IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 40.
#1851 9 years ago

You can match the bulbs that are in the Vault addition with cointakers 2 LED listed product, and your color choice for the Mark symbols, and Ramp point inserts, as they are white...
Lots of pictures looking backwards in this thread, of colors added, bulb choices, and vendors.

#1852 9 years ago

I'm In!

DSC_0725.JPGDSC_0725.JPG
#1853 9 years ago

You picked up an IM and a Met pro same day? Nice!

#1854 9 years ago

Picked up the MET Pro and the IM was delivered ....both on Friday. A great weekend for sure.

#1855 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Picked up the MET Pro and the IM was delivered ....both on Friday. A great weekend for sure.

Interesting can you give any indication how they are similar or different? Strengths or weakness of each?

When I win the pinball charity sweepstakes, I can't decide if I want Met or TWD.

Met seems like a similar layout to IM in some regards.

#1856 9 years ago

Yeah no kiddin man. Congrats! I just added both of those recently too. Frickin awesome pins!

#1857 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Interesting can you give any indication how they are similar or different? Strengths or weakness of each?
When I win the pinball charity sweepstakes, I can't decide if I want Met or TWD.
Met seems like a similar layout to IM in some regards.

Even though the layouts are similar....the game play/angles of most of the shots make them different to play. The right ramp on IM has to be a good shot to make it up. IM is so freaking fast, just trying to keep the ball alive is a challenge if you aren't hitting the shots.

MET is a bit more forgiving...and since it is so much deeper in rule set...you are constantly trying to figure out what shots you need for CIU.

I don't have them sitting next to each other either.....if I did that...someone (non-pinheads, might figure it out).

I am a Happy Camper right now

DSC_0717.JPGDSC_0717.JPG

#1858 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Even though the layouts are similar....the game play/angles of most of the shots make them different to play. The right ramp on IM has to be a good shot to make it up. IM is so freaking fast, just trying to keep the ball alive is a challenge if you aren't hitting the shots.
MET is a bit more forgiving...and since it is so much deeper in rule set...you are constantly trying to figure out what shots you need for CIU.
I don't have them sitting next to each other either.....if I did that...someone (non-pinheads, might figure it out)

Thanks, I have SM and STLE sitting next to each other and those two are very close in shots even the behind the flipper shot (although that shot doesn't do much on SM). Also have Acdc premium not pictured. I would say ST and SM are like 90% identical but with much different rules.

image-863.jpgimage-863.jpg

#1859 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Best complement for Iron Man in my view is Star Trek. Long ball times with great flow. LOTRs would also be a good match in my view.

I had the same thaught.

In a 2 pin house iron man should be in. A real players pin, difficult but never unfair. And it looks stunning.

I would like the hobbit next to it. Deep storylike pin stacked with game modes.

Dream combi for me.

#1860 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, I have SM and STLE sitting next to each other and those two are very close in shots even the behind the flipper shot (although that shot doesn't do much on SM). Also have Acdc premium not pictured. I would say ST and SM are like 90% identical but with much different rules.

Nice row of Sterns....and subs to match!

#1861 9 years ago

Went to the Alamo City Comic Con a few weeks ago and got Stan Lee to sign my IMVE translite! Got him to sign my Spiderman too. Permanent keepers now.

stanleesig_IM.JPGstanleesig_IM.JPG
#1862 9 years ago

I'm in as of today. Ordered in late July, born on 15 August, arrived in Aust on October 3rd. The playfield number is 323 of 510, no magic clear coat. Awesome game - blew me away when I hooked up my external sub using a Pinnovators sub-out board. Got the shaker and mirror blades. Couldn't be happier. Scored a 98 million on about the 15th game but the slope is less than the regulation 6.5 degrees. Many other games my arse (ass) was handed to me in a sling. I'm sure once I do the leveling the game will be even faster. Doing a few protective mods tomorrow and will get stuck into gameplay again.

John Borg..."The King of Whoa!"

#1863 9 years ago

Congrats DMC...My high score is around 30 million to date. Think I have 15 games on it at this point. I was one shot away from starting war machine on ball 3 last night....with the other 4 modes complete. Bricked the shot 3 times before I drained. Always wanting to play "just one more" game.

#1864 9 years ago

Thanks Captive_Ball, I'm still learning the "rules" despite reading this whole thread. That War Machine shot is a tough one - especially off the left flipper.

3 weeks later
#1865 9 years ago

About 360 plays and the clear coat on the edge of playfield is flaking/peeling off. I got email into Stern and should hear back from them early this week but I was checking if anyone else is having similar issues with their IMv?

thanks

IMG_0132.JPGIMG_0132.JPG IMG_0129.JPGIMG_0129.JPG
#1866 9 years ago

Oh yea, that is a bad spot for wear. I throw mylar on there when I get my games. Let us know what Stern says.

#1867 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh yea, that is a bad spot for wear. I throw mylar on there when I get my games. Let us know what Stern says.

thanks for the quick response. I plan to put mylar on it and replace the balls with new ones but will wait to see what Stern says and ill pass it on here.

Any other recommendations for Mylar?

thanks

#1868 9 years ago

Picked up my VE wednesday last week.
Great game.

CAM00113.jpgCAM00113.jpg CAM00114.jpgCAM00114.jpg CAM00127.jpgCAM00127.jpg
#1869 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Picked up my VE wednesday last week.
Great game.

Good taste!

I hope to add an ST Pro soon..

#1870 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I don't think Stern will say anything. It's not even a visible area of the playfield, but if Stern does not replace wear items such as Wolverine bash toy, I doubt they will care about wear I the ball return area.

It would be like asking Stern to care about shooter lane wear. I would bet every game looks like this, it's the edge of the wood that does not mean there is a defect in the clear coat. IMO

Hope you are not expecting a new PF from Stern.

#1871 9 years ago

rai, thanks for the reply. I assume they will send me a piece of Mylar for free and maybe some new balls. The bigger reason is just to create a paper trail in-case other parts of the clear do the same thing. Maybe a few months it would warrant a new pf (I hope not).. So basically a C.Y.A..

#1872 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

rai, thanks for the reply. I assume they will send me a piece of Mylar for free and maybe some new balls. The bigger reason is just to create a paper trail in-case other parts of the clear do the same thing. Maybe a few months it would warrant a new pf (I hope not).. So basically a C.Y.A..

Ok

I'd like to see about the Mylar, if there is a pre-cut piece I'd add that to all my games.

Does anyone know if there is a good piece of Mylar or where to buy it?

#1873 9 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MMFT
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT

I bought a piece of each just to have and plan to cut a piece and wrap it around the top/edge/bottom.

#1874 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Why would they send you new balls?? In any case you don't want the balls Stern uses anyway.

This is normal wear and not visible.. Dont worry about it

#1875 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Why would they send you new balls?? In any case you don't want the balls Stern uses anyway.
This is normal wear and not visible.. Dont worry about it

What's so bad about Stern balls?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1876 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MMFT
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT
I bought a piece of each just to have and plan to cut a piece and wrap it around the top/edge/bottom.

Thanks

#1877 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

What's so bad about Stern balls?

I should have taken a picture, but on my STLE the balls looked like they were rusted.

After that I always buy high quality balls a couple bucks each. One type for machines with or without magnets.

#1878 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I should have taken a picture, but on my STLE the balls looked like they were rusted.
After that I always buy high quality balls a couple bucks each. One type for machines with or without magnets.

Which have you found to be the best?

#1879 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

About 360 plays and the clear coat on the edge of playfield is flaking/peeling off.

I've had my IMVE in the GRG since July 16th , I don't C any flaws n my p/f . I just lOoked & i have 64 Games played .. I had 17 plays when the New code was up-dated ..

I have Removed Every Double Led and added Cointaker Frosted's to ther GI's ( Blue , Red , Cool White's ) All insert's are Now Premium Frosted's and Premium 2's ( color Match'd to the insert )
Easier on the eYe's and the camera !! I have Purple Super's in the 2 spot light's ,, i may install cool Whites back N ..

All Picts- 159.jpgAll Picts- 159.jpg
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPGIron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPGIron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPGIron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG

#1880 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I know your asking Rai, but i picked up these:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

They also sell these but im cheap..
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ

#1881 9 years ago

I got my new IM VE late yesterday afternoon. Set it up and played a few games. Man, was I SHOCKED at the awesome light display when I first turned it on! Knocked my eyes out. That is one eye-appealing PF!!! And talk about game play . . . this baby rocks! Fast and furious. I am surprised as to how much I already love it. Now, all I have to do is learn the damned rules. I usually don't like this part!

#1882 9 years ago

I got a reply back from Stern in regards to the clear coming up a little as seen on pics above. They are going to send me some "hard coat" and a piece of mylar. Sounds fair to me, anyone know specifically what "hard coat" is?

thanks

#1883 9 years ago

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the center spinner adjustment.
Sometimes i hit mine and the ball stops and falls back down rather than it spinning.

It seems to be spinning freely but with a hatd direct hit it seems to sometimes jam.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

#1884 9 years ago

Fix that area Yrself ZenTron ,, get a bottle of Women's clear fingernail polish ( nail hardner ) and swab the area , that would B better than a piece of Hard mylar .. and Don't B sniff-n that stuff 2 long , it is Toxic --

#1885 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't know what's the best, but I pay for the better ones

These for games without magnets http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ

These for games with magnets http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116
Or http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

#1886 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know what's the best, but I pay for the better ones
These for games without magnets http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ
These for games with magnets http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116
Or http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

Thanks

#1887 9 years ago

Having a boot issue this AM.

I assume F11 fuse not lit up might be the problem?

any feedback appreciated..

thanks

IMG_0230.JPGIMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0229.JPGIMG_0229.JPG

#1888 9 years ago

That Sucks bro .. call 1 800 KICKERS Monday morning ... I haven't opened my Bag w/ manual , so i have No idea what that fuse controls .. Good Luck ,,

#1889 9 years ago

Just for my IMVE NIB yesterday!! Man is this game awesome. What are some must haves, mod wise for it? Also is there anything i should know issue wise?

#1890 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

That Sucks bro .. call 1 800 KICKERS Monday morning ... I haven't opened my Bag w/ manual , so i have No idea what that fuse controls .. Good Luck ,,

U mind turning your game on with translite removed and let me know if f11 lit? Thanks

#1891 9 years ago

FYI- I am selling some Iron Man mods. Both badass modded figures are left. Inside cabinet decal too. Rai expressed some interest. Get back at me man.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-iron-man-mods-for-sale

#1892 9 years ago

Ill try to replace fuse and see if new one pops

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1893 9 years ago
Quoted from thadawkins:

Just for my IMVE NIB yesterday!! Man is this game awesome. What are some must haves, mod wise for it? Also is there anything i should know issue wise?

Shaker is a must.

#1894 9 years ago

I replaced fuse with a new one and powered up with DMD ribbon/power disconnected and same issue. Even with DMD unplugged f11 doesn't light. Looks like i'll be calling 1800kickers tomorrow AM.

#1895 9 years ago

I spoke to rep at Stern and it could be as simple as a loose cable on secondary power side of transformer. Im going to re-seat those tonight and if that doesn't fix ill call them back when I have a DMM in hand.

#1896 9 years ago

So i reseated all the harnesses per Stern support recommendation and it fixed it.

#1897 9 years ago

Glad you got it fixed! Also glad you posted this because this could happen to one of us owners someday and this could be our solution.

#1898 9 years ago

Ok. Someone with the Real deal p/f supports Please raise Yr p/f and show me where the install points R. I have a set im wanting 2 install . Thanxx B_R

1415678162262.jpg1415678162262.jpg

#1899 9 years ago

BR, I'm sure you already have yours put on but here's how mine look:

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-725.jpgimage-725.jpg
image-531.jpgimage-531.jpg

#1900 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

the Real deal p/f supports

Where do you buy these?
Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.