IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 40.
#1801 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Rai, you are a rarity here on Pinside - you have been a 10 year member and all you own is Sterns (and good ones at that)!
Thanks for the list and the explanations. I am lining up locals who said they would let me play their games to help me decide.

I wish I could own more, but had to move my Williams / Bally to get my Stern, I have owned/sold T2, STTNG, TZ, IJ, CFTBL (twice) and TOTAN even BOP. So you see I have owned a lot of great older games. But IMO the Stern games have been more reliable and more interesting rules.

Once I sold my CFTBL missed it so I got one back but next to Tron and AcDc it was not getting played seemed very old fashioned. I like it a lot but it does not compare to my newer games IMO.

Sometimes though it seems there can be too much complexity, I was not able to understand LOTR or TSPP so while they rate highly I was never able to get into those.

I am intrigued by TWD but can't think of which machine I would have to sell to make room.

I was unsure about IM initially when people said it had short / simple rules but to me, next to my other games it's so different than the others (Tron is the closest) that I just keep pressing start over and over can play 10 games in a row, but on PotC or SM more likely to play one or two games and move on.

Was really surprise by PotC since I wanted to sell it more than games like TZ or IJ but I like condition and my PotC is like new while my BW games were more like 7/10 condition so I elected to keep the condition game but find that I really like Pirates, don't play it a lot because I owned it for 7 years but whenever i do play it it's very fun.

#1802 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What would you guys say is a good price for a HUO IMVE? All stock with mirror blades added? I have mine listed locally at $4500 and have zero interest, a little bit surprised. Am I too high?

I think you're a bit too high. For only $200 less than a IMVE NIB, I think most would just be inclined to go NIB.
My personal opinion is that your machine would have to be at least $500 less than a NIB for someone to appreciate the value proposition. $4K probably moves it within 24 hours.

#1803 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

As you can see, I have all Stern, no complaints.
I would highly recommend:
-Tron (similar rules are to IM kind of straightforward might be easy to get all the modes lit to get to SOS but very hard for me never been to Portal yet), great sound/music. Tron also it can be quite fast but doesn't fight back as much as IM but highly recommended.

If I love fast games, IM, NF, T2, BK2K ... And really appreciate the soundtrack on IMVE, will I love Tron as well?
Never played IM but heard all the hype and purchased IMVE. If I want a Tron I may have to go down that same road of purchasing before play and wanted to get a sense of whether it's a guaranteed home run like IM was for me.
Thanks.

#1804 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

If I love fast games, IM, NF, T2, BK2K ... And really appreciate the soundtrack on IMVE, will I love Tron as well?
Never played IM but heard all the hype and purchased IMVE. If I want a Tron I may have to go down that same road of purchasing before play and wanted to get a sense of whether it's a guaranteed home run like IM was for me.
Thanks.

I had never played a game of Tron before I got mine, but it was the best decision I ever made, I really love Tron.

Not *as* fast as IM but let's say IM is rated at 10 (fastest game) Tron might be 8-9 on that scale, very little waiting around, lots of loops and flow. Plus IMO Tron is slightly better looking and arguably has the better sound/music and call outs and IMO while both rules are excellent, Tron seems to have a few more things to do.

IMO if I had to pick my favorite Stern games ever I would say IM Tron (tie).

Just my own opinion.

#1805 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had never played a game of Tron before I got mine, but it was the best decision I ever made, I really love Tron.
Not *as* fast as IM but let's say IM is rated at 10 (fastest game) Tron might be 8-9 on that scale, very little waiting around, lots of loops and flow. Plus IMO Tron is slightly better looking and arguably has the better sound/music and call outs and IMO while both rules are excellent, Tron seems to have a few more things to do.
Just my own opinion.

Interesting comments -by chance can I ask you to finish rating the Sterns in your collection? Please tell.

#1806 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Has anyone bought the Ramp Chase Led kit ? and i want to know How much they are & R they Still available ?
» YouTube video

We had one spot open up! I will PM you the details.

#1807 9 years ago

I noticed today when playing that the Mark lights stay on from ball to ball, but when I read the rules online it stated that the Marks all have to be earned during one ball or they start over. It does show these rules as V1.4. Did this change in newer software? And how does everyone prefer to play it? Thanks.

#1808 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I noticed today when playing that the Mark lights stay on from ball to ball, but when I read the rules online it stated that the Marks all have to be earned during one ball or they start over. It does show these rules as V1.4. Did this change in newer software? And how does everyone prefer to play it? Thanks.

Marks have got to carry over. Man it's hard enough as it is.

#1809 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Marks have got to carry over. Man it's hard enough as it is.

I agree. It must be an old rule sheet I am reading.

#1810 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

As a default, Marks always carry over ball to ball...always have.

#1811 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just my own opinion.

You rated AC/DC, Spiderman and Star Trek ahead of Iron Man.

#1812 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

You rated AC/DC, spiderman and Star Trek ahead of Iron Man.

Many times this has been discussed. And for some people rating and favourites doesn't go hand in hand always.

#1813 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Many times this has been discussed. And for some people rating and favourites doesn't go hand in hand always.

I was just reminding him in case he wanted to revisit the ratings and adjust them.

#1814 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Probably should read "Shields need to be earned in one ball or start over."

#1815 9 years ago

Iron Man was the first pin I wanted and it's what got me interested in pinball. I had projects around the house that took priority over buying a pin. By the time I was done, only used IM games were around. I didn't really know about the way pins are released, I kinda thought I could still by a NIB years later. I ended up with STLE for my first pin, no regrets there. I thought it would be a few years before I would get another pin. Then a few months ago I heard that the vault edition was coming out. I felt like I got a second chance at something I had really wanted, but had to pass on.

I pulled a few financial moves and my IM VE was delivered a few days ago! I'm loving it! What great fun! It makes me want to save for future vault editions.

#1816 9 years ago

Just wanted to throw this out as a protector for your magnets, KAWYDUD makes some badass vinyl magnet protectors that he can customize with size and color options. Great price too. If interested, throw him a PM.

#1817 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Interesting comments -by chance can I ask you to finish rating the Sterns in your collection? Please tell.

I do like all my pins, for a while, PotC was never played but I've come around. I still don't play it as much as my other games. I would rate it as my slowest game, kind of wood choppy but I like it with it's theme, humor and to me interesting Jack the monkey ramp ad and signature sinking ship. Speed is kind of slow for the most part. Too much Stop and go especially in the saucer by the pops. Long game for the most part.

ST and SM they are very similar, same-ish. Same/similar 3 flippers 3 ramps. Similar in speed like Tron. both are medium stop and go but not as much as PotC but more stop and go than Tron. Both are very long games.

XMLE looks like a reverse Tron but more stoppage has both scoop like Tron but also stop at Xavier scoop and Magneto ball lock. I had not liked this game much but it has grown on me big time, I rate it very highly now, but it's another long game. Medium speed probably my second slowest game but more close to SM / ST / Tron than PotC. One of my only games with a real ball lock PotC has a semi ball lock in spinner. Another LONG game.

AcDc premium quick playing but a lot of stop and go with the cannon and the lower PF. The ball flies around the ramps and loops but the stops make it slower and longer than my top fast Tron and IM. Long games and deep rules but can play quick songs but overall a long game if you aim to see the whole game.

Tron fast quick rules, not a lot of stop and go. Fairly quick, not ultra short games but def my second shortest/simple game not too much wood choppy.

IM really fast, not much stop and go except for the up posts which pause the ball so you can see some animations. Really fast/short rules can see a lot on one ball (yay),

One feature I like a lot on many of my Stern games is the mini-loops such as cyclops loop or Quarra and Gem shots. As well as the side alleys such as the bell escape on AcDc or the side alley to the pops on IM, interesting use of space. The two games I would say are fairly vanilla or not too many odd shots on the PF are ST and SM but both do have side ramps which are nice.

Tron, and XM have nice side ramps but lack dual R-L ramps which I like on my other games: Acdc, SM, IM, ST all have dual front ramps that can be combo-ed.

PotC naturally is my least ramp flowy game.

#1818 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

You rated AC/DC, spiderman and Star Trek ahead of Iron Man.

I rated those games slightly ahead of IM, and due to poor dots on IM. Plus some things like PF art is not the best on IM, STLE simply stunning with lighting effects and side rail lights etc..

I try to rate my games honestly, I see IM's DMD as it's most lacking feature, I give it a 1 out of 5, in honesty the DMD graphics is appalling If you look all my ratings they are quite close, I like all the themes pretty much IM no more than XM or Tron for example, but IM and SM both are lacking in DMD quality. Tron while using 1/3 split screen and movie clips is much better looking IMO.

IM music is ok, not as good as. Tron which is partly why I prefer Tron, I like IM overall gameplay but Tron is better looking and sounding which slightly puts it at the top.

#1819 9 years ago

Thanks, rai.

#1820 9 years ago

Saw and played IMVE for the first time today. I've got one on order and was holding out from playing it to get a surprise when my machine is delivered, but was playing in a comp that had one in it. Really enjoyed it although couldn't hear much with the other pins going. Mine will have a shaker, external sub and mirror blades so I still think I've got something to look forward to.

Also played ST Premium and WOZ - both great looking and playing games.

#1821 9 years ago

Here's a few pix of a Shelby Cobra "dropped" in my IMVE. C&C welcomed.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-27.jpgimage-27.jpg
image-129.jpgimage-129.jpg

#1822 9 years ago
Quoted from cr80:

a Shelby Cobra "dropped" in my IMVE.

Story checks out.

#1823 9 years ago

Mod Fail!
Maybe I'll just stick it over the shooter lane or give it to the kid to play vroom vroom with.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1824 9 years ago

Fluorescent slingshot & lane guide protectors , for those that have the Metallica version Laseriffic is making them for Iron Man .
image-128.jpgimage-128.jpg
image-411.jpgimage-411.jpg

#1825 9 years ago

Best complement for Iron Man in my view is Star Trek. Long ball times with great flow. LOTRs would also be a good match in my view.

#1826 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Fluorescent slingshot & lane guide protectors , for those that have the Metallica version Laseriffic is making them for Iron Man .

image-128.jpg 225 KB

image-411.jpg 262 KB

Why would you want to color bomb your lower PR in orange and wash all the colors out??

#1827 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

image-128.jpg 225 KB

image-411.jpg 262 KB

+1

#1828 9 years ago

I finally cracked 100 mil!

I started 2x scoring right before starting Do or Die...then hit the DoD shot right away for full 35 mil value x2 for 70 mil! Then I started Jericho and got further in that mode than I ever had...I started to hear some music I'd never heard before! Amazing that this "simple" game can still surprise 4 years after its release.
IM_GC_score.jpgIM_GC_score.jpg

#1829 9 years ago

One of my favorite scoring combos is Iron man fast scoring and super pops with war machine MB. Hit WAR MA-CHINE for add-a-ball and fast scoring time extended. Go for the iron man targets to increase the shot value and pops for points and shield roll overs. Right ramp to right flipper for a shots to WAR MA-CHINE.

#1830 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why would you want to color bomb your lower PR in orange and wash all the colors out??

Same reason people put neon green protectors on Metallica and ruin all the great purple & orange artwork: poor aesthetic sense.

#1831 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Same reason people put neon green protectors on Metallica and ruin all the great purple & orange artwork: poor aesthetic sense.

I briefly considered these for my MET & IM and went with the clear protectors from Pinbits instead.

#1832 9 years ago

nice job, my high is 88 mil

Quoted from Rarehero:

I finally cracked 100 mil!
I started 2x scoring right before starting Do or Die...then hit the DoD shot right away for full 35 mil value x2 for 70 mil! Then I started Jericho and got further in that mode than I ever had...I started to hear some music I'd never heard before! Amazing that this "simple" game can still surprise 4 years after its release.

#1833 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

nice job, my high is 88 mil

Did you get your two other pins from Juan?

#1834 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This whole project came about because of the crappy print quality on the slingshot plastics. I wanted a way to diffuse the light coming through. I remembered seeing some orange protectors on a Metallica , so I emailed Laseriffic to see if he had done any for Iron Man. He said to send him some scans & he would send some out to test fit. This is where Grinder901 came in . He sent the scans in & Joe sent him a set to test fit also .I didn't have fluorescent in mind with these plastics. I was thinking regular transparent red or a transparent light yellow. I have to say that these aren't as bright and blown out looking in person (iPhone light overexposure). I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with them . I want to try a light yellow ? I do have an idea if these don't work out. Thanks Joe for letting me test them.

Just an FYI my left inlane ball guide had sharp burrs on it, might want check yours , they'll screw up your balls.

#1835 9 years ago

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I could have walked to Joe's house and picked these by now. Damn mail service. I don't usually have problems with deliveries. Wondering if they floated away during a flood somewhere between there and here.

#1836 9 years ago

I joined the club

iron man vault 01.JPGiron man vault 01.JPG
iron man vault 02.JPGiron man vault 02.JPG
iron man vault 03.JPGiron man vault 03.JPG

#1837 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I could have walked to Joe's house and picked these by now. Damn mail service. I don't usually have problems with deliveries. Wondering if they floated away during a flood somewhere between there and here.

Grinder , did you get your protectors ? I got a yellow set I'm going to test .

#1838 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Grinder , did you get your protectors ? I got a yellow set I'm going to test .

I sure did. I am out of town till tomorrow evening. I put a few of them on:
image-570.jpgimage-570.jpg
image-68.jpgimage-68.jpg

#1839 9 years ago

Anyone know what size of these little guys I need to use as plastics protectors for slings and whatnot? I'm awaiting delivery of my IMVE hence me not be able to measure it myself.

image-497.jpgimage-497.jpg

#1840 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I joined the club

iron man vault 01.JPG 138 KB

iron man vault 02.JPG 109 KB

iron man vault 03.JPG 116 KB

Nice games room mate!!

#1841 9 years ago

My personal opinion is that Transparent colors look better than florescent, I make both and it really is a preference. The Transparent Yellow seems to highlight the plastic art more where florescent ( at least on this game ) does looked washed out a bit.

#1842 9 years ago

Just traded a Baywatch and some cash for a imve one month old! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!

#1843 9 years ago

Wow. Well done man!

#1844 9 years ago

I am still trying to clear some space to unbox mine. Right now my IM VE is patiently waiting in the basement until I can move a game.

#1845 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Anyone know what size of these little guys I need to use as plastics protectors for slings and whatnot? I'm awaiting delivery of my IMVE hence me not be able to measure it myself.

To replace the metal washers on the slings you need 7/8"...

image-727.jpgimage-727.jpg

#1846 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

image-497.jpg 2 KB

Just get these and protect all the plastics.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_86&products_id=484

#1847 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

To replace the metal washers on the slings you need 7/8"...

Thanks kindly.

#1848 9 years ago

Cheers. Will look into these also.

#1849 9 years ago

Having major issues with the Monger on an IMVE on route. Please ck this thread and see if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/imve-iron-monger-motor-is-shot

#1850 9 years ago

sounds like a great problem to have.. haha....

i recently got a original run im (in a trade). just curious what kind of led bulbs everyone is using in the INSERTS and GI??

need to do a cointaker order soon, looking for ideas for colors as well.

Quoted from edwinpblue:

I am still trying to clear some space to unbox mine. Right now my IM VE is patiently waiting in the basement until I can move a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.