IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 40.
#151 9 years ago

Pinballbrowser for the win.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pinballbrowser for the win.

I wish I knew how to use it...I'm a dum-dum ....I'd like to make a request though - if it's possible to rip new video & replace the old one, I'd love to see a new match sequence. There's a scene right at the start of Iron Man 3 where he's putting his new suit on...he says "I'm the best." ...then a piece of his suit hits him in the back and it all falls apart.

#153 9 years ago

Yea I wish I knew how to use it too. Need my bud Richard to come and hook it up. More call outs! More music!! More Iron Man!!

#154 9 years ago

Too bad Terrance Howard didn't continue on with the rest of the films.

#155 9 years ago

I wasn't impressed with either actor honestly.

Terrance Howard honestly is too effeminate, soft for the Rhodes/War Machine role.

This is the guy that was perfect for that role:

image-413.jpgimage-413.jpg
#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Terrance Howard honestly is too effeminate, soft for the Rhodes/War Machine role.

What?

TerrenceHoward.jpgTerrenceHoward.jpg

#157 9 years ago

I rest my case.

#158 9 years ago

Waiting for my IM VALUT too. Immediately purchased it 8 hours after the announcement on Sterns Facebook……..3 days later I told my wife!!! ))

I already have all Cliffys ready for it when it arrives. I ordered those the same day I ordered the IM. I will not dare to play one SINGLE game without the cliffys installed!!!

#159 9 years ago

We think they will start shipping to the states this week?

#160 9 years ago

Added to my pinside collection on my profile page today....now just waiting to put it in my collection in my home...

#161 9 years ago

Want Video of the Lightning new Stuff and Toys C'moooonnnnnnnn

#162 9 years ago

Maybe stern will throw us a bone and show some better pics or a better vid tomorrow.

#163 9 years ago

Almost pulled the trigger on MMr, but figured for the price (or close to it) I could get IM VE, sell my T2 and get a HUO ACDC Prem or LOTR. So I'm in! Second pin purchase and first NIB. Very excited.

#164 9 years ago

What Cliffy's do I need to buy for IM? I was looking on his site and he only has 1 ramp protector for it. In the description he says "One thing Stern left out on early runs was a protector for the right side of the ramp entrance." Does this mean later models had them installed at the factory? Will VE have them?

#165 9 years ago

Great question, I'm wondering the same thing. I would also get the universal ball drop / switch slot (2) and shooter lane protector. Any comments on magnet ring (metal or mylar) protection would be appreciated.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Great question, I'm wondering the same thing. I would also get the universal ball drop / switch slot (2) and shooter lane protector. Any comments on magnet ring (metal or mylar) protection would be appreciated.

Use Mylar around the magnet, do not use the cliffys there. It makes a lip that messes with the ball flow and can possibly pull the clear if you try to remove. I love cliffys protectors, but never around magnets.

#167 9 years ago

I've been making my own mylar protectors. The stuff is like $0.50 sq ft and with a $10 circle cutter you can make them all day. Also good for the shooter lane, etc.

#168 9 years ago

I told him to send me an all in one package for IM and I got the shooter lane protector kit, 2 protectors for the magnets, the right ramp protector and 2 ball drop protectors for the inlane switches.
I have not used those magnet protectors before so I have no experience on the consequences. So if it is better not to use the cliffys magnet protectors and use mylar instead I will probably not install them. Thanks for the tip.

#169 9 years ago

Is anyone picking their game up at Stern this week?

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I told him to send me an all in one package for IM and I got the shooter lane protector kit, 2 protectors for the magnets, the right ramp protector and 2 ball drop protectors for the inlane switches.
I have not used those magnet protectors before so I have no experience on the consequences. So if it is better not to use the cliffys magnet protectors and use mylar instead I will probably not install them. Thanks for the tip.

Do not use cliffy magnet protectors, I don't even know why he sells them.

Ball drop protectors 'meh' had on Tron, they can hang up the ball occasionally, I mean a slow rolling ball might hang up on a thin piece of metal it did happen from time to time so I removed them. IMO there is not enough wear to warrant having a ball hang up.

#171 9 years ago

Some magnet protectors work better than others. Sparky doesn't work, I think most have discovered that, but the met coffin lock is solid as, and Dock Ock is good, to name a couple. Seven different machines all with ball drop protectors in the return lanes and not a single hang up, ever. All going in my IM from day one. Love the Cliffy

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

where did you get it?

I got mine at Dirt Cheap Trading from Jason. Originally tried at GEX, but JJ was sold out. Jason is a good guy though, I bought my Star Trek Premium from him as well.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I'm not sure I really need them or not. How often do I plan on having to be under the playfield on a NIB pin after initial tuning? Hopefully, not that much.

The replacement of the playfield slides with those stupid posts is probably my biggest complaint with the "new" Stern games. The slides are a must have if you plan on doing anything under the PF with the power on! In fact I'd love to have the Woz slides on all my games. Pretty sure you could use a Woz playfield as a toboggan if you had to. No, I don't have a Woz but for the record I would if I could.

As far as the decal debate goes, do all you guys making noises about it plan on putting IMVE on the end of your row of games? Do you play with the lights on? Do you frequently cradle the ball then lean over to ogle the side of the game? Just wondering. I only have two NIB games and one is on the end but the other one is packed right next to that one and you can't really see the side art. I suppose if I only had a handful of games I'd want the side art to look as good as possible... I'll probably put my IMVE on the other end of the row.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

The replacement of the playfield slides with those stupid posts is probably my biggest complaint with the "new" Stern games. The slides are a must have if you plan on doing anything under the PF with the power on! In fact I'd love to have the Woz slides on all my games. Pretty sure you could use a Woz playfield as a toboggan if you had to. No, I don't have a Woz but for the record I would if I could.

In general, I find the stern playfield lift mechanism a lot worse than the WMS one. I haven't owned a game with posts yet so I don't have an opinion yet. It looks pretty easy to swap it to the old rails, right?

#175 9 years ago

My understanding is that IM is a solid game that doesn't require a lot of love to keep running. After you dial it in I doubt you'll need the hood up that much. I put the service rails on my tron but I don't have the play field in the out position much at all. Seems if you are careful you could pocket the $55.

#176 9 years ago

on my last IM I put up over 1000 games using the pinballpal magnet protectors and you still could not see them and no signs of wear.
http://www.pinballpal.com/stealth/#Playfield

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

on my last IM I put up over 1000 games using the pinballpal magnet protectors and you still could not see them and no signs of wear.
http://www.pinballpal.com/stealth/#Playfield

When is the last time you actually bought anything from that site? Due to the health of the owner or something, I think the site is down. Go look for yourself.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

When is the last time you actually bought anything from that site? Due to the health of the owner or something, I think the site is down. Go look for yourself.

admittedly it was a while ago and I bought a spare set for my spare IM playfield.

I just thought since it was still up they were still selling, sorry if I am incorrect.

#179 9 years ago

Where can we buy the Mylar now?

#180 9 years ago

I really like the look of the new speaker panel compared to the old. Wish we had pics of the playfield. Thought for sure we'd see something new today.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Where can we buy the Mylar now?

Go to office depot, buy some adhesive laminating sheets, cut a circle. Done!

#182 9 years ago

For what it's worth, I put Cliffy's on my IM Pro and haven't had a problem.

I bought some more for my IMVE but here is another choice:

image-242.jpgimage-242.jpg
#183 9 years ago

Someone take another stern tour and snap some pics of the new figures!

#185 9 years ago

I have made these to match the colors around the magnets on my Stern games. It is 2 mil vinyl. If it ever starts showing signs of wear I just replace them. Very easy to remove and replace.

IMG_1325.JPGIMG_1325.JPG IMG_1321.JPGIMG_1321.JPG IMG_1322.JPGIMG_1322.JPG IMG_1323.JPGIMG_1323.JPG IMG_1324.JPGIMG_1324.JPG
#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I have made these to match the colors around the magnets on my Stern games. It is 2 mil vinyl. If it ever starts showing signs of wear I just replace them. Very easy to remove and replace.

IMG_1321.JPG 261 KB

IMG_1325.JPG 125 KB

IMG_1322.JPG 227 KB

IMG_1323.JPG 250 KB

IMG_1324.JPG 331 KB

How much for a strip of both sizes?

#187 9 years ago

Yup I will gladly pay for a set.

#188 9 years ago

Hell why not. Me too! We have any choice in ring color?

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I will also pay for a set of each for my metallica

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My wife has wanted an IM for two years...but they were too much even for a routed machine...I ordered her one on the day of the announcement for her birthday.

The old buy-my-wife-a-gift-that-is-also-a-gift-for-me technique eh? I've used it myself, it's glorious.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

A strip of 10 protectors would be $12.00 shipped via mail. If you want a strip of each size it would be $22.00 shipped.

Quoted from Grinder901:

Hell why not. Me too! We have any choice in ring color?

I can cut them in any color that I have a roll of vinyl. I have all of the standard colors plus some funky ones such as metallic pink and metallic purple, even some neon colors. The black and silver that I used seem to match the artwork the best on Metallica.

#193 9 years ago

They look great. I'll bet you will have a bunch of orders on these once people see them. You should show the other colors too. Nice work by the way.

#194 9 years ago

Im getting antsy waiting for this thing! I was talking to a buddy of mine and he mentioned there is a discount if you're buying a NIB to put on location. Is that true?

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

The old buy-my-wife-a-gift-that-is-also-a-gift-for-me technique eh? I've used it myself, it's glorious.

I learned it from my dad, when I was a kid he bought her a wheelbarrow for their anniversary...believe me my wife will use the iron man a lot more than my mom used that wheelbarrow...

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I learned it from my dad, when I was a kid he bought her a wheelbarrow for their anniversary

LOL! Reminds me of my pops
(RIP)

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is anyone picking their game up at Stern this week?

I heard US production is starting the 10th. I'm hoping someone will get theirs Friday/Saturday and take pics for everyone.

#198 9 years ago

Here is a quote from 2 days ago from JJ in another thread:

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant production doesn't even start until the 10th.

Quoted from Gexchange:

Starting Domestic Ship date is expected to be late next week, as of when I talked to Stern Thursday
JJ

#199 9 years ago

That's what I was told today from someone at Game Exchange (wasn't JJ). "Production" doesn't start till the 10th.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

That's what I was told today from someone at Game Exchange (wasn't JJ). "Production" doesn't start till the 10th.

Umm... I will be very sad if that's true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.