Topic Stats

• 1,983 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 457 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-979.jpg
image-670.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-531.jpg
image-725.jpg
image.jpg
1415678162262.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

There are 1983 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 40.
#1951 4 years ago

Can anyone point out the difference between code 1.81 and 1.83.. I updated a few days ago and really don't see any difference?

#1952 4 years ago

V 01.83 - 19-August-2014
====================
System Changes:
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5352-00 need to use V1.83_VE code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.83 code.
- CPU Part #520-5352-00 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.83 & V1.83_VE
- Ticket redemption has been added to Ironman game

V 01.82 - 17-July-2014
====================
System Changes:
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5352-00 need to use V1.81 code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.82 code.
- CPU Part #520-5352-00 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.81 & V1.

so no game rule changes. only "Ticket redemption has been added to Ironman game" in 1.83

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Last Saturday it finally arrived. IMVE! really like the fact it's a good match with my ST Premium.
Anyone knows where I can buy the side blades (the orange/blue lines one) ? saw them somewhere in a post but cannot find them anymore.

Heres a thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-custom-inside-decals

And a website: http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/

#1954 4 years ago

I had a Stern seller tell me that the VE run is over. He said Stern had 42 left at the time and the dealers bought them up. I am glad I am able to own one through the VE release.

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Last Saturday it finally arrived. IMVE! really like the fact it's a good match with my ST Premium.
Anyone knows where I can buy the side blades (the orange/blue lines one) ? saw them somewhere in a post but cannot find them anymore.

Enjoy it! I just got ST Pro 3 weeks ago and with IM that is a really good 2 pin collection.

#1956 4 years ago

1) To get 2x Do or Die you hit the 7 IM Stand-Up Targets (after 5 characters lit), have a specified amount of time to hit center shot to active DoD then hit center shot again?

2) Is it possible to get higher then 2x DoD? If so, how?

Thanks

3 months later
#1957 4 years ago

Want folks to know that I have one plug and play Pinduino kit available for IM ready to be shipped:

2 months later
#1958 4 years ago

Iron man ve question...I added ewire whips to friends IM VE. Says chest led is no longer lit. I must have missed this. What did I unplug by accident? Must be something little as I never saw it when I removed the plastic stand and then put back. Thanks!

#1959 4 years ago

Seriously awesome IM lightshow: Pinduino is used to control the ramp lights, GI, and LED strips on the apron/backpanel.

Step-by-step instructions to make this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ultimate-color-changing-gi-interactive-with-gameplay

#1960 4 years ago

That light show is awful for actually playing pinball. It's like the if the WOZ attract mode ran during gameplay. Way, way, way too much. Would make a pretty cool xmas display, I guess.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That light show is awful for actually playing pinball. It's like the if the WOZ attract mode ran during gameplay. Way, way, way too much. Would make a pretty cool xmas display, I guess.

You obviously are a grandma: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-aint-your-grandmas-gi

#1962 4 years ago

I'm a pinball player. That GI sucks for playing.

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm a pinball player. That GI sucks for playing.

thank you for that informative and useful contribution to the discussion

anyway, I think it looks awesome

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I think it looks awesome

And thank you for that equally informative and useful contribution to the discussion.

Look, I get it, negative feedback is frowned upon. I'm a bad guy or something.

I think it looks awesome too! But only for like, looking. People who want to program and tinker and doll up their games aren't always in line with those whose primary ambition is to actually play pinball. It's okay. Skittles for some, Jericho for others.

#1965 4 years ago

I have the customized ramp lights on mine. I can tell you it does not detract from the game or make me less of a player. The game is still tough and fun. Maybe more fun with the extra light show. Just my two cents but making an opinion based on a YouTube video instead in person isn't the most informed opinion.

I don't have the extra GI or light strips of the video so I can't truly comment on how it plays either.

#1966 4 years ago

Custom ramps, GI, No GI, it's still the best game on the planet.

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I think it looks awesome

Many thanks. Lots of fun work putting this together and making instructions so others can do the same. If you want to make this, here are step-by-step instructions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ultimate-color-changing-gi-interactive-with-gameplay

If you do this, definitely let me know if you have any questions.

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Seriously awesome IM lightshow: Pinduino is used to control the ramp lights, GI, and LED strips on the apron/backpanel.
» YouTube video

It's cool, but I also think it is a bit too much over the top.

Rob

#1969 4 years ago

Since DOD multiball is so highly improbable for anyone to achieve, should rules on something like this be changed so it has some chance of attainability?

Rob

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Since DOD multiball is so highly improbable for anyone to achieve, should rules on something like this be changed so it has some chance of attainability?
Rob

I wish, even if it were a menu setting to lessen the requirement *somewhat* at least it would be a goal. Now it's not even something I think about as being possible (by me).

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Definitely needs to be toned way down. It's not even on my radar when I play.

#1972 4 years ago

I posted something to their facebook page stating they could update the code for this part of the game.... Can't hurt anyhow to ask...

Rob

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Definitely needs to be toned way down. It's not even on my radar when I play.

IM is an amazing pin. My only hope is that in the future someone with some programming skills can make a "home version" rom.

My dream would be : IMVE2 2.0
Add a super skill shot/shots of somekind.
A extra ball feature that is not score based or mystery award.
And change the dots to drawn comic style dots. Kinda like xmen. Instead of the pixelated movie shots.

I think DOD. And jericho are great wizard modes.
Yes DOD MB is pretty much never gonna happen.
But its there, and there is always that one impossible thing to try to achieve.

It would make a near perfect game. PERFECT!
But it's great as is.

Out of all the pins I've had over the years its the one I like the best. And can't see ever selling it.

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

IM is an amazing pin. My only hope is that in the future someone with some programming skills can make a "home version" rom.
My dream would be : IMVE2 2.0
Add a super skill shot/shots of somekind.
A extra ball feature that is not score based or mystery award.
And change the dots to drawn comic style dots. Kinda like xmen. Instead of the pixelated movie shots.
I think DOD. And jericho are great wizard modes.
Yes DOD MB is pretty much never gonna happen.
But its there, and there is always that one impossible thing to try to achieve.
It would make a near perfect game. PERFECT!
But it's great as is.
Out of all the pins I've had over the years its the one I like the best. And can't see ever selling it.

I agree with the need for a super skill shot. The current skill shot is a bit of an oxymoron - it takes no skill at all.

Rob

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

» YouTube video

Late to party on this great thread! lyonsden, noticed in your video what looks to be where you playfield has color changing GI throughout your game play. How did you go about doing this? Very cool! Thanks!

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Late to party on this great thread! lyonsden, noticed in your video what looks to be where you playfield has color changing GI throughout your game play. How did you go about doing this? Very cool! Thanks!

Here is a link to step-by-step instructions to build it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ultimate-color-changing-gi-interactive-with-gameplay.

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

» YouTube video

Instructions for making this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ultimate-color-changing-gi-interactive-with-gameplay

#1979 4 years ago

how does whiplash chest light?

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree with the need for a super skill shot. The current skill shot is a bit of an oxymoron - it takes no skill at all.
Rob

It does if you disable the back post in the menu. Makes it a real skill shot! Also adds a lot of flow with every orbit shot being a true full orbit shot with the ball flying back at you......try it.

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

how does whiplash chest light?

It doesn't unless you drill his chest and add an LED.

#1982 4 years ago

My friend thought his was lit before I added e wire. Should I kill him

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

My friend thought his was lit before I added e wire. Should I kill him

Iron Monger comes with a lit chest on the VE. Whiplash does not. Just look at the toy..if there's an LED in his chest, it was modded to light.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 1983 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside