IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhalem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 9 years ago

Ordered, paid, and even have the cliffy's on the way!

#167 9 years ago

I've been making my own mylar protectors. The stuff is like $0.50 sq ft and with a $10 circle cutter you can make them all day. Also good for the shooter lane, etc.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

The replacement of the playfield slides with those stupid posts is probably my biggest complaint with the "new" Stern games. The slides are a must have if you plan on doing anything under the PF with the power on! In fact I'd love to have the Woz slides on all my games. Pretty sure you could use a Woz playfield as a toboggan if you had to. No, I don't have a Woz but for the record I would if I could.

In general, I find the stern playfield lift mechanism a lot worse than the WMS one. I haven't owned a game with posts yet so I don't have an opinion yet. It looks pretty easy to swap it to the old rails, right?

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Where can we buy the Mylar now?

Go to office depot, buy some adhesive laminating sheets, cut a circle. Done!

1 week later
#391 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You guys WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! I brought home the one from CAX and wow! It's a fast, unpredictable, adrenaline pumping game, and the VE looks fantastic.

Congrats. I didn't realize Gio was selling it. Hope you wiped off my drool

I'm hoping to get the word on my any day now.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Nice! I was looking @ that game yesterday. Congrats! the side art decals really needs to be seen in person to see how good it looks. Are all the GI bulbs 44?

I sure hope so. I picked up a bunch of bulbs from Nifty in anticipation of changing out all the white.

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

What can be the argument? 1 possibly is the printed vs. decaled cab argument but from what I am hearing the new "foil" decal treatment is amazing.

It doesn't matter. Someone will find a reason. The new backbox and trim, the playfield supports, something. People who paid $6500 for an original have to make themselves feel better somehow.

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The original had the same playfield support pegs.

I guess we're down to the backbox then. I guess you also got to add your own cliffys and magnet protectors. I'm sad I'm missing out on that.

#535 9 years ago

Man, I'm jealous. I haven't gotten any word on when mine is shipping.

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do you think we need these? How about cliffy magnets? I heard they had mylar around them on this version so they may not be needed. Thoughts?

I like them just because they get rid of the ugly fender washers. I didn't know Martin made them for IM. Ordered!

#581 9 years ago

The clear washers are a nice idea.

Count me in the camp that likes the look. Also I like supporting Martin, who is a real asset to this community.

#584 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What about magnet protectors? Still needed even with the mylar?

I would stick with the mylar. I don't like the way the magnet protectors look or work. There's also a lot of reports of them coming off.

#622 9 years ago

Looks like mine left Stern yesterday with a Wednesday ETA

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Mine shipped yesterday as well - via Roadrunner - not sure when it's arriving but maybe Wednesday too I guess?

Roadrunner here too. They're probably on the same truck.

#699 9 years ago

For the bay area people: mine just made it to the terminal in Livermore. Still says tomorrow for the ETA.

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Poor poor Californians. It's nice to live near the spawn point... been playing for a week and a half already. Yea, gotta rub it in a little..

You'll get no jealousy from me. Getting a pinball machine a couple days early wouldn't soothe the pain of living in the middle.

#733 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

2) the driver was staring at her ass the whole time as she was bent over to cut around the bottom

Pics or it didn't happen

#790 9 years ago

Mine arrived about 2pm today. Born-on data of 7/17. Same birthday as my dad .

Looks great. Set it up and played a quick game, but I haven't got it to the final spot or leveled it.

#974 9 years ago

I spray painted some old flipper bats with the gold I used on my TOTAN lamp and then put red superbands on(sorry for the glass-on pic):

20140724_192043.jpg20140724_192043.jpg
#976 9 years ago

A good clearcoat job runs $350-$500, plus shipping if it isn't happening locally.

#982 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You are serious about Iron Man.
I'd like to reiterate how glad I am that Stern opened the vault. I had played IM three times in my life before I got my VE. I really was not overly impressed. But since I've had the new game I've played like 30 games so far which is a lot for me. I am starting to understand why people really love it.

I completely agree. Maybe it's the honeymoon period, but I like this game way more than my ST Pro. I think that one may be going up for sale.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I'd wait for the ST code update before making that decision.

You're probably right, I just hate being in the "Stern, where's my code?" club.

#997 9 years ago

I have both ST pro and SM. I really prefer SM. The code is a lot more finished. I've gotten to super-hero multiple times and the modes and challenges are a lot more interesting than ST's "chase the color" modes.

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm gonna try and tackle the metal apron mod today and the pop cap mods tomorrow. It's a mod, mod world.

Curious to see how that goes. The apron is on my list.

#1063 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

One minor issue with mine. The translite is pretty loose in the head. Shakes too much when you nudge. Anybody else experiencing this?

Mine too. A little weatherstripping foam tape took care of it.

#1144 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You tell me ? I just used math .

The real question is whether the serial numbers are truly serial. A lot of companies encode additional data into the number.

#1201 9 years ago

Is the only difference on the new board the header on J3? That would be easy enough to add.

#1304 9 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

My war machine just stopped firing back at me. I know someone else had the same problem. Did they resolve it? My mini board under the playfield is not lit. when I play with the connector the lights on the board flash. Bad solder joint? Stern is sending me a new one but I'm curious if the other guy with this problem fixed his.

Did you test both the solenoid and the opto?

#1324 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

anyone able to put a cliffy shooter lane protector on?

Yup. Easy.

2 weeks later
#1623 9 years ago

Here's my DIY modded IMVE. I've made my own LED backbox with color coordinated flashers, apron lights, under cab lights, color matched inserts, redone GI, colored flashers, EL wire whips.

I used the Refinery powder coated armor and apron, the rest of the mods are mine:

#1670 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Couldn't do it again if I tried:

image-648.jpg 149 KB

I've done it several times. It's really annoying when one catches and the others are loose which prevents the ball search from starting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhalem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here?tu=dhalem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.