IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cwell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 9 years ago

Almost pulled the trigger on MMr, but figured for the price (or close to it) I could get IM VE, sell my T2 and get a HUO ACDC Prem or LOTR. So I'm in! Second pin purchase and first NIB. Very excited.

#164 9 years ago

What Cliffy's do I need to buy for IM? I was looking on his site and he only has 1 ramp protector for it. In the description he says "One thing Stern left out on early runs was a protector for the right side of the ramp entrance." Does this mean later models had them installed at the factory? Will VE have them?

#180 9 years ago

I really like the look of the new speaker panel compared to the old. Wish we had pics of the playfield. Thought for sure we'd see something new today.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is anyone picking their game up at Stern this week?

I heard US production is starting the 10th. I'm hoping someone will get theirs Friday/Saturday and take pics for everyone.

#199 9 years ago

That's what I was told today from someone at Game Exchange (wasn't JJ). "Production" doesn't start till the 10th.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Umm... I will be very sad if that's true.

How many pins can Stern churn out a day?

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I just got off the phone with JJ at Game Exchange and he said that they are starting shipping today. (Wednesday) I just paid for mine in full and am very pumped to finally be getting an IM.

Confirmed. Guess the 10th info from someone else was not valid. He probably meant coming in the 10th, but he specifically said US production wouldn't start till the 10th. Oh well, great news for us!

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not to be a Jack ass (pun) but could you imagine if you were on the WoZ LE list and saw them start shipping a year ago but were still waiting?

I'm having a hard time waiting and they'll be at my house next week. Doesn't help that I'm getting MET Pro at the same time. I'm so friggin geeked right now.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

I'm having a hard time waiting and they'll be at my house next week. Doesn't help that I'm getting MET Pro at the same time. I'm so friggin geeked right now.

Quoted from rai:

Nice combo, I say they have some similar aspects but the rules seem much deeper or complex for met.

So the big question is, which game do I play first?

#282 9 years ago

its been 17 minutes, whats taking so long for the pics?

#325 9 years ago

keep reading... he wasn't being a dick.

"because the rest of the machine flat out blows the old one away in the new cabinet. "

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

IM fans don't need to get hung up on original or remake. It's still a bad ass game with some differences. It doesn't have to divide us.

#365 9 years ago

Is it Tuesday yet?

#379 9 years ago

Anyone getting theirs today? I'm officially 24hrs away and counting every minute.

I've got one external sub I'd like to hookup to either MET Pro or IM. MET Pro is the obvious choice isn't it? Are external subs plug and play?

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Super jealous here. I haven't gotten "the call" yet...

I need it to get here cause I haven't been able to focus on work since I've ordered it. I just sit here on pinside until I'm forced to work. I keep watching the same IM and MET videos on youtube. Something is wrong with me.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What sub are you using? I use the 10" polk and can hook 2 pins up to one sub. You can play both pins at the same time and it sounds great.

It's a 10" Onkyo from my old home theater system. Bought it back when Circuit City was still around so it's old. Unfortunately the pins wont be right next to each other. They are in the same room but on opposite ends. I won't be able to have an official "game room" until my kids start going to college.

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

We sell a plug n play audio out board to hook up a powered sub to any stern Sam board.
$35 includes free shipping in the USA and wiring. If you purchase our headphone kit it's now built in as part of the package minus the wiring. For those who want just the sub kit we have that ready to ship, just not up on my site yet.
Thanks
Lorenzo

Thanks, checking out the site right now.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No Pin for you!

I get what you did there.

#538 9 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Daughter loves met pro!

Thanks JJ, very happy with the transaction. Played till midnight last night going back and forth between the two. IM is definitely going to make me learn how to nudge. Damn those outlanes are rough.

image-140.jpgimage-140.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#541 9 years ago

My mom's watching my daughter today so I went home for lunch to see them. When I got there my daughter runs up to me, bounces up and down and says "I wanna play pinball, pinball, pinball." So after lunch I showed my mom how to turn them on and off and told her a little bit about the rules. Watched my daughter get Monger multiball (on medium) which made me smile. Then as I was leaving I heard my mom ask Katelyn which one she was going to play because she was going to play the other one. Definitely made my day.

photo3.JPGphoto3.JPG

#543 9 years ago

Stealing a page out of Grinders book. Here's my recent ebay purchases. Going to take a while to fill a wall...
ironman.pngironman.png

#564 9 years ago

Installed the Stern shaker motor last night. Is there any way to turn the power down a bit? I didn't see anything on the motor itself and I changed the setting to medium in the menus. This just changed when the motor went off but it's still too powerful and obnoxious. Feels like the whole house is shaking and it's really loud.

Thanks.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Here are a few of my fav. Some even fit the them of the pin too.

Those are sweet. Really like those first three. I'm going to have to find one of those war machine ones. Where can you buy new comics? Do they sell them at grocery stores?

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ha, if you don't like it throw it my way, I'll trade you a bunch of my comics for the shaker

theres got to be a way to turn it down a bit. The rattle and vibration noise is louder than the game sounds and really takes away from the game. I've played a Tron with a shaker and you couldn't hear it.

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If it bugs you that Much and it's turned all the way down in the menu options the only other thing you can do is re align the weights on the shaker... Pull the plastic cover off the shaker un bolt the weight on one side and turn it so it's 180 degrees off from the other weight this will dramatically reduce the shaking.

image-253.jpg 39 KB

thanks i'll give it a try. im going to install one in met pro tonight so I'll see if there's a difference on that one.

#587 9 years ago

found this thread thought I'd post it here in case any new VE owners have similar shaker motor rattling issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-stop-the-shaker-motor-cabinet-rattle

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know why their production slowed?

They had to retrain their employees on how to put stickers right side up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#709 9 years ago

This makes me feel better about myself. Even the pros get their asses kicked by IM.

#867 9 years ago

Part of Iron Man's allure is how difficult it is to get Jericho and Do or Die. I love/hate it when Monger throws the ball right down the center and wipes out all my progress. I just say... nice shot monger... nice shot. Then I hit the start button again.

The only one that pisses me off is when Whiplash catches it the first time, the animation plays, then it goes straight down the middle. F that!

#870 9 years ago

i remember reading somewhere that the newer code compressed the animations. can someone explain why they did that and if there is a way to add more memory and decompress them?

#871 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I knew that would get some feedback.
My game. My rules. As I get better, I may switch it back. Or I won't.

Careful, you might get kicked out of the Adrenaline Junkies club.

#960 9 years ago

How do you start Do or Die? I had all characters lit but it never started.

#962 9 years ago

Damn this game is fun! As of right now I like it a little more than my MET Pro. Finally got the shaker motor dialed in and it doesn't rattle any more. It definitely integrates the shaker better than MET.

Do you guys have a strategy when you play or do you just fly by the seat of your pants and try not to drain?

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yep I bought them. I think they will match the speaker decal wonderfully. I will be putting them on mine in the coming days. I'll post pictures.

How durable are they? I'd be scared to scratch them when you lift the playfield up.

#968 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Started at center spinner.
I was curious if you have DOD and Jereco both ready what happens when you hit center spinner?

Cool, probably be another month before I get all the characters lit again but I'll give it a try.

#978 9 years ago

how much was the playfield?

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

I completely agree. Maybe it's the honeymoon period, but I like this game way more than my ST Pro. I think that one may be going up for sale.

I'd wait for the ST code update before making that decision.

#1072 9 years ago

Got to Jericho last night. Was a little disappointed that the animation played but he didn't say "for your consideration...the Jericho"

#1073 9 years ago

Is War Machine multiball the only one where you can add a ball by hitting WM?

#1079 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every so often it'll get cancelled out by another sound clip that was running when it started. This is pretty common in pinball sound, actually.

Yeah I've had it happen with other sounds, like whiplash animations but to have it happen on my first time getting to Jericho it was disappointing. They should do a quick code update to put priority on some of those animations.

#1093 9 years ago
Quoted from TavaLee:

What's the trick to sliding these playfields back in after servicing? Can't use the same technique with these silly posts that's on this pin. Do I have to wait for a second person? Patience not my forte. Thanks.

When you get to a sticking point try lowering it fairly low and get it over the hump slowly, then raise it up a little to clear the plunger coil.

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm more interested in removing the entire playfield to out these decals on the sides. How hard is it to take out? Def a two man job right?

I've seen a video where a guy removes one by himself but he had one of those pinball jacks (removed the legs) and lowered it all the way. If you don't have that, go with two people instead.

#1095 9 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Is the default for the outlane posts the 3rd hole down from the top as that's how mine are set right out of the box? I see there's 4 holes there so wanted to check. I never move these around as I prefer the factory settings so I wanted to see if this is where most of you guys leave yours. Thanks.

pretty sure factory is 3 holes down. I'm thinking about moving my left down one and keeping my right at factory. that left side is a bitch and nudging doesn't seem to help.

#1125 9 years ago

have you guys seen the Modfathers Candy Apple shooter rods? look pretty nice. I'll probably end up getting one soon.

#1158 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't know if there is another pin that benefits more from adding a subwoofer than IM! Tron is up there, but I still think IM may take the cake.

How about MET Pro? I've only got one sub right now and trying to decide which one it should go on.

#1260 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

How about MET Pro? I've only got one sub right now and trying to decide which one it should go on.

Tried both out and I'm going to have to disagree.

MET sub > IM sub

but

IM shaker >>>>>>>>>>>> MET shaker

#1261 9 years ago

Side note: As I was testing the sub I had all characters lit except warmachine. Hit warmachine and started the multiball, got markVI, then both balls drained at the same time... no DOD for me. Next ball I get Jericho and fail miserably. Curse you Iron Man!

What nudge technique do you guys use? At first I was nudging left and right and sometimes up with very little success (left outlane). Then I discovered the pull down and to the right nudge and wow what a difference.

I'm finding it a lot easier to nudge with these Sterns than it was with my T2. That thing was a tank and I really thought I liked the feel of Williams over Sterns. Just felt more "solid." Now I'm starting to think I have more ball control with Sterns and like the feel better.

#1294 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I sure will. I just ordered it and will post pics when I install it. Trying to find the perfect spot for it now.

might work above the ground assault drone target

#1326 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

does it slide under the left metal rail? Do you need to loosen that or will it slide under?

That rail is pretty tight, I had to loosen mine to get it under there.

#1331 9 years ago

#1416 9 years ago

newb question. why not just sand the legs/rails and paint them red? Will the paint not hold up over time?

#1442 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Willing to bet it's a positioning lug. Just drill a hole for it.

Wonder if you could just remove the lug and not worry about drilling.

#1443 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Just for sh*ts and giggles
Before and After with my modded Marine Drone:

How did you attach the drone to the plastic?

#1444 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I moved the outlanes in, and while it's good for my wife and kids, it's not good for me. Way too easy. I dont know the game very well, but reached Jericho in the first 2 of three games since moving the lanes in, scores were 40, 80 and 99 mil on three ball, I'm assuming those are pretty high scores. I would have had a higher score on the 99 mil game, but monger seemed to malfunction and only went down a quarter of the way, preventing me from hitting the center shot and left ramp. Anyone else have an issue with him?

I thought about moving the left one in but ended up leaving it. Family and friends don't seem to mind. Had four player "tourney" going and they were in the 2-8 mil range and I was usually in the 20-40 mil range. Someone had to show them how to do it.

The only time Monger has stuck is when he's going down and I smash his face. The ball gets wedged in there and wont release until I lose all the other balls or wedge another one in there and the lost ball sequence raises him up again.

2 weeks later
#1626 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why is it that I can make center shot 3 times in a row from the left flipper, but when I need it for DOD it's impossible from either flipper?

Ask Scott Norwood.

center shot from the left flipper is a biyach. i always hit a drone or it rattles in the center shot then SDTM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cwell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here?tu=cwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.