IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

Hell yea I bought one. Can't wait to unbox it. Not sure what to do about my pimped out IM Pro. Might sell it, might trade it, might put it on route and make me some money.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I ordered one from Cointaker . Free mirror blades included, now I get to open a NIB IMVE and try out mirror blades for the first time!
I'm excited! IM is one of those games that when it came out I was not very excited for it because it seemed so stripped down but as pinball goes the gameplay makes the game and I'm dying to play some IM at home! Like my spiderman this one is never going anywhere.

I just put mirror blades on my IM Pro this weekend. I have no idea why I waited so long. It looks beautiful. I will either put the newly made IM side decal art on my VE or spring for some gold mirror blades to go with my gold/brass pieces and powder coated trim.

You'll love the mirror blades though:

image-426.jpgimage-426.jpg
image-199.jpgimage-199.jpg

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see you got the Iron Man decal set are you happy with them?

Oh yes, very happy with it. I have gotten a TON of mods for my Pro. Those decals have held up well to the abuse. Seeing the words IRON MAN is a must on those targets.

#30 9 years ago

Yes I did. Www.Pinballdecals.com

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Am I crazy ordering the VE when I still have the original I bought NIB, which is still as new?

All aboard the Crazy Train!!!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Cliffy question: can I use the ramp drain fix with the cliffy installed? Do you guys plan on using the "no drain" fix from pinball life?

Yes you can use both the ramp protector and the drain fix together. No problem

#100 9 years ago

I agree. Red is the right color. Might upgrade to a color DMD though. Do they make DMDs with multiple colors or are they single color only?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

http://www.colordmd.com
IM will always be monochrome but you can do the "rainbow effect" w/ ColorDMD now.

Not sure what you mean by rainbow effect

#127 9 years ago

Everything is relative

#146 9 years ago

I'm putting Cliffy's for mine. I am so ready for the VE. I have my powder coated armor, brass bolts and leg levelers, decals, gold led flipper buttons, new War Machine, Whiplash, and Marine Drone figures modified by Hooked, shaker, new colored flippers. I'm sure I am forgetting something. Oh and I am moving over a few mods like my headphone kit from my Pro to my VE.

Needless to say. I am excited.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's almost nothing but callouts from the movies.
Custom voices are "Random Military Guy" and Jarvis....everything else is movie pulls

I wish there were some Terrance Howard/Don Cheadle call outs or maybe some Scarlett or Sam Jackson as well.

#153 9 years ago

Yea I wish I knew how to use it too. Need my bud Richard to come and hook it up. More call outs! More music!! More Iron Man!!

#155 9 years ago

I wasn't impressed with either actor honestly.

Terrance Howard honestly is too effeminate, soft for the Rhodes/War Machine role.

This is the guy that was perfect for that role:

image-413.jpgimage-413.jpg
#157 9 years ago

I rest my case.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

on my last IM I put up over 1000 games using the pinballpal magnet protectors and you still could not see them and no signs of wear.
http://www.pinballpal.com/stealth/#Playfield

When is the last time you actually bought anything from that site? Due to the health of the owner or something, I think the site is down. Go look for yourself.

#182 9 years ago

For what it's worth, I put Cliffy's on my IM Pro and haven't had a problem.

I bought some more for my IMVE but here is another choice:

image-242.jpgimage-242.jpg
#188 9 years ago

Hell why not. Me too! We have any choice in ring color?

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

My distributor contacted me this morning, mine should be shipping today.

Lucky duck!!

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

just watched Iron Man 3 for the first time last night..... definitely the turd movie of the three

Ok now do a search for the Marvel mini movie titled: Hail to the King (or something like that) it's got Ben Kingsley's character in jail. It's only like ten minutes.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way, IM2 is horrible. Loved 3!

Dude what?

I submit exhibit A:

Sooooo badass!!!!

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IM2 has some cool scenes....those were all in the trailer & in the pin - so it's all good on the pin front...but as a film, it's completely dopey & the tone and pace is just way off. First one was great, 2 was Favreau phoning it in. Whiplash was a fundamentally stupid villain - Iron Man should be able to just fly above his head and blast him...whips have limited range, c'mon. 3 had fresh blood with Shane Black behind the camera - it felt like a "real" movie again. Good villian, good 'fake out', great action, great humor... LOVED IT.

I hear ya. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Like most Trilogies, the movies tend to get worse and worse. Iron Man was no different. IM 3 was so many slaps in the face to the comics/ fans than either movie before it.

Whiplash might have been a fundamentally flawed villian but that Mandarin bullsh*t was ten times worse.

image-9.jpgimage-9.jpg image-19.jpgimage-19.jpg image-432.jpgimage-432.jpg
#220 9 years ago

Also, this is prob one of my favorite all time comic covers:

image-212.jpgimage-212.jpg
#222 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Seems like that would be a safe assumption.

I'm thinking a yellow or gold speaker panel would look way better than that blue. What do you think?

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Here is your first mod...

2014-07-09-09-28-47--825492205.j... 3 KB

Im going powder coated red with brass bolts, leg levelers, etc so I'm thinking:

image-312.jpgimage-312.jpg
#235 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I honestly don't care. Blue looks fine.

Ok I gotcha. You're "worried" about the toys but don't care about the panel color. My bad.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

yes, i care about the gameplay part of the game. I don't want $hit breaking on me, like wolverine on xmen. not being snarky, just saying the color on the backbox is not a real issue. I guess if it were pink or baby$hit green i may take issue.

Yes of course gameplay and quality materials are what truly matters. Just being picky and enjoy "improving" things. I'm just excited.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I don't even remotely care that they changed the Mandarin from the comics...ya know, the original Iron Man comics took place in the 60's and 70's ....they "changed" the movies to take place in the 2000's....oh no! Also - IM2 movie Whiplash is different than the various comic Whiplashes.

Updating the time period is nothing compared to revealing that his arch-enemy throughout 50+ years of comics was nothing more than a drunk British actor.

Hell his armors in IM3 seems to be held together by nothing more than children's glue the way they disintegrated at any contact.

The Iron Patriot? What a joke. Never saw a lick of combat and was taken down by some chicks hot hand.

The movie was made to appeal to the mindless masses, I get that. Just seems like the writing was worse in this movie. It's like the writers got together and said, "source material? Hahahaha F that"! YouTube a short animated clip of How it should have ended for IM 3. The writers apparently had just finished watching the film Incredibles before they sat down write the turd I mean third movie.

At the end Killian declares it was he who was pulling all the strings, that he was the true Mandarin. Huh?!?

There's a reason they went back and made a separate mini movie to try and fix certain crazy plot holes. Have you watched it?

#249 9 years ago

Damn that sub looks good!!

#253 9 years ago

Good read first:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-all-hail-the-king-mandarin-clip/

The video itself is on the second Thor DVD as a bonus material. Here is a not so great but good enough clip:

#254 9 years ago

Highest grossing crap is still crap. Sorry for the fanboy tangents, I know this is pinball not an Iron Man movie debate club.

#256 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you!!!!!

#264 9 years ago

Sure:

image.jpgimage.jpg image-29.jpgimage-29.jpg image-250.jpgimage-250.jpg image-857.jpgimage-857.jpg
#265 9 years ago

I'm considering the gold mirror blades for my VE or using these badass decals I just bought. I'll try the decals first then get the good mirrors instead.

#310 9 years ago

I stand corrected on that speaker panel. I like it a lot and I think the side art I bought from pinsider hassanchop will go perfectly with it:

image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg

image-108.jpgimage-108.jpg
#322 9 years ago

IM fans don't need to get hung up on original or remake. It's still a bad ass game with some differences. It doesn't have to divide us.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm gonna be a little angry if I get old figures if other people get new ones.

Ha why does that matter as long as it plays great? Right? Tell ya what, since I already bought modded figures, if yours are old and mine are any different, I'll mail you mine. No problem.

#354 9 years ago

Can't argue there. That is a great movie.

#367 9 years ago

The headphone kit is easy to install and IM sounds so kickass in your ears. Great mod!!

#373 9 years ago

I just don't know shit about installing a sub or upgraded speakers. Jack shit.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I haven't even gotten an email from my distributor yet!!

I know. This sucks.

#401 9 years ago

I do but only so I can pad my stats. Haha

#403 9 years ago

But it makes sense why It wouldn't be. It's the same damn game.

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sorry to crash your thread, but I am a little jealous watching you guys waiting and finally getting your IM's. I don't have a Stern, YET, in my collection and this is very cool. Enjoy the ride!

I thought you were going to get one. What happened?

#424 9 years ago

Oh shut up Cosmo. I wish I had mine Wednesday.

No Pin for you!

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I have no idea when mine is getting here and I don't even care. Weird.

Must be nice.

#437 9 years ago

Good good. Rub it in.

#441 9 years ago

There is a thread about it on this site.

#453 9 years ago

The goodie bag in my Pro is still unopened. And there it will stay because I'll be putting in Hooked's much better version.

#460 9 years ago

Ok that's it. I'm gonna get into the garage door business....

#463 9 years ago

That's what Cosmo does. Seems to be working pretty damn well for him.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Oh. I took it to mean that you would install garage doors on certain pinsider's homes... certain pinsiders who keep their games in the garage... for reasons that could only be... evil

You know I'm a cop right?

#527 9 years ago

Us southern boys ain't too bad to look at either plus most of us have all our teeth.

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Stealing a page out of Grinders book. Here's my recent ebay purchases. Going to take a while to fill a wall...

ironman.png 331 KB

Nice man!! That 150 is one of my favorite. Dr. Doom and Iron Man had some good battles. Two sides of the same coin those two.

The runs in the early 90's were fantastic as well. Beautiful artwork. Post some pictures when you get them up.

#545 9 years ago

Here are a few of my fav. Some even fit the theme of the pin too.

image-859.jpgimage-859.jpg
image-951.jpgimage-951.jpg
image-135.jpgimage-135.jpg
image-30.jpgimage-30.jpg
image-199.jpgimage-199.jpg
image-503.jpgimage-503.jpg
image-73.jpgimage-73.jpg

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Installed the Stern shaker motor last night. Is there any way to turn the power down a bit? I didn't see anything on the motor itself and I changed the setting to medium in the menus. This just changed when the motor went off but it's still too powerful and obnoxious. Feels like the whole house is shaking and it's really loud.
Thanks.

Ha, if you don't like it throw it my way, I'll trade you a bunch of my comics for the shaker

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Those are sweet. Really like those first three. I'm going to have to find one of those war machine ones. Where can you buy new comics? Do they sell them at grocery stores?

Sure, Kroger/Food Lion/Piggly Wiggly will have some in their magazine section more than likely. But I'd just go though eBay like you are doing. You can get good deals on bulk purchases.

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

theres got to be a way to turn it down a bit. The rattle and vibration noise is louder than the game sounds and really takes away from the game. I've played a Tron with a shaker and you couldn't hear it.

Hmmm. I don't know bud. Turn it as low as it goes on the settings. Maybe something under/around the shaker would help decrease it for you. I love mine in my Pro and have it on max. Need to get one for the incoming IMVE still.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Those are sweet. Really like those first three. I'm going to have to find one of those war machine ones. Where can you buy new comics? Do they sell them at grocery stores?

Also, I'm sure marvel.com could get you started on a comic subscription and they'd mail you titles you select straight to your door.

#577 9 years ago

What do these plastic protectors do exactly? They are applied directly over the plastics on the game or something?

#591 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Im very envious of everyone already getting their games. I guess that teaches me not to wait until the last minute! I just hope it gets here before league on the 27th.

I ordered the first day, a few hours of the news breaking. I'm still waiting. Somehow being on the west coast mattered more than when you ordered.

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Wierd. I would have thought the early people would have been rewarded with early ship dates.

Seems logical but nope.

#600 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I ordered on the 6/16 and am told unless Stern ramps up production significantly I won't have it next week.

6/12 at 1230pm

#604 9 years ago

I'll take an upside down sticker. Let's ggooooooooo!!!!

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Just installed my new Iron Man topper! Pic is bad quality, but looks awesome in person. Thanks Joe!
Rob Bell
Robshameroom.com

IMG_8479.JPG 252 KB

I love that topper. Who made it?

#648 9 years ago

Any word JJ on another shipment headed your way for us in the south?

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The original machine had whips, and they were glued/epoxied to his hands. There's a little hole in the front of the whiplash plastic - the front tip of one whip goes there so stays bent downward. The original whips were bendable...not sure if the repro whips are....my game isn't here yet! Wah!

A west coast buyer who hasn't received his game already? What is this blasphemy?!?

#677 9 years ago

Hey JJ, I'm sure you are busy but I sent you a PM as well. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

#679 9 years ago

Man thanks so much. I hate bugging you about it. Thank you again

#693 9 years ago

As is mine. Estimated for tomorrow so knowing my luck it'll really be Friday. Still we are getting there.

Ryan

#711 9 years ago

Got a call!! Might be here tomorrow if I'm lucky or def by Thursday. So this is my first NIB. These trucking companies don't bring it inside the house? They drop it off and it's up to you? My two used pins were carried into my game room by that shipping company. Any help?

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Getting built in navigation is a total rip-off. Usually about a grand to do that. I'll stick with my $80 garmin.

Or my free iPhone map app. Good enough for me. I will still spring for the shaker and even the subwoofer. Priorities.

Can someone recommend a decent sub for me? Would best buy have one?

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I bought this one at Best Buy. I didn't want to wait to have one shipped. It sounds awesome.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-10-100w-powered-subwoofer/8872251.p?id=1218924793285&skuId=8872251&st=powered%20subwoofer&cp=1&lp=2
They did price match Amazon for me though.
amazon.com link »

Sold!! Going right now to get mine. How did you hook it up? Alligator clips and wires like Cosmo?

#763 9 years ago

So walked in to Best Buy, they don't carry that model of sub anymore locally but if I can be patient, he can ship it to me for free shipping and it will only cost $48.06. Same model and everything. Thanks!

#774 9 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

How did you get that sub for only $48.06 ?

Hmmm I'm not an audiophile. Admittedly I know very little about speakers or amps or subs. Seems like I didnt get the exact same because his said 100W and mine says 150W. I haven't a clue the difference. Is mine still a good sub? Bought some speaker wires as well.

image-159.jpgimage-159.jpg
#777 9 years ago

So this happened:

image-831.jpgimage-831.jpg image-14.jpgimage-14.jpg
#796 9 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

Awww hell right! IM! Mine isn't a VE, but I'm posting anyway. Still loving my IM. Just updated to the new led code a few minutes ago. Love it! I like how they added some insert action into the light shows... like when you start Whiplash multi ball and all of the insert lights spiral out from where whiplash is located on the playfield. Very cool.

IMG_20140723_233224_878.jpg 296 KB

IMG_20140723_232337_079.jpg 227 KB

IMG_20140723_232619_641.jpg 267 KB

I also have the original IM. Could you break it down for a newb on how to update the code? Flash drive? Where do I plug it in the pin? I'm assuming somewhere behind the Translite.

#797 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

$35 shipped included wiring and free shipping. Plug n play to hook up a sub in minutes or remove. Works on any stern Sam board game
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

image-170.jpg 62 KB

Well damn, I've got one of those. I could just buy a simple sub plug and forgo the speaker wires and clips. Interesting....

#799 9 years ago

Thanks!!!

#805 9 years ago

Hang in there bud. Hope you get it soon.

#848 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I need to ask, well, first, congrats everybody on getting a great machine....!!
But, I was told, (and the reason I have not ordered one).....
I thought, that Jericho CANNOT be carried over to the next ball....
When I played on location, it was not possible...
But a friend say's, that he can carry it over, true? (can be adjusted in the program's)..
Meaning, if he get's jericho on ball one, it carries on over until ball 3 if need be...
true? if so, i'm gonna buy this machine...
thanks.

THAT'S your deciding factor in buying it or not? Ummm ok

#851 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Playing tonight and a ball got stuck in the Ironmonger's crotch (he says in a Beavis voice "Ironmonger's got three balls"). Three times it took a ball search to free it. Is there an adjustment? Didn't happen the first two days but three times tonight.

When I switched out the stock Monger for the modded one in my Pro and put them all back together, I had that problem over and over again. Turns out I didnt seat the e-clips properly so Monger was seated too far back thus allowing the ball to get trapped. I had to disassemble the Monger motor/housing and fix it. Works great now. I'm having an unboxing party tomorrow with some local buds, I'll report if mine does it.

Bottom line, your Monger needs some adjustment.

#913 9 years ago

Well a big shout out to some local Pinsiders who came over last night and helped me unbox this game and put a few of the mods on it. Thanks you guys! We watched The Big Lebowski and had us some White Russians. Thanks for your help Richard with the sub and great job getting your initials on my IMVE already.

I'm loving the light show code on the VE. I'll be putting the new code on my Pro soon. Can't wait to get them side by side and see the differences.

Ryan

#916 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^

I bet it hurt like hell!!!

Haha the way it loaded the pictures it looks like you were boxing up your brand new IM. Ha!

#917 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Would love to here your thoughts after playing both side by side.

I was thinking about doing a thread about it but we have enough threads around here as it is so it may just be a super long post(s). Stay tuned. I wish we could just close down this thread and all of us rejoin the original Iron Man adrenaline club. Just say no to this segregation!!!!

image-654.jpgimage-654.jpg
image-481.jpgimage-481.jpg

#920 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Man so I am in Vegas for photoshoots and my IM VE arrived at my studio while I was already out here so I decided to play the IM at PHOF. Got my initials up but the right flipper got stuck - was mostly playing to compare it against the VE when I get home (you can see the score and my initials and the stuck flipper which caused me to lose my stacked War Machine + Whiplash - doh!

2014-07-25-20.48.45.jpg 164 KB

Pics or it didnt....oh wait. Very nice!!

#956 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have the decal set that goes in place of the mirror blade? I mean the wallpaper type sticker that matches the speaker panel?

Yep I bought them. I think they will match the speaker decal wonderfully. I will be putting them on mine in the coming days. I'll post pictures.

image-453.jpgimage-453.jpg image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg image-375.jpgimage-375.jpg
#965 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

How durable are they? I'd be scared to scratch them when you lift the playfield up.

We shall see! Wondering how I should apply them. Take the whole playfield out? No clue

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

This is typical Stern; the clear varies greatly and this is not a new development or change in process. Stern has made playfields like this for years. It's not horrible but kind of par for the course IMHO. The Xmen LE I sold to buy this game had a lot more clear than my IMVE has. Here is a test for those who posted pictures showing really nice clear. If you run you fingers over the inserts where text is, say for example where the monger inserts are, can you feel the edges of the letters like there is a sticker there? I can feel all of the edges of the art on all of my inserts.
I really don't think it makes a difference to the ball travel though. I also don't think the playfield will wear any worse either. Keep your playfield clean, replace the balls regularly and the playfield will stay nice. I have to admit though I am tempted to buy another playfield and get a really nice clear on it. Not necessary but I'm picky like that

I bought a brand new playfield, how much does an extra application of clear cost?

image-301.jpgimage-301.jpg image-401.jpgimage-401.jpg
#977 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

A good clearcoat job runs $350-$500, plus shipping if it isn't happening locally.

Wow not cheap. Thanks for the info though.

#979 9 years ago

Somewhere around 700 shipped

#986 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am disappointed that no skill shot in the game, I don't call the roll over light a skill shot especially with post blocker. IMO they should disable the post or allow a skill shot by short plunge or long plunge with right flipper disabling the post like Tron to skill shot one of the ramps or combo or something other than just the boring roll over light.

Yea I am disabling the top post orbit tonight. More of a skill shot then.

#991 9 years ago

Well hell I don't know then

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Says the man with an IM. An IMVE. And a NOS IM playfield.

Haha touché

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Grinder is the official Pinside Iron Man maniac. I tip my hat to him.
I'm working in Cancun today. My game was supposed to arrive and I havent been able to get ahold of my buddy who was supposed to be waiting at my house to sign for it. Think he set it up and has been playing it for the past few hours instead of answering his phone to tell me it made it in? LOL

Thanks! I wish they had made a classic Em type of pinball for Shell Head (Iron man) like they have for Hulk and Spider-Man. I would snatch that one up too.

Working in Cancun? Man that must be nice. What do you do?

I have totally settled as a law enforcement officer. The plan was to go into the military, get my degree, spend a few years on the streets in local law enforcement and then go Federal. Well it was going well until I got married and had a child. Now wife doesn't want me to go federal. Sucks!

#1012 9 years ago
Quoted from JafCo:

Ditto. Twice. I'm going to have to put something between the dude's legs to prevent the ball from sticking in there.

Hasn't happened once yet. All assemblies aren't made the same it seems.

#1024 9 years ago

I'm gonna try and tackle the metal apron mod today and the pop cap mods tomorrow. It's a mod, mod world.

#1039 9 years ago

So true, my father in law came over last night with his girlfriend for dinner. He could not stop hitting the start button on the Iron Men. So funny to hear him cuss and get into it. I loved it.

#1041 9 years ago

Oh because I'm crazy

Edit: honestly, I'm only in this world, y'all's world because they made an IM pin. I doubt I'd ever have joined this great community or met some great local guys if they had never made this pin. I'm an Iron Man fan first and foremost. I kicked myself for not being aware of the IM pro being available back in 2010. I had just had my baby and was knee deep in shitty diapers. I love my Pro, I have spent a lot of time and money learning about it, pimping it out but the temptation to buy my own IM nib was too great.

#1046 9 years ago

Big fan of that topper!

#1065 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

now that people are getting their IMVE's, I'd love to know the differences between the old figures and the new ones. Can anyone describe / snap some pics?
Also is the translite any different?

Hey Brock, I took some photos for you. I'll check out the Translite differences soon.

Wanna guess which one is the old and which is the new?

Side by side:
image-404.jpgimage-404.jpg

Old:
image-648.jpgimage-648.jpg

New:
image-733.jpgimage-733.jpg

The old figure has the articulation, darker colors and more detail going for it. New figure has some blue around its arc reactor. Neither looks bad though.

#1066 9 years ago

And here are the War Machines:

Side by side:
image-868.jpgimage-868.jpg

Old:
image-394.jpgimage-394.jpg

New:
image-308.jpgimage-308.jpg

Seems my old figure came with his joints glued. Did anyone else have this done? Not a lot of differences between the two. The old figure seems a little bigger but the new seems darker and the pose is cool.

#1087 9 years ago

Yea I was scared of ramming my first one but it likes it rough. Like he said, at angle with some speed to bump over the hurdle.

I'm more interested in removing the entire playfield to out these decals on the sides. How hard is it to take out? Def a two man job right?

#1119 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

They're probably using the strong spring to compensate for their too-short shooter rods. Size matters! Take a look at any recent Stern game you own. The shooter tip doesn't contact a ball at rest in the shooter lane, which means the rod has to travel beyond full spring extension to strike the ball. When this happens, the barrel spring outside the game is contracting, which saps a lot of strength. Buy one of Pinball Life's red shooter rods, which is the proper length, and looks better in Iron Man anyway.
Metallica's super skill shot is unnecessarily frustrating with the factory shooter rod. I can't believe Stern continues to design, build & ship $5k+ games with shooters that are clearly too short.

Pinball life's red shooter rods? I would buy it but I cant find it on their site. Any help?

#1124 9 years ago

Oh I imagined an actual red shooter rod. Yea I saw that.

#1136 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

From the serial numbers I have seen in this thread, it looks like they made more than 500 IMVE .

Yea. I paid for mine in full same day the announcement was made. That clearly does not translate to rights to a lower production number.

Anyway, right around 500 if they even made them all.

image-616.jpgimage-616.jpg
#1138 9 years ago

I gotcha, you are going off serial numbers. Would Stern answer the question of how many were made? Is that that big of a secret to not say an exact amount?

#1147 9 years ago

for my progressive ramp inserts, this is what I use:
100k - white
200k - yellow
300k - orange
400k - red
I really dig how the colour flows in that combo.

That's exactly how mine are done. Seems like a natural choice.

#1152 9 years ago

Totally.
Actually I have Marks 1 - 5 as warm white and Mark 6 is a cool white.

Well there is where I went off script. I alternated Mark I-V with red and yellow. I just love seeing that color combination but I keep the largest arc reactor Mark VI on a bright white.

#1224 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

Here's my number not sure if it's good or bad..

image.jpg 144 KB

That's hilarious

#1225 9 years ago

Got a question for the more knowledgeable. Should we, the IMVE edition owners, be concerned about the cabinet decals peeling or losing is adhesiveness over time? Would they be able to last ten, twenty or more years? It's kept in climate controlled environment out of direct sunlight so no issues there. Screen cabinets don't have this issue. Should I be worried?

#1231 9 years ago

I'm sure it's been discussed before but since I have both side by side, it's very apparent the difference in DMD quality. These are two different types right? One an LCD and one a plasma? Is that right? My Pro has a red filter and a glare buster so it's much darker and it's still so much cleaner and the movie scenes are so crisp. The dots on the pro are smaller so that must help with the details. Is this that compression issue that was talked about? What can we do to get the VE DMD up to the quality of the Pro? It's much more apparent in person. Take a look and tell me what y'all think:

Original:

image-528.jpgimage-528.jpg
image-313.jpgimage-313.jpg
image-828.jpgimage-828.jpg

VE:

image-128.jpgimage-128.jpg
image-29.jpgimage-29.jpg
image-797.jpgimage-797.jpg

Side by side:

image-764.jpgimage-764.jpg image-922.jpgimage-922.jpg image-176.jpgimage-176.jpg image-690.jpgimage-690.jpg image-200.jpgimage-200.jpg image-126.jpgimage-126.jpg image-737.jpgimage-737.jpg
#1237 9 years ago

So my Pro is plasma and my VE is LED?

And the color DMD is also a plasma? I may have to upgrade at a later date then

#1262 9 years ago

I really don't nudge enough. Prob why my high score is only like 39 million.

#1271 9 years ago

Just bought my shaker and the video mod for the IMVE. Can't wait!!

#1279 9 years ago

Yeah this video mod:

image-671.jpgimage-671.jpg

Here's my number. Playfield seems great to me!

image-753.jpgimage-753.jpg

#1289 9 years ago

I've had a ball get stuck in between his legs prob two or three times now. Wondering if I can't put something (decal, plastic, screw) on his knees or shins that might be enough to prevent this from happening.

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you snap a pic of where you installed it on your machine and give a quick review of it? It looks like it could be pretty neat.

I sure will. I just ordered it and will post pics when I install it. Trying to find the perfect spot for it now.

#1293 9 years ago

I've drained it each time it got stuck after he lowered to clear it. I gotta nudge more than I do.

#1302 9 years ago

I actually experience the opposite with my plunger. I think it's WAY too strong and if I disable the top orbit post like I want, there is zero chance for a short plunge like on my original IM.

#1306 9 years ago

Any one notice unde the playfield how the GI have black tape around the solder. It's making it a pain in the ass to connect my whiplash figure.

VE:

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-94.jpgimage-94.jpg
image-881.jpgimage-881.jpg

Pro:

image-434.jpgimage-434.jpg image-822.jpgimage-822.jpg
#1322 9 years ago

As I was removing the ramp to install my pop caps I noticed each of the entrances of the ramps have a small section void of color or decal where the original wood shows. I wonder why Stern chose to leave that empty.

image-965.jpgimage-965.jpg
image-146.jpgimage-146.jpg

#1337 9 years ago

I def notice it hitting the right sling as it comes down, don't think it's everytime though. Just played a few on my original and didnt notice it as much. Might try that slapping technique or just deal with it.

#1343 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I swear my whiplash doesnt fling the ball as much as my old IM did - and yes I know he doesnt fling the ball after the first hold.

I'd be happy to make you a video where I do a bunch of tests on my old and new Whiplash to see if there is any noticeable difference. I haven't really noticed a huge difference.

#1344 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The whiplash target graphics look different in the pic than the original...maybe I'm mis-remembering?

My whiplash targets have the decals from pinballdecals.com

#1348 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I would LOVE that.

PM me your email and I'll send it you soon

#1351 9 years ago

I like that, OG and VE

#1353 9 years ago

Well F it, I'm buying me a Color DMD for my IMVE. What do they run? Anyone have an extra they want to sell?

#1361 9 years ago

Well, I'm sold. Next purchase is a color DMD.

#1362 9 years ago

So I'm checking out the colordmd. Will I need the stern back box adaptor? Will I need a clear screen along with the colordmd?? Do I get the WPC or the Sam/Whitestar installation kit?

#1373 9 years ago

About to shoot some Whiplash videos and install these two newest mods:

image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg image-19.jpgimage-19.jpg
#1378 9 years ago

So sexy.....

image-260.jpgimage-260.jpg image-348.jpgimage-348.jpg
#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

So.... which do you prefer? original or VE?

Such a tough question to answer. In some ways both have their merits. I plan on detailing their differences soon.

For now here are a few videos I uploaded to YouTube showing the Whiplash magnets on the OG and VE. Take a look and tell me what y'all think.

First two are my Original. Second two are my VE

#1389 9 years ago

I moved my lanes all the way in on the Pro and it still kicks my ass. I also have super bands on it and I like them better than the regular bands on the VE and will be switching them out soon. So move them in if you want, you'll still get your butt kicked and yea, super bands work great.

#1391 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks for doing this. Very helpful.

So what did you think after watching the videos? Just when I think my VE Whiplash just dribbles the ball off the magnet, it'll grab it and throw the hell out of it. You notice a big difference between the two?

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think that whiplash flings the ball much better when it's moving slower, and that when you handball it you're rolling the ball slower than a direct flipper hit at full speed.
When I do the same handball test it works great. I think my game is so clean and new that the ball rebounds too fast for the magnet to fling it very hard.

Hmmm that very well could be. I'm not good enough to use the flippers and hit whiplash over and over and not have the video be too long.

#1407 9 years ago

I'm buying my colordmd and the pinbits accessories tonight!!!

#1411 9 years ago

Well son of a b, I just paid for a colordmd and go to pinbits to get the adaptor and clear screen and they seem to be sold out of the adaptor.......

#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I think Martin told me he's making them in small quantities to order. You should try emailing him to see when they'll be back in stock. If there's an issue, please email me at [email protected] and I'll see if we can accelerate the spacer solution.

Thanks, I emailed him to see when they'll be back in stock. Thanks for your help.

#1419 9 years ago

I'm a modder and I just do the work myself, it gives me a lil bit of pride and prob saves me a lil bit. I don't have a bunch of machines though so I have time to devote to one instead of multiple games and their needs. If I have more games than time, I'd prob let someone do the work for me too.

#1427 9 years ago

Just for sh*ts and giggles

Before and After with my modded Marine Drone:

image-125.jpgimage-125.jpg
image-190.jpgimage-190.jpg

image-459.jpgimage-459.jpg
#1431 9 years ago

Ok I need some help here. Take a look at a few of these pictures and give me your thoughts. I noticed a difference between the Original slingshots and the VE slingshots. What is this circular metal object underneath the VE slings? It's not there on the Original. The extra playfield I bought a few months ago seems to mirror the Original IM. So does this mean the playfields aren't exactly the same? This playfield I bought to one day years from now to do a playfield swap won't work with my VE? Wtf?

First two are the VE slings and then the Original plus my extra playfield:

image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg
image-215.jpgimage-215.jpg
image-986.jpgimage-986.jpg
image-628.jpgimage-628.jpg
image-850.jpgimage-850.jpg

#1435 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hmmm, that not in my original. Is that on the VE?

Yea it's on the VE and not on the Original. Hope someone can tell me what the hell they are. Am I going to have to sell my playfield and buy a new one?

#1437 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Look underneath and see what's attached to them, if anything.

I did, I tried at least. It's not easy to determine but I'll give it another go tomorrow. Not knowing what it is makes it hard to figure out what I'm looking for underneath.

#1441 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Willing to bet it's a positioning lug. Just drill a hole for it.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

That is Sterns new slingshot mount. same as my STle

Thanks guys. Wondering if the new playfields for sale have the hole predrilled or come like mine did. Should I call Bay Area Amusements where I bought this playfield from and have them check, call my distributor, or call Stern directly?

#1445 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

Wonder if you could just remove the lug and not worry about drilling.

That's what I'm wondering. I think I might call Stern directly and ask.

Quoted from cwell:

How did you attach the drone to the plastic?

Robert (Hooked) provides double sides tape for his drones but he and I talked and a more secure option is to remove the plastic piece and drill two holes and screw two small screws into the holes in the figures heels. Just like what is done with Whiplash and War Machine to keep them from moving.

#1448 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Ahhh...
Grinder, are you planning on swapping this field in your IMVE or the original game? I think the post is a great idea for the kicker, I have seen mechs tear up the wood underneath on games and this will ensure the kicker arm will never have a problem.
The post is here
Are you swapping the field in AS-IS? If you are going through the trouble of a swap I would recommend getting the playfield cleared by someone good. They can add the appropriate holes.
Good idea to call Stern and ask them if there are any other differences depending on which game you are swapping the field into. Hopefully they can just tell you right off the bat if it would be wise to attempt to swap it into your IMVE.
Too bad playfields are so dang expensive now. I got my SM for $450 which I need to swap in someday. Yes I did get mine re-cleared.
SM Cleared

IMVE_KickerNut.JPG 126 KB

DSC_9852.JPG 95 KB

Thanks man. I bought that playfield when I bought my original IM. At the time, no rerun was announced so I snagged what I thought was one of the last remaining playfields with the thought that years and years from now after thousands of games I could swap a new playfield in. Mine wasnt cheap either, around $700.

Now the VE comes out and I bought it as well. I will prob either trade my modded out original (would love an ACDC) or sell it outright and keep the VE. A few things concerning the original, not just sentimental ones, make me wonder if I'll regret selling the original and keeping the VE.

I hope this playfield can indeed be used for the VE. I'm wondering if new playfields for sale come with those holes predrilled. I think I'll email Stern today or just give them a call. If anyone can shed light on that, please let me know.

#1451 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Wouldnt the playfield be more valuable to someone that owns the original IM? Im not sure I see advantage to modify it for VE when VE is so new.

Hmmm I guess but I bought it when I only had the original. I plan on keeping the VE. Yea yea I know, first world problems.

#1455 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I don't think this will be highly collectible given the current remake on demand environment

I think he is referring to the possible differences in the old and new playfields. If there are more than the one I noticed then yeah the original playfield is somewhat more rare. If the old can be easily converted to the VE or if they all come like mine and have to be drilled for that stud under the slings then I'm just keeping mine.

And I plan to get the extra playfield recleared as well.

#1457 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

that's what i was told. I haven't received any tracking confirmation nor has the shipping company contacted me at this point, so i don't know. Thanks for the offer to help out. I'll let you know if it ever gets here.

I can tell your enthusiasm and excitement is boiling over. Someone's gonna get a great deal in a month when you go to sell it.

#1459 9 years ago

It's another installment of which game is it!

Two Iron Mongers. Can you spot the Original and the Vault Edition?

image-308.jpgimage-308.jpg image-272.jpgimage-272.jpg image-885.jpgimage-885.jpg image-582.jpgimage-582.jpg
#1461 9 years ago

I wonder if the modded Monger in my Original can be wired to flash along with the call outs like the VE Monger. Maybe it requires a different type of led.

#1464 9 years ago

Ok I got some answers about the playfield differences between the Pro and the Vault Edition playfields for IM.

A Pro playfield will work with the VE. Drilling the holes for the sling stud/brace is not required. You can mount the slings like the Pro or drill the holes like VE. Future playfields will have the holes predrilled though so I asked my distributor for a price check on the VE playfields.

The Stern rep didnt know there were any differences and I had to send him the photos to prove it. Anyway, mystery solved.

Edit: new VE playfields run $725

#1479 9 years ago

I prefer mine on maximum

#1485 9 years ago

Can someone explain why my IM VE playfield has dimples all over the place and I can only find one on my IM OG? Bad clear job? Flippers too strong? Random bad luck?

#1489 9 years ago

I love that yellow idea. I alternated red and yellow on the six inserts in the back but it came out more orange so I went back to blue and red.

#1491 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New Stern playfields just seem to be dimple prone. Theories range from softer wood to clear not having enough time to cure…some games are more noticeable than others. Some dimple worse than others. I only noticed them when i had the translite off and the tube light was shining on the playfield.

So I should have held off and waited to allow the playfield to cure? Damn. Is there a theory as to how long it takes?

#1497 9 years ago

Well then screw it. Just shows I'm playing it. It's the crazy OCD perfectionist in me. I'll try to keep that side of me in check.

#1499 9 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

What's the exact setting for this in the menu as I'd like to adjust mine for more kickback from the slingshots?

You want more power? Shit mine seem to be crazy strong. I didn't know they could be adjusted, good to know. Thanks.

#1504 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Try adding some gi behind the back board to illuminate where the ramps go. Looks really nice

Very cool idea

#1507 9 years ago

I can't wait till someone puts out some quality ramp lighting so I can buy it.

#1509 9 years ago

My credit card is waiting...

#1530 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Talk about an air ball.......

IMG_7082.jpg 224 KB

Wow that's crazy. What drone is that? Kinda looks like the Marine but I can't tell. Might be the Air Assault Drone. How did you secure the figure?

#1532 9 years ago

When I get back home I'm gonna toss on a USMC on my camo'd Marine Drone's chest in white:

image-510.jpgimage-510.jpg
#1536 9 years ago

Yea blue or a soft white. Both look good.

#1563 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If i have a scratch on the inside cabinet above the playfield where mirror blades would go, how should i touch it up? seems like a flat black but im not sure.
thanks

Why not put blades or the decal there?

#1566 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Because blades and decals are too gaudy.

Haha if you say so. The five thousand dollar game with bright led lights, explosions and screams and movie animation is so subtle and not at all in your face or ostentatious. Yes, some mirror blades would def put it over the top.

#1568 9 years ago

I agree! Instead of a dull, boring black you have that vibrant decal. Very nice.

#1574 9 years ago

Going to install my colordmd and new speaker inserts tomorrow. That's the plan at least. Very excited!!

#1582 9 years ago

Man I really can't decide so I ask a few of you to help. I think I would like to spray the grill gold either way but here are the two arc reactor speaker inserts with the power on and off.

I think the left looks better turned off by far but the right one looks more like the Mark VI insert.

What say y'all?

image-521.jpgimage-521.jpg image-524.jpgimage-524.jpg
#1584 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I like the one on the left when on and the one on the right when off

Ugh me too!!

#1586 9 years ago

Well shit.....

#1592 9 years ago

Sometimes with this hobby......

Randy from colorDMD is trying to help guide me but holy hell I am having a hard time installing this thing. Did anyone do it themselves that can help me? The brackets on my colordmd don't line up with my speaker panel studs and this curved black thing won't allow the colordmd to lay down flush. WTF

image-53.jpgimage-53.jpg image-867.jpgimage-867.jpg image-19.jpgimage-19.jpg image-466.jpgimage-466.jpg
#1594 9 years ago

They are sold out. I tried to contact them and they never responded. The guys at colordmd sold me some hardware to use as a space adaptor.

#1597 9 years ago

Ok it seems like the Refinery guys had to widen the opening of that long hook in the back/bottom of the speaker panel in order to fit the colordmd in. Makes sense as I already tried doing that but didn't totally pursue it unsure if that was how they did it. I've got my colordmd up and running and although the installation may still be a work in progress, it's a badass upgrade. Love all these color options!!

image-335.jpgimage-335.jpg image-553.jpgimage-553.jpg
#1599 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you please try to capture a pic of the graphic on the DMD like Monger or whiplash animation? With the smooth option not the dots.

I'll do a bunch of pics and I'll post a video to YouTube for you. It was late when I finally got it up and running. Randy from was very helpful and patient. I still have to play with the settings and colors. There are three resolution settings: A smooth, a smooth with faint lines and the dots. I am trying to tackle the metal apron mod finally today. I'll get what you need up here soon though.

#1600 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Phone cameras really are shit aren't they

No man they look damn good. Wish they had super bands in all sizes. What site did you get them from? I use Titan pinball for my color rubbers.

#1604 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I've noticed there is a little bit of flipper coil hum on my machine when i flip or cradle a ball. Is this normal? Just curious. I've never owned a stern before and i've never scrutinized one to this level before. Not a huge fan of that. thanks.
-dave

Mine def hums too. Seems my right one especially. Not noticeable in my original.

#1616 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

After Grinder posted his pics of his IM MDM, I got a lot of orders, so I'm assuming most came from guys reading this thread (thanks Grinder!). They were temporarily sold out recently, but they are now available again!
Any other customers from this thread have alternate install locations? Did everyone install where Grinder did?

Thanks man but the credit goes to you. Great product. Easy install. Great communication. Happy to help.

Ryan

#1618 9 years ago

Test driving IM at a Pinsider's house on Monday night to see if it is for me.
I like fast, fun and shallow games like T2, HS2 and WCS, which are all in my collection. I think IM may fit that order just fine.

Get it bud! It's a rush. A fight the whole way and it's hard to stop pressing the start button.

#1619 9 years ago

So way too much time on my hands. I painted the metal red decals gold and I like the red speaker lights behind it.

image-931.jpgimage-931.jpg
#1622 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the resolution on the DMD?

I haven't forgot about you bud. Just busy with other bs. I'll get on that for you.

#1629 9 years ago

Test driving IM at a Pinsider's house on Monday night to see if it is for me.
I like fast, fun and shallow games like T2, HS2 and WCS, which are all in my collection. I think IM may fit that order just fine.

How'd the IM test run go last night? Ass still sore?

#1631 9 years ago

It was a relaxing night playing IM. The one I played had a wine glass holder on the side where I could place my chardonnay and have a sip in between balls.
Truth - It was hard work, exhausting and sweaty playing IM! It was like hitting a punching bag over and over and you feel like you are working so hard, but after you are done the bag just sits there like you did nothing. Nothing! I don't know if I even like IM and don't think IM is necessarily "fun" to play......................................I want one.
So weird!

Hahaha!! Nice! It's very addictive. Very challenging but oh so rewarding when you have a big game or make that center shot for a big jack pot. I've only scored in the 40 millions so I have a bunch of room to improve.

#1633 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the resolution on the DMD?

I tell ya, of the three styles the colordmd has to offer, it's the dots I prefer. Especially when it comes to the movie clips. The animation just isn't as detailed with the two solid options. Now the writing and the scores look great with one of the other two solid options. Would be pretty cool if the animation could remain the dots and the scoring/lettering could be solid. Been busy but plan on setting up the iPad this week and capturing some animation of all three. Either way, it's a major upgrade to the eye rape that was the LCD DMD and changing colors when I so choose is cool too.

#1635 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

What color did you go with?

Gold for now. Red, yellow or gold will prob be my go to color choices.

#1649 9 years ago

Man I just love the light show when Jericho starts. With the pop cap mod and my apron mod flashers, it's such a badass light show.

#1653 9 years ago

Just picked up mine and got it home. Swampfire is kindly helping me unbox.

Very happy and excited for you bud

#1657 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I went to My Collection to add my 2014 IM VE , I Can't ,,, Why isn't it there instead of the 2010 ?

It's the exact same game BR. No need for a duplicate. IM Pro is IM VE.

#1660 9 years ago

Just installed Steve's battle zone led mod that ties into the pop flasher. Very cool lighting effect!!

Also, IM confession, I just switched to five ball a few days ago and the game is even more fun. If it starts to get too easy I will go back to three but man I'm loving five.

#1669 9 years ago

Couldn't do it again if I tried:

image-648.jpgimage-648.jpg
#1671 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

I've done it several times. It's really annoying when one catches and the others are loose which prevents the ball search from starting.

I usually drain it right down the middle after it rises back up to clear the ball. Smh

#1673 9 years ago

Ok, as promised I have some videos of the three different options for the Colordmd. All games on five ball.

First option. Solid. Gold.

Second option. Solid with lines. Reddish color.
I moved the camera and only realized on playback that my reflection showed in the clear DMD screen. I also had some light on in the room for the first two options. That may have slightly affected visibIlity. This video is the longest and also my highest score to date.

Third option. Dots. Yellow

I prefer the dots, then the solid with lines, and the solid option last in terms of clarity of animation.

#1674 9 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Here is a pic and review of sparky's mdm mod. It is very clear and works well. I installed it close to the front of the machine so that I could see the video better. It is a very cool mod and I think this will be the beginning of having these mini tv's in games. I think it is priced accordingly though I do wish you could get it in different sizes maybe, or one that is a little bigger.here are a couple pics. I think they will be very successful for him as I am considering them for my other games as well. Take a look and see for yourself.

image.jpg 219 KB

image-495.jpg 195 KB

I like the placement. I may try it on mine. I have it a little further up on the same ramp.

image-193.jpgimage-193.jpg
#1676 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks for posting!
I think I prefer the solid.
Did you install it yourself? Was it difficult with the new speaker placement or do they sell a fitment kit?

I installed it myself. Pinbits has an adaptor but their site shows it sold out. So the guys at colordmd sold me their own adaptor hardware. After some frustration and a lot of patience from Randy at colordmd, I got it installed. The back of the speaker panel has this long curved well hook sort of object. Pull it out and you'll see what I'm talking about. The colordmd doesn't sit flush on the adaptor because of this hook. Gio at the pinball refinery said he had to use a wooden dowel and manually widen this hook just a bit in order to slide the colordmd into it rather than have it rest on it. I contacted pinbits via phone and they charged and sent me one of their adaptor a so I plan on taking the colordmd off, widening the opening and using pinbits' adaptor kit in the next day or two.

Hope this helps bud. Still a cool upgrade to the DMD that was on there.

#1681 9 years ago

Hell, blue ain't bad either....

image-212.jpgimage-212.jpg
#1682 9 years ago

Holy shit. I know I'm on five ball but screw it. Finally completed Jericho and actually made the center shot for 50 million. What a rush!!!!!

image-568.jpgimage-568.jpg
#1687 9 years ago

I brought the lanes in all the way. Don't judge me. I dropped whiplash from five to three. Don't judge me!!!

And unless that Stark Rep is Mr Stark himself, good f ing luck getting it out of my house.

#1693 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Beat each mode. Ramps , monger , war machine etc. Then make the center shot

Gotta beat each ramp too. Man, I've drained with two shots to go on a ramp. This last time, I just had one shot left and I was actually yelling out loud, Come on!!!! So pumped.

#1703 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The blue looks cool grinder (and the score). I have blue set on my Tron. Getting one for IM soon. What color do you suggest?

I surprisingly like the blue. I def like the yellow and the gold. The red is not as dark or deep as the blue. Thought about trying the white or orange color next.

#1712 9 years ago

Randy, I'm taking measurements and photos for you now. I'll text them to you

#1714 9 years ago

ACDC or anything else on the radar? You will get more in trade than selling I feel, no? Good luck in the hunt.

Got an amazing two pin deal offered to me by a badass New Yorker. Called NAVL and left a message to get a shipping quote but no one called back. Just gotta figure out how to get the capital for the deal. If I can't, I'm hoping Jody will want to trade for his ACDC once I get the armor powder coated and new red apron put on. Should be done by the weekend with those changes. Gonna bump the thread and post new pictures once it's ready. I changed out a bunch of the LEDs so the playfield is lit up a lot better. Thanks man.

All of you with ColorDmds, the owners of the pinball refinery IMs especially, I could really use your help. I'm trying to install this pinbits adaptor and the written instructions leave a lot to be desired. Some pictures or video would be amazing. I just need someone to lay down the speaker panel and show me how the adaptor was installed onto the speaker frame. I have been really good with throwing up pictures for other owners when they have had questions, I could use a few pictures sent my way please. Either posted here or just text me 901-834-6355

image-612.jpgimage-612.jpg

#1716 9 years ago

Thanks! Those pictures may do the trick.

#1723 9 years ago

Yellow ain't bad. I put a red start and yellow tournament button on mine

#1727 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Is everyone else getting major airballs every game? Especially off the drone targets up the middle? I'm pulling the glass every game or two to free balls from behind the War Machine figure.

Def some but not that often. Flippers are super strong as are the slings and yea def had one or two get stuck. Not sure why I don't have this problem with my Pro.

#1738 9 years ago

Anyone have this problem- balls coming down the right side lane hitting the top of Samuel L Jackson's slingshot rather than going to the right flipper. If the ball is going medium to slow coming down the right lane it does this and can cause another left - right ball bounce which I have to settle again. I can't give this game any more advantages it already has.
I tired to rebalance the pin and still have not gotten it fixed yet? Any tips?
Thanks

I know this thread is 37 pages deep but that issue was brought up. Doesn't do it on my Pro and I find it doing it less and less on my VE. A small nudge as it comes down was suggested. Here are some photos where that issue was discussed:

image-917.jpgimage-917.jpg
image-608.jpgimage-608.jpg
image-487.jpgimage-487.jpg

#1739 9 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm in the UK so I've had to wait a bit longer than you guys (this thread has been torture!) but my machine was finally delivered this past Wednesday. Really enjoying it, only complaints are the two catch lock down bar and the posts to support the playfield, both of which are really poor for a toy this expensive. Apart from that though I'm very happy with the game.
I've had one small issue occur twice, and I was hoping someone here may be able to help. After several games, the Iron Monger toy got stuck halfway down when dropping into the playfield. I checked and the arm that rotates to raise/lower Iron Monger had come away from the magnet slightly, and it was getting caught here on the way down. I pushed the arm back towards the motor and tightened the screw that held it in place and this resolved the issue for a while, but soon enough the same thing started happening and I had to once again push the arm back and tighten the screw. As this has happened twice so quickly I'm wondering if something came loose in shipping - would someone mind taking a couple of pics of the Iron Monger mechanism on their machine so I can compare? Would be very much appreciated!

Hope these help:

image-544.jpgimage-544.jpg image-406.jpgimage-406.jpg image-637.jpgimage-637.jpg image-966.jpgimage-966.jpg
#1743 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just wondering if there is a simple solution for Ironmonger not registering every hit? Makes the game even harder!

Oh most definitely. Check the settings, I remember once on my Pro seeing options on tweaking the sensitivity of the Monger.

#1749 9 years ago

Oh yea I love the brass hardware

#1761 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Has anyone bought the Ramp Chase Led kit ? and i want to know How much they are & R they Still available ?
» YouTube video

You know I bought it BR! Only ten were on the preorder list but maybe someone will drop out. If anyone is undecided, I gotta say, the PBR apron mod is the shit and worth every penny. The remote controlled RGB out of the middle is so great. The apron flashers interact with Whiplash. So cool!!

image-192.jpgimage-192.jpg image-807.jpgimage-807.jpg
#1765 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I was wondering if someone can scan the slingshot & return lane guide plastics & send it to joe @ laseriffic? I don't have a scanner . He'll make us some plastic protectors like the ones he made for Metallica . I think transparent red would be cool , if you wanted a different color I'm sure he could do it..
Email: [email protected]

So funny you mention plastic protectors because I just purchased some and started putting on the protectors. I think they look great clear but I have seen some for WOZ that had a green tint and looked great too. I'd def pick up a set if they were red/yellow.

image-647.jpgimage-647.jpg image-477.jpgimage-477.jpg
#1767 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Grinder , do you have a scanner ?

Yes I believe my printer has scanner capabilities. So I just scan the plastics? And what, send those files to Joe?

#1770 9 years ago

Ok I'm on it. I'll have it sent to you tonight. Thanks Joe.

#1771 9 years ago

Ok four scans have been emailed to you Joe. Just let me know if you got them and if they will work. Red or yellow tinted protectors would prob look awesome.

Honestly I would be curious how some kick ass Iron Man artwork would look on top of the staring faces of Scarlett and Samuel. Maybe when Aurich takes a breather he will turn his attention towards this great game and come up with all kinds of decals and designs for us.

#1773 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Grinder, thanks for the scanning those for Joe.

No prob man, happy to help. Anything to improve IM

#1775 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Hmm , red or yellow ? maybe both...?

Having options is a great thing. I'd buy a set of each

#1776 9 years ago

Wait, was I to scan the clear plastic protectors or the actual plastic pieces from the playfield? I scanned the plastic protectors.

#1778 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Email him & tell him you scanned the protectors, so he doesn't make them too big.

Ok, I emailed him. I thought it would be best to scan the plastic protectors so he can just take those measurements instead of scanned colored pieces and have to add a bit on each side on his own. I can scan whatever he needs though, no prob.

#1780 9 years ago

That's just scary fast Joe. Thanks for all you do.

As a side note, these plastic protectors come in sets of ten pieces for IM. Some pieces of plastic didnt seem to warrant a protector. Wonder why not. Ball not traveling fast enough in those areas to damage plastics?

#1786 9 years ago

Very cool to do that. I do not know of too many pins that a new player or younger player can get a low score on, but still start up a multi ball or two and have a blast on.
You have been an IM fan of a long time. Glad you got one and enjoy sharing it with others.
I want to see what Grinder trades one of his 2 IM for.

Probably an Avengers LE. I love ACDC but fear the family getting sick of the songs quick. Huge fan of their music though. I am an Iron Man fan and also a huge Avengers/West Coast Avengers fan. Tons of comics and toys for that superhero team. AvLe gets a bad rap and truthfully I don't have much time on the game but I love it just on theme alone. Also, it being difficult isn't a turn off and sounds like a fun alternative to my IM. We will see though,

#1792 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What would you guys say is a good price for a HUO IMVE? All stock with mirror blades added? I have mine listed locally at $4500 and have zero interest, a little bit surprised. Am I too high?

So many good games out or on the horizon. TWD is casting a huge shadow right now. I think it's a very good price. It's not the price man. It's all about timing. Good luck.

#1800 9 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

So pissed! Finally got to do or die on the first ball, just waiting for Whiplash multiball to end when I notice one of the led bulbs down below the flippers. It falls into the ball through and must have hung the balls up because when I drain and have one ball left cradled on my flipper, the game still thinks there are 2 balls in play and won't go into do or die mode. Even when I drain the last ball the game still thinks more balls are in play. Had to shut it down and open it up to clear the blockage. F$#@(*&^&%%#@!

Oh man I've been there, game of the week and a loose led falls through. Sorry man that sucks!

#1808 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I noticed today when playing that the Mark lights stay on from ball to ball, but when I read the rules online it stated that the Marks all have to be earned during one ball or they start over. It does show these rules as V1.4. Did this change in newer software? And how does everyone prefer to play it? Thanks.

Marks have got to carry over. Man it's hard enough as it is.

#1816 9 years ago

Just wanted to throw this out as a protector for your magnets, KAWYDUD makes some badass vinyl magnet protectors that he can customize with size and color options. Great price too. If interested, throw him a PM.

#1835 9 years ago

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I could have walked to Joe's house and picked these by now. Damn mail service. I don't usually have problems with deliveries. Wondering if they floated away during a flood somewhere between there and here.

#1838 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Grinder , did you get your protectors ? I got a yellow set I'm going to test .

I sure did. I am out of town till tomorrow evening. I put a few of them on:
image-570.jpgimage-570.jpg
image-68.jpgimage-68.jpg

#1843 9 years ago

Wow. Well done man!

1 month later
#1866 9 years ago

Oh yea, that is a bad spot for wear. I throw mylar on there when I get my games. Let us know what Stern says.

#1875 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Why would they send you new balls?? In any case you don't want the balls Stern uses anyway.
This is normal wear and not visible.. Dont worry about it

What's so bad about Stern balls?

1 week later
#1891 9 years ago

FYI- I am selling some Iron Man mods. Both badass modded figures are left. Inside cabinet decal too. Rai expressed some interest. Get back at me man.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-iron-man-mods-for-sale

#1899 9 years ago

BR, I'm sure you already have yours put on but here's how mine look:

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-725.jpgimage-725.jpg
image-531.jpgimage-531.jpg

#1902 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Where do you buy these?
Mike

I think pinballlife.com has them bud

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

image-193.jpgimage-193.jpg
#1903 9 years ago

Man I had a busy ass day too. I got the ramp lights installed. Wow! Kickass.

#1906 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Thanks! I want RED ones like yours! Ha! Damn! You don't do nothin' halfway!!!
Mike

Haha thanks man. I don't have 11 pins like you so I over mod the two that I have. Pinball Refinery sold me a complete set of powder coated armor including these rails.

Ryan

#1915 9 years ago

You could put a post in between the flippers and it still wouldn't lengthen ball times. Don't do it of course, just saying.

1 week later
#1917 9 years ago

Super bands all the way. Bring the lanes all the way in. It'll still kick your ass man.

#1923 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hate super bands on flippers, like them on posts. Keep outlanes stock!!! Don't cheapen the experience of IM!

Different strokes. Super bands look better and seem to have a great life span. IM, even with the lanes closed, will lose a ton of balls off the sides from the slings. Then you have Monger's magnet throwing it straight down the middle sometimes or War Machine rocketing the ball down between the flippers or shit I could go on. IM is still plenty much of a challenge with bands changed and lanes closed. But I'm not the purist that you are as evidenced by my over the top modded IM.

2 weeks later
#1953 9 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Last Saturday it finally arrived. IMVE! really like the fact it's a good match with my ST Premium.
Anyone knows where I can buy the side blades (the orange/blue lines one) ? saw them somewhere in a post but cannot find them anymore.

Heres a thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-custom-inside-decals

And a website: http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/

6 months later
#1965 8 years ago

I have the customized ramp lights on mine. I can tell you it does not detract from the game or make me less of a player. The game is still tough and fun. Maybe more fun with the extra light show. Just my two cents but making an opinion based on a YouTube video instead in person isn't the most informed opinion.

I don't have the extra GI or light strips of the video so I can't truly comment on how it plays either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here?tu=grinder901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.