IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 40.
#1751 9 years ago

It may have been asked or mentioned once or twice or 10 times already, but does anyone mylar their magnets or do you just keep waxing them or nothing? Not to concerned because it is HUO, but I plan on playing the crap out of my IM.

Learned a lot over the last couple of weeks and have been stacking my multiballs nicely. Still have not got to Do or Die yet?

Jericho is very fun though.

Thanks!

#1752 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

I just added some armor to mine. The green start button is bugging me now, think it needs a red one.

Iron Man pinball 6.JPG 123 KB

Iron Man pinball 5.JPG 163 KB

Back Alley Creations do the armor? Looks Sweet and very fitting for IM because, well, Tony Stark wears armor.

#1753 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Back Alley Creations do the armor? Looks Sweet and very fitting for IM because, well, Tony Stark wears armor.

No, I have a guy about 30 minutes from me that does my stuff. I cant beat his price.

#1754 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

No, I have a guy about 30 minutes from me that does my stuff. I cant beat his price.

No shipping is sweet! What type of business does your guy do? Auto painting? I want to look locally also, but don't know where to start my search.

#1755 9 years ago

No shipping is sweet! What type of business does your guy do? Auto painting? I want to look locally also, but don't know where to start my search.

He just does it on the side. I found him on facebook. He has a page with some of his work on there. You might search on there or post a status asking if anybody knows of a place. My guy charged me $140 for the 2 stage Iron Man color, 4 legs, 2 siderails, 2 hinges, lockbar and shooter housing. That price includes sandblasting too.

#1756 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

He just does it on the side. I found him on facebook. He has a page with some of his work on there. You might search on there or post a status asking if anybody knows of a place. My guy charged me $140 for the 2 stage Iron Man color, 4 legs, 2 siderails, 2 hinges, lockbar and shooter housing. That price includes sandblasting too.

That is a great price Kev! It would be nice to not have to pack and ship everything each way also. Thanks

#1757 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Excellent price! I plan on shopping locally first when I get my armor done.

After having this for a while now I am still really enjoying the gameplay. I just played a game and got to do or die. Hit the shot for 32mil, what a blast!!

#1758 9 years ago

BLACK_ROSE said:

I went to My Collection to add my 2014 IM VE , I Can't ,,, Why isn't it there instead of the 2010 ?

Yeah, the same, but different I guess.

I am like you BR, maybe not quite as rowdy, my 2 favorite pins are IM and HS2! We are living large with those 2 for sure.

Amen brother !!!!!!!! and Not 2 mention BSD , mine is going on 5 yr's N the GRG Oct- 28th

#1759 9 years ago
Quoted from Prof_Pinball:

Hi Everyone
We have one spot left for pre-orders of our new Iron Man ramp chase lights. If you want to reserve your spot shoot me a PM. You can go to our thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ramp-chase-light-mod-pre-order-by-professor-pinball-1
» YouTube video
Thanks!
Post edited by Prof_Pinball: Added video link.

Has anyone bought the Ramp Chase Led kit ? and i want to know How much they are & R they Still available ?

#1760 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Amen brother !!!!!!!! and Not 2 mention BSD , mine is going on 5 yr's this Oct-

My wife would love BSD......well maybe not. Have fun putting up those 100 mil+ scores on your IM!

#1761 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Has anyone bought the Ramp Chase Led kit ? and i want to know How much they are & R they Still available ?
» YouTube video

You know I bought it BR! Only ten were on the preorder list but maybe someone will drop out. If anyone is undecided, I gotta say, the PBR apron mod is the shit and worth every penny. The remote controlled RGB out of the middle is so great. The apron flashers interact with Whiplash. So cool!!

image-192.jpgimage-192.jpg image-807.jpgimage-807.jpg
#1762 9 years ago

I was wondering if someone can scan the slingshot & return lane guide plastics & send it to joe @ laseriffic? I don't have a scanner . He'll make us some plastic protectors like the ones he made for Metallica . I think transparent red would be cool , if you wanted a different color I'm sure he could do it..
Email: [email protected]

#1763 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I was wondering if someone can scan the slingshot & return lane guide plastics & send it to joe @ laseriffic? I don't have a scanner . He'll make us some plastic protectors like the ones he made for Metallica . I think transparent red would be cool , if you wanted a different color I'm sure he could do it..

Yes please someone do it, I have no idea how!

Some of my favorite ones on my Metallica and would look great on IM with slight red or yellow tint I think?

#1764 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yes please someone do it, I have no idea how!
Some of my favorite ones on my Metallica and would look great on IM with slight red or yellow tint I think?

Yellow or gold might look good , I'm not sure what colors Joe has available to him . I don't think the fluorescent colors are the way to go with Iron Man? The poorly printed artwork on the slings got me thinking about these protectors (diffuse some of the light coming through the plastics ).. Transparent red , yellow ,gold maybe blue???

#1765 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

So funny you mention plastic protectors because I just purchased some and started putting on the protectors. I think they look great clear but I have seen some for WOZ that had a green tint and looked great too. I'd def pick up a set if they were red/yellow.

image-647.jpgimage-647.jpg image-477.jpgimage-477.jpg
#1766 9 years ago

Grinder , do you have a scanner ?

#1767 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Grinder , do you have a scanner ?

Yes I believe my printer has scanner capabilities. So I just scan the plastics? And what, send those files to Joe?

#1768 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yes I believe my printer has scanner capabilities. So I just scan the plastics? And what, send those files to Joe?

I believe so , maybe email him to clarify . The left & right sling plastics, & L &R ball guide plastics. Thanks Grinder

#1769 9 years ago

Yes.. When you scan them put a white sheet of paper on top of them to stop the shadows as best as possible. I should hopefully get nice lines to follow that way.

#1770 9 years ago

Ok I'm on it. I'll have it sent to you tonight. Thanks Joe.

#1771 9 years ago

Ok four scans have been emailed to you Joe. Just let me know if you got them and if they will work. Red or yellow tinted protectors would prob look awesome.

Honestly I would be curious how some kick ass Iron Man artwork would look on top of the staring faces of Scarlett and Samuel. Maybe when Aurich takes a breather he will turn his attention towards this great game and come up with all kinds of decals and designs for us.

#1772 9 years ago

Grinder, thanks for the scanning those for Joe.

#1773 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Grinder, thanks for the scanning those for Joe.

No prob man, happy to help. Anything to improve IM

#1774 9 years ago

Hmm , red or yellow ? maybe both...?

#1775 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Hmm , red or yellow ? maybe both...?

Having options is a great thing. I'd buy a set of each

#1776 9 years ago

Wait, was I to scan the clear plastic protectors or the actual plastic pieces from the playfield? I scanned the plastic protectors.

#1777 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Wait, was I to scan the clear plastic protectors or the actual plastic pieces from the playfield? I scanned the plastic protectors.

Email him & tell him you scanned the protectors, so he doesn't make them too big.

#1778 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Email him & tell him you scanned the protectors, so he doesn't make them too big.

Ok, I emailed him. I thought it would be best to scan the plastic protectors so he can just take those measurements instead of scanned colored pieces and have to add a bit on each side on his own. I can scan whatever he needs though, no prob.

#1779 9 years ago

I should have read this post at 3am this morning instead I was enlarging the files till I received the email from Grinder901 that these were the protectors and not the actual plastics.

I have them done and I am sending out 2 test sets to Moto Cat and Grinder901 today for fitting purposes. They are getting Red but I have ordered Yellow today.

#1780 9 years ago

That's just scary fast Joe. Thanks for all you do.

As a side note, these plastic protectors come in sets of ten pieces for IM. Some pieces of plastic didnt seem to warrant a protector. Wonder why not. Ball not traveling fast enough in those areas to damage plastics?

#1781 9 years ago

Hey IM owners, I was wondering what Stern goes best with IM? I have WCS, HS2 and T2 currently. I really enjoy those pins and they are good "value" games, but I kind of have Stern Fever right now. I have had IM for 2 weeks now and have enjoyed playing it myself, but what I really enjoyed is having local pinheads stop by to play IM and having my family and newbies play it and enjoy it also. I play my games with other people, but IM is different. I will explain.

I learned a lot over the past couple weeks. IM can be played by anyone at any level. My 8 year old son, wife and newbie friends all walked up to IM and I was surprised they made enough shots to fire up multi balls and raise the Iron Monger. They dug the call outs, flashing lights and how the balls get whipped around by the magnets. My favorite shot for new players is when they hit War Machine. The kick back really surprises them! Did they get huge scores, not really, but they were able to hang and all had more fun than playing my other games. (Not to start a BW - Stern fight here, just saying). I thought IM was a "good players only type of pin", or you will not like. I was wrong. I also had experienced players come over and they enjoyed making it to Jericho and Do or Die. I learned IM is a good 2 player game between novice and good players because of the short ball times. My wife can go make a sandwich sometimes during my turn while we play HS2 together, not on IM. Everyone has fun, seems to like IM and it is a very approachable game.

So, I need (more of a want) to start searching for my next approachable, fun game for all, Stern Pin to go with my lil' butt kicker IM. What do you guys own that matches well? SM, ACDC, a deeper game like LOTR? There is only one way to cure pinball fever - get another one.
Thanks for you help and recommendations in advance. Kind of thread crashing, but kind of not.

#1782 9 years ago

Hey IM owners, I was wondering what Stern goes best with IM? I have WCS, HS2 and T2 currently. I really enjoy those pins and they are good "value" games, but I kind of have Stern Fever right now. I have had IM for 2 weeks now and have enjoyed playing it myself, but what I really enjoyed is having local pinheads stop by to play IM and having my family and newbies play it and enjoy it also. I play my games with other people, but IM is different. I will explain.
I learned a lot over the past couple weeks. IM can be played by anyone at any level. My 8 year old son, wife and newbie friends all walked up to IM and I was surprised they made enough shots to fire up multi balls and raise the Iron Monger. They dug the call outs, flashing lights and how the balls get whipped around by the magnets. My favorite shot for new players is when they hit War Machine. The kick back really surprises them! Did they get huge scores, not really, but they were able to hang and all had more fun than playing my other games. (Not to start a BW - Stern fight here, just saying). I thought IM was a "good players only type of pin", or you will not like. I was wrong. I also had experienced players come over and they enjoyed making it to Jericho and Do or Die. I learned IM is a good 2 player game between novice and good players because of the short ball times. My wife can go make a sandwich sometimes during my turn while we play HS2 together, not on IM. Everyone has fun, seems to like IM and it is a very approachable game.
So, I need (more of a want) to start searching for my next approachable, fun game for all, Stern Pin to go with my lil' butt kicker IM. What do you guys own that matches well? SM, ACDC, a deeper game like LOTR? There is only one way to cure pinball fever - get another one.
Thanks for you help and recommendations in advance. Kind of thread crashing, but kind of not.

I recommend either SM or LOTR

#1784 9 years ago

Awesome this is great to hear. I've put mine at my photography studio and the employees here love it. I have also been asked to do a trial test run of putting it at a new children's hospital opening up in our neighborhood and have agreed to do so - that's why it's good to hear that kids and others like it. Mine is set up as hard as possible but I will have to soften it up for the kids when we put it in the hospital

IM can be played by anyone at any level. My 8 year old son, wife and newbie friends all walked up to IM and I was surprised they made enough shots to fire up multi balls and raise the Iron Monger. They dug the call outs, flashing lights and how the balls get whipped around by the magnets. My favorite shot for new players is when they hit War Machine. The kick back really surprises them! Did they get huge scores, not really, but they were able to hang and all had more fun than playing my other games. (Not to start a BW - Stern fight here, just saying). I thought IM was a "good players only type of pin", or you will not like. I was wrong. I also had experienced players come over and they enjoyed making it to Jericho and Do or Die. I learned IM is a good 2 player game between novice and good players because of the short ball times. My wife can go make a sandwich sometimes during my turn while we play HS2 together, not on IM. Everyone has fun, seems to like IM and it is a very approachable game.

#1785 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Awesome this is great to hear. I've put mine at my photography studio and the employees here love it. I have also been asked to do a trial test run of putting it at a new children's hospital opening up in our neighborhood and have agreed to do so - that's why it's good to hear that kids and others like it. Mine is set up as hard as possible but I will have to soften it up for the kids when we put it in the hospital

Very cool to do that. I do not know of too many pins that a new player or younger player can get a low score on, but still start up a multi ball or two and have a blast on.

You have been an IM fan of a long time. Glad you got one and enjoy sharing it with others.

I want to see what Grinder trades one of his 2 IM for.

#1786 9 years ago

Very cool to do that. I do not know of too many pins that a new player or younger player can get a low score on, but still start up a multi ball or two and have a blast on.
You have been an IM fan of a long time. Glad you got one and enjoy sharing it with others.
I want to see what Grinder trades one of his 2 IM for.

Probably an Avengers LE. I love ACDC but fear the family getting sick of the songs quick. Huge fan of their music though. I am an Iron Man fan and also a huge Avengers/West Coast Avengers fan. Tons of comics and toys for that superhero team. AvLe gets a bad rap and truthfully I don't have much time on the game but I love it just on theme alone. Also, it being difficult isn't a turn off and sounds like a fun alternative to my IM. We will see though,

#1787 9 years ago

I have Metallica next to IM - another great game but I can get some long games on Metallica whereas never had a long game on IM.

Had over 1000 games on IM and I now think it is the best SS title of all time.

I am thinking of adding a Tron as rule set is vaguely similar but really, can Tron be as good as IM? I just can't help thinking I will be disappointed if I buy Tron. Have played it a fair bit already.

#1788 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have Metallica next to IM - another great game but I can get some long games on Metallica whereas never had a long game on IM.
Had over 1000 games on IM and I now think it is the best SS title of all time.
I am thinking of adding a Tron as rule set is vaguely similar but really, can Tron be as good as IM? I just can't help thinking I will be disappointed if I buy Tron. Have played it a fair bit already.

Nice EM collection with IM and Met thrown in there. No BW's?

Funny that you mention Tron because before I bought IM there was a local pinhead guy (never met him, just emailed him) who had probably 8-10 Sterns in his collection, including IM. He said he was thinking about selling some, including Tron. I said I was thinking about getting an IM, but wanted to come over and check out his Tron because I only played it once before and liked it. He surprised me when he said "if you are looking at IM, just get that because it is better than Tron". He kind of threw me off with his no salesman attitude. I wish all sales went like that.

Met is a beast with so much to do. I do not like Met music, so I will blame myself for ruling it out even though my Wife would not like it. TWD is probably out too.

Thanks

#1789 9 years ago

Yet there are many who reckon Tron is better than IM. That's why I want a decent amount of time with it.

ACDC is another adrenalin game but must admit even though I have played over 100 games the rules baffle me!

The game closest to IM from the 90's is BSD - fantastic game. Another short rule set but stacking the 3 multiballs is adrenalin city

#1790 9 years ago

Tspp, lotr, RBION, xmen. I'd say avengers, but I'll get skewered, it's a tough game, not for everyone.

#1791 9 years ago

What would you guys say is a good price for a HUO IMVE? All stock with mirror blades added? I have mine listed locally at $4500 and have zero interest, a little bit surprised. Am I too high?

#1792 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What would you guys say is a good price for a HUO IMVE? All stock with mirror blades added? I have mine listed locally at $4500 and have zero interest, a little bit surprised. Am I too high?

So many good games out or on the horizon. TWD is casting a huge shadow right now. I think it's a very good price. It's not the price man. It's all about timing. Good luck.

#1793 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

4500 is a good price, bad timing. Everyone who wants one, basically has it. TWD also hurts.

#1794 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

4500 is a good price, bad timing. Everyone who wants one, basically has it. TWD also hurts.

Agreed. It's just taking longer to move games right now. You may need to give it a couple months for the right buyer to come along. Option B is to do a big drop in order to move it quick. Personally I prefer being patient and holding out for a good price.

#1795 9 years ago

Hey IM owners, I was wondering what Stern goes best with IM? .

As you can see, I have all Stern, no complaints.

I would highly recommend:

-Tron (similar rules are to IM kind of straightforward might be easy to get all the modes lit to get to SOS but very hard for me never been to Portal yet), great sound/music. Tron also it can be quite fast but doesn't fight back as much as IM but highly recommended.

-PotC while this is kind of the exact opposite type game to IM, in that it's stop and go and not very ramp/loop intense. But Kids and casual players love it and it's easy for novice but still hard for experienced players.

-AcDc premium is truly a great game, and it's nice because there are many paths or many ways to play rather than IM which is kind of the same each time.

-XMLE I have really grown to love but it may not be for everyone and it's shots may be harder than the others so can be more frustrating.

SM and ST are good but LONG games, I have not warmed up to them as much as the others. But I do think they are great games, but I need more time to figure out.

#1796 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Tspp, lotr, RBION, xmen. I'd say Avengers, but I'll get skewered, it's a tough game, not for everyone.

A deeper, longer ball time player, like you mentioned, may balance things out from IM.

Yeah, there is a fine line between hard and fun and hard and frustrating. IM, to me, is hard and fun. A buddy of mine got an AV LE recently. I need to play it again.

#1797 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I paid $4625 for mine picked up. 2 weeks ago I went through the same situation as a buyer for my IMVE. I passed on Hooked's stock, low play IM that was $4500, wthat was an extra 4 hours of driving to pick up.
If you are selling a game that is still for sale by Stern, people are just not going to be as willing to drive to get it unless there is good discount on it. Plus they lose the NIB opening experience also. So you need a local, who did not buy IM in the last few months, who does not want to wait and see what TWD is like and who values a brand new game delivered at less than $250 ($4500 or $4750 NiB delivered). $4200 firm or trade it for a MET, ST or POTC might get some action.

#1798 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

As you can see, I have all Stern, no complaints.
I would highly recommend:
-Tron (similar rules are to IM kind of straightforward might be easy to get all the modes lit to get to SOS but very hard for me never been to Portal yet), great sound/music. Tron also it can be quite fast but doesn't fight back as much as IM but highly recommended.
-PotC while this is kind of the exact opposite type game to IM, in that it's stop and go and not very ramp/loop intense. But Kids and casual players love it and it's easy for novice but still hard for experienced players.
-AcDc premium is truly a great game, and it's nice because there are many paths or many ways to play rather than IM which is kind of the same each time.
-XMLE I have really grown to love but it may not be for everyone and it's shots may be harder than the others so can be more frustrating.
SM and ST are good but LONG games, I have not warmed up to them as much as the others. But I do think they are great games, but I need more time to figure out.

Rai, you are a rarity here on Pinside - you have been a 10 year member and all you own is Sterns (and good ones at that)!
Thanks for the list and the explanations. I am lining up locals who said they would let me play their games to help me decide.
On the flip side I played my T2 today, after giving IM a break, and after playing 5 games of sub 20 Million, I cranked out a 212 million point game. I had a blast doing it! So, I have Stern fever now, but to me those 90's Bally / Williams games will always be awesome. It will never be a "great debate" for me they are all players!

#1799 9 years ago

So pissed! Finally got to do or die on the first ball, just waiting for Whiplash multiball to end when I notice one of the led bulbs down below the flippers. It falls into the ball through and must have hung the balls up because when I drain and have one ball left cradled on my flipper, the game still thinks there are 2 balls in play and won't go into do or die mode. Even when I drain the last ball the game still thinks more balls are in play. Had to shut it down and open it up to clear the blockage. F$#@(*&^&%%#@!

#1800 9 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

So pissed! Finally got to do or die on the first ball, just waiting for Whiplash multiball to end when I notice one of the led bulbs down below the flippers. It falls into the ball through and must have hung the balls up because when I drain and have one ball left cradled on my flipper, the game still thinks there are 2 balls in play and won't go into do or die mode. Even when I drain the last ball the game still thinks more balls are in play. Had to shut it down and open it up to clear the blockage. F$#@(*&^&%%#@!

Oh man I've been there, game of the week and a loose led falls through. Sorry man that sucks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.