that is. She wanted ironman, I wanted TWD. Our anniversary is in a few weeks so what better way to celebrate than having a threesome!

Got it Twd pro or premium?
I am thinking TWD if the new pin announced doesn't blow me away.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Got it Twd pro or premium?
I am thinking TWD if the new pin announced doesn't blow me away.

Ended up choosing the premium. The walker bombs and expanded ruleset ultimately was the deciding factor. No one really could convince me to go pro in that one thread I had going. The most convincing posts in that thread came from pro owners who wished they went premium.

#55 3 years ago

"Are the ball times on IM shorter than AC/DC? Is IM tougher than AC/DC?"

Yes definitely, I own IMVE and ST Premium, and used to own AC/DC premium.

I would guess average ball times for each:

IM 2 mins
AC/DC 5 mins
ST Prem 10 mins

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

"
I would guess average ball times for each:
IM 2 mins
AC/DC 5 mins
ST Prem 10 mins

Wow - I guess I'm even worse than I thought as my average ball time on my ST Premium is much shorter than 10 min!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Thanks everybody, there has been a lot of great info posted here to help me make a decision.
I have a question based on what many of you have mentioned.......I am not a good player. My Luci high score is laughable, that said I am getting slightly better and Luci is really enjoyable still.
Are the ball times on IM shorter than AC/DC? Is IM tougher than AC/DC?

IM is not a great long term home use game if you aren't a good player, it can be very frustrating. It's not a game that you can having a fun relaxing game on because of its difficulty.

I think IM is more fun when you play with others, if you are like me and always play alone IM might not be for you.

I have a love/hate relationship with mine

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

IM is not a great long term home use game if you aren't a good player, it can be very frustrating. It's not a game that you can having a fun relaxing game on because of its difficulty.
I think IM is more fun when you play with others, if you are like me and always play alone IM might not be for you.
I have a love/hate relationship with mine

Totally agree, I was going to sell mine I was so fed up with not being able to get a good game on it...then I beat my high score and all was well again

Star Trek is so much easier, but equally fast, the two games compliment each other perfectly. You need both in your collection really!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside