IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You might not even need the drain fix. They changed where the ramp flap was screwed in in soon after the first batch went out...they moved it by like a cm to the right - so when a ball came back, it hit off the post and veered left. Hopefully they'll stick to that revision with these new ones...if so, you won't need a drain fix.

They will...also, mine came with ramp protectors from Stern. I'd be very surprised if they are left off now.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

So all your ramps had ramp protectors on it? I think I threw in a right ramp protector into my latest marco order...

My right ramp definitely did...I'll have to verify the left when I get home. The right ramp was the one that had breakage issues though.

1 week later
#331 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm gonna be a little angry if I get old figures if other people get new ones.

Why? Old are better for whiplash and WM. EVERYONE will get the new monger, which is better because it lights up.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Eh, it says pretty clearly #10/300. Don't see why they'd put that there, unless they ran 300 of them.

Right, for that playfield run. They can always do another run. No biggie.

#627 9 years ago

As an owner of the original IM...be cautious of the right sling. Mine was rubbing the screw head and wore a spot off the art. Make sure it's not close to rubbing that lower right screw!

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Abso-freaking-lutely. My thought is this....You spend $4800 on a game that is great. That's cool. But why cheap out and not drop another $175 to make it a ton better? Same with the subwoofer. $175 when you're spending $4800 already isn't all that much (about 3.5% of the cost of the machine). It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me not to add it. It's like ordering a really nice new car and not getting navigation with it just to save a few bucks....

Getting built in navigation is a total rip-off. Usually about a grand to do that. I'll stick with my $80 garmin.

#854 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I need to ask, well, first, congrats everybody on getting a great machine....!!
But, I was told, (and the reason I have not ordered one).....
I thought, that Jericho CANNOT be carried over to the next ball....
When I played on location, it was not possible...
But a friend say's, that he can carry it over, true? (can be adjusted in the program's)..
Meaning, if he get's jericho on ball one, it carries on over until ball 3 if need be...
true? if so, i'm gonna buy this machine...
thanks.

I guess you're a buyer!

#878 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

i remember reading somewhere that the newer code compressed the animations. can someone explain why they did that and if there is a way to add more memory and decompress them?

They did it to fit the code into the space they have...no way to uncompress the video sadly. You can go back to old code and see the better animations though.

#936 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm sure it looks exactly the same. Just because they compressed it for memory doesn't mean it looks worse. IM DMD is full motion video rips from the movie - it's going to have that slightly chunky look because that's how video looks on a DMD. I had the original IM and some clips - like Whiplash building his weapon - always looked like ass.

Nope, it DEFINITELY looks worse now. Noticeably. Same thing happened on SM.

#937 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just played a bit more IM. I put the Monger letters to difficult or meaning starts with no letters given, and Monger start to difficult meaning only starts with center spinner. I seem to like this as to me it's kind of too easy to start otherwise.
I can't say it's hard to start this way at all, both my daughters age 14 and 15 were able to start Monger on their first game.

Definitely a must change. Monger hard, meaning you have to spell out IRON MONGER (10 hits to spinners) is the way to go. Also making the center shot on valid to raise him is the only way to go as well. It lets you control when to start him better and also makes it tougher at the same time.

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

But then the ball will never go into the pops during gameplay. Or hold while monger raises from a left orbit shot...

Can still go through the center spinner into the pops. Also, only allow a Monger start on the center. You do lose out on more pop hits when super pops are active. Contrary to popular opinion, there's decent points there.

#1105 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

-Monger letters: easy, normal or hard. With easy it gives you the first 2 letters. With hard it takes a few spinner hits before you get any letters.

Clarification: HARD makes you spell "IRON MONGER" instead on just "MONGER". The progress on "IRON" is only displayed on the DMD for obvious reasons.

#1180 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At first I thought you were confusing Jericho with DoD, but by your response, I can see that you are not.
You are correct, the inserts apply to DoD and don't really have anything to do with Jericho directly (although they do give you additional "Marks").
I don't think there is even an option to let the modes carry over. The only way to do that is to beat the mode and get the insert flashing as far as I know.
So the bottom line is that I am confused by this Jericho adjustment option. I will have to look at it later.

The Carry Over Jericho adjustment lets Jericho continue until you beat it...even after draining and starting a new ball. Basically, the next ball starts wherever you left off within the Jericho mode and continues until you beat it. Super lame if you ask me. Leave it off so if you drain during Jericho it's gone the next ball.

#1232 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm sure it's been discussed before but since I have both side by side, it's very apparent the difference in DMD quality. These are two different types right? One an LCD and one a plasma? Is that right? My Pro has a red filter and a glare buster so it's much darker and it's still so much cleaner and the movie scenes are so crisp. The dots on the pro are smaller so that must help with the details. Is this that compression issue that was talked about? What can we do to get the VE DMD up to the quality of the Pro? Take a look and tell me what y'all think:
Original:

VE:

image-528.jpg 109 KB

image-313.jpg 169 KB

image-828.jpg 171 KB

image-128.jpg 154 KB

image-29.jpg 206 KB

image-797.jpg 188 KB

Not much you can do...plasma >> LED.

#1339 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quick question for those who have IM OG or VE
If the ball is casually coming from the right orbit, like from the pops - it tends to wing the right sling instead of falling directly to the right flipper. How is it on your games? I honestly can't remember what it was like on my old IM….wondering if I should try tweaking the ball guide on that side or just leaving it alone. It's perfect on a flipper shot around the orbit - when I do that it always cleanly comes to the right flipper and I can combo it all day long.

When it's slowly coming down the orbit I give a little bump to make it miss the sling. From a fast loop shot, no issues. Disclaimer: I have the OG.

#1341 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

As I was removing the ramp to install my pop caps I noticed each of the entrances of the ramps have a small section void of color or decal where the original wood shows. I wonder why Stern chose to leave that empty.

image-146.jpg 260 KB

image-965.jpg 237 KB

The whiplash target graphics look different in the pic than the original...maybe I'm mis-remembering?

#1363 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Not the best quality but I used my iPad to capture a small bit of footage for those interested in the ColorDMD
» YouTube video

Ha, seriously first time I've seen the video of monger flying at the start of the multiball! I've had IM for years, but I'm usually busy watching the ball!

#1434 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

He's talking about this. I'd don't know what that's for, I would guess you could drill the new playfield out to accommodate them, but that would be a hassle I wouldn't have expected.

271876b.jpg 240 KB

Hmmm, that not in my original. Is that on the VE?

#1436 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea it's on the VE and not on the Original. Hope someone can tell me what the hell they are. Am I going to have to sell my playfield and buy a new one?

Look underneath and see what's attached to them, if anything.

#1527 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Thinking of I ordered this baby 8 HOURS after Stern announced it on Facebook…..THAT was a loooooooong wait!!! But today it finally arrived. Excitedexcitedexcited!!!!!!!!
Probably the first one in Luxembourg.
Playfield says number 18 out of 300.
Had to put back some inserts LEDs back into place because they have been pushed out by the coin box which was NOT FIXED and just hang loose between the cables. God, I am happy that nothing has been damaged.
Had to play around a lot with the monger top plastic until I got no more air balls. But it is fine now. I put some folded paper between the top plastic and its support. That did it for mine.
Me now: happyhappyhappy!!!
But MAN is that thing bright and the cabinet decals shiny! Tron and 24 are a little jealous now me thinks. )))

IMVE1.JPG 161 KB

IMVE6.JPG 66 KB

IMVE2.JPG 177 KB

IMVE4.JPG 141 KB

IMVE3.JPG 175 KB

LOL at that Friends picture you have in the background.

#1549 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's ON/OFF vs. smooth fades. Honestly the game stock with Incandescent mode (fade FX restored) doesn't bug me at all...but the video comparison IS compelling. I might have to get a few OCD's to play around with.

Best configuration is incandescents for GI, LEDs (not too bright) for inserts...but that's just my opinion.

#1564 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Why not put blades or the decal there?

Because blades and decals are too gaudy.

1 week later
#1658 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

It's the exact same game BR. No need for a duplicate. IM Pro is IM VE.

I agree...no need to clutter up the top 100. Too many versions already, but at least I get the pro vs LE entries.

2 weeks later
#1810 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I noticed today when playing that the Mark lights stay on from ball to ball, but when I read the rules online it stated that the Marks all have to be earned during one ball or they start over. It does show these rules as V1.4. Did this change in newer software? And how does everyone prefer to play it? Thanks.

As a default, Marks always carry over ball to ball...always have.

#1826 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Fluorescent slingshot & lane guide protectors , for those that have the Metallica version Laseriffic is making them for Iron Man .

image-128.jpg 225 KB

image-411.jpg 262 KB

Why would you want to color bomb your lower PR in orange and wash all the colors out??

2 months later
#1919 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Super bands all the way. Bring the lanes all the way in. It'll still kick your ass man.

Hate super bands on flippers, like them on posts. Keep outlanes stock!!! Don't cheapen the experience of IM!

#1922 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I think I will put super bands on my IM. I give up. I suck. I am sick of IM tying me up and putting a cigarette out on my tongue! I do hit start again and again though. Maybe IM and I can have group therapy together.

But that's the beauty...keep the carrot dangling. You don't want it too easy. It's not a deep enough game to be able to make Do or Die too regularly.

#1925 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have superbands on all my machines. I think the only advantage to superbands is it seems easier to drop catch. And also seems easier to aim the shots.
I also like that if you put silverjet balls in your machine. And clean the dirt off the superbands regularly. Superbands seem to last forever.
On my IMVE it did not improve my scores by much. But every little bit helps.
I have mine set to tournament settings except for the orbit post is still active.
My average scores per game now 30+ million.
Best game ever was a highscore of 158 million. Finishing jericho I'm having a blast trying to top it. And hope to get DOD MB.

There's some pluses and minuses to them. They look awesome, wear nice, clean up great, drop catches are easier...but bounce passes are LOST and wide shots such as orbits are much tougher with them (for IM the orbits are pretty high up so not too bad, but IM targets are tougher to aim for). Losing consistent bounce passes are the killer for me with super bands.

#1932 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Instead of blaming the rubbers, try to practice your technique!
Also, when the ball is coming through the loop, and you suspect it may hit the top of the slingshot, gently bump your game on the side of the ball, to push it away from the slingshot - This will not damage your machine in ANY way.
Btw Rai, I think do or die is 35 million, not 50 - at least on newer code?

Yep Do or Die starts counting down from 35 million. Do or Die Multiball is the ultimate goal. No human has ever made it there.

#1936 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I thought I did it today. I couldn't read the screen and keep up with the ball(s), but I did look up when I hit that middle spinner and the machine nearly blew up and awarded me 50 million. I don't know what the hell I did!

rai . . . I thought I was completing Jerico. Is Jerico a 50 million finale too? If not, then I completed Do or Die.

You probably beat Jericho...congrats, it's no easy feat. Make sure it doesn't carry ball to ball, because that's lame.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.