IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#408 9 years ago

I have a home equity line... I rationalized to myself, $13.00 a month in interest to buy one.

How can I resist?

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hopefully they will continue to run it so long as there's demand. "Iron Mans for everybody!" (in my best Zeus voice)

Another post from an owner, showed only 300 being made. He had the number on his game.

I heard a bit on Production schedule, and indeed I may be wrong, but it may be all they make for some time.
If only 300 turn out to be true, I dont think it will dilute the market, and demand might even restore all the value
on the originals....

I jumped on the bandwagon, not wishing to take the chance that some will be available later....

2 weeks later
#1070 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I did end up swapping most of them out and its a night and day difference. IMHO the lower lighting levels makes the game look much more expensive. Pics Attached.

Nice example of personal taste in GI lighting....

#1130 9 years ago

Unboxed mine tonight too!

Thanks to Curly at LSOG, and Donnie, who delivered, setup, and installed shaker.

Perfect in every way...I have a floor lamp across the room, with no other light, the Metallic
Iron Man is glowing off the cabinet. Thats a first to me! Camera wont capture it, but its like its
lit itself.

Playfield is immaculate. Play is, well, you know, fast and fast.

Shaker is very nicely integrated.

Of course, I may screw with the lighting. Op-Max in the spots...a must.
more Purple maybe pink, and frosted bulbs, and fix the color on the white inserts.

Simple game, tough game,,,,it fits well in its difference from other games, AC/DC, X-men, its closest cousin is BBH.

We are pretty damn lucky to get an announcement, and a game, without waiting years, and with code!

...anyone on the fence, dont be

#1145 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Post some pics of what you do with the colors. This is what I did to mine with your bulbs. I need to get some of the 555 cyan bulbs, only have the 47s at the moment.

Your pic inspired me to make some changes, although I may need a few weeks.
I might have a few differences, but I completely love your choices in the white inserts, especially down the middle.
I think anything would be better than all white.

GI is personal too, but I love color in my inserts!

#1184 9 years ago

Iron Man VE almost gave me a coronary!

My 10th game or so, (having only played about 20 games over the years), I hit Jericho!
WTF! With a shaker motor in it, this game is the most perfectly integrated shaker I have played with!
A must must have to this game, in my opinion. The build on it from game play to lighting, pushed forward by the music...WOW!
This game is both Flo oriented, in a classic way with the orbits, and linear driven by the music, but not always the shots. Very Cool! Great game for any Newbie, fan, just a real favorite, and a ball buster for the point, and progression players.
Tight package, and a nice change of pace in any collection.

Some lights, a subwoofer, and some magnetic glow balls to try out in it!

...and I am not exaggerating, I had to take a nitro!..

#1206 9 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I was wondering what you all thought of the pictures of my machine?

Looks Great!

Stop running your hands across the playfield, though!
(Just Kidding!)

#1208 9 years ago

Damn, my first demerit on humor....

I wanted to mess with the colors, heres what I did:

In the tradition of color matching, the center inserts were color matched except Whiplash,(I like that Green) and Drones. Maybe Ice Blue as well for that shade of insert.
I used frosted purple for Monger lights, although the large panels at the orbits and center, I will change to a 2 SMD faceted. The reds will be the same. I like the darker richer Purple on a game.
For the center stip of circles, I left white, then frosted Warm, then a warm fluted dome, then frosted Orange, Friosted Red, and then The center is two Ice Blue. I will try frosted Ice Blue when they arrive, and Op-Max., for kicks, Ill try some color changing....I know sacrilegious...but I change these around all the time.

The ramp inserts were white. warm white fluted, Orange and red.

I think it kicks ass just the way it came out of the box, but wanted to play around a bit.

We will see...Ill do more later....

ironman.jpgironman.jpg
1 week later
#1470 9 years ago

Excellent Job, Eric!!!

#1505 9 years ago

I am still tinkering with the LEDs, but did the same on ramps and Mark Circles.
I will add some frosted ICE BLUE that just came in, in the center power shield, and see if they help in the back...
Not much needs to be done, IMO, the lighting is great....but Ill post some final pics tomorrow.

Purple 8-Flex or 8 SMD in purple under monger look great though!

#1537 9 years ago

Pics of Ice Blue In Center Insert.....I am Happy with this....

ICE BLUE Iron Man.jpgICE BLUE Iron Man.jpg ICE BLUE Iron Man2.jpgICE BLUE Iron Man2.jpg
1 week later
#1624 9 years ago

Very Nice! Love the player commentary!

#1650 9 years ago

I like what you did! especially the blue trail in the Mark inserts!
I relocated and centered the War Machine kick back insert with a 2 SMD faceted Cyan...much better, and followed
another pinsider by using Flex flashers in Whiplash. I did Blue, with one facing forward, and one facing backwards that lights the pop bumpers...What a rush on this game!

#1654 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just picked up mine and got it home. Swampfire is kindly helping me unbox.

Enjoy! I am so happy to get in a couple of games everyday!

....Nice combo on the warm whites Billy, Ill have to give that I try...I dont even get time to finish with the lights on mine yet!...The two fluted domes are looking sweet from the feedback I am getting...maybe Ill take home some blues today from work and try that too.

1 month later
#1851 9 years ago

You can match the bulbs that are in the Vault addition with cointakers 2 LED listed product, and your color choice for the Mark symbols, and Ramp point inserts, as they are white...
Lots of pictures looking backwards in this thread, of colors added, bulb choices, and vendors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.