IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 014.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 011.JPG
Iron Man ( New Leds added ) 008.JPG
All Picts- 159.jpg
CAM00127.jpg
CAM00114.jpg

There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 40.
#1551 9 years ago

The biggest impact the OCD ramp effect has is on sweep patterns. Single fast flashing inserts are not really enhanced. I put an OCD board in my IM and was underwhelmed, and i am a massive supporter of this product. In ST pro it is simply astounding as there are lots of playfield sweeps going on and big fat inserts.

#1552 9 years ago

You can't really see how great the LED OCD is in a video. In person the effect is much more striking. Totally transformed my Tron, worth every penny.

#1553 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can't really see how great the LED OCD is in a video. In person the effect is much more striking. Totally transformed my Tron, worth every penny.

I'm curious as to how it totally transformed your Tron?

I agree with him, by far the biggest improvement appears to be with the light sweeps that you normally see during attract mode. What benefits are their during gameplay other than not flickering/strobing (which you can reduce to a large degree, but not completely, with NoFlix bulbs)?

#1554 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The biggest impact the OCD ramp effect has is on sweep patterns. Single fast flashing inserts are not really enhanced. I put an OCD board in my IM and was underwhelmed, and i am a massive supporter of this product. In ST pro it is simply astounding as there are lots of playfield sweeps going on and big fat inserts.

can u put up a video of the ST with the ocd?

#1555 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Best configuration is incandescents for GI, LEDs (not too bright) for inserts...but that's just my opinion.

Now that I've gone LED, incandescent in GI just looks weird now....especially in a new "tech" type of theme like IM. IM now has an LED or incandescent "mode" ...but it works with either type of bulb. Basically "LED mode" takes away the fading type FX, as they're a bit jittery with LEDs. It doesn't bother me, so I put it in incandescent mode to get those fade FX back.

#1556 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

can u put up a video of the ST with the ocd?

ST Pro with LED OCD board:

#1557 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

ST Pro with LED OCD board: » YouTube video

thanks...looks great on star trek...what happened to your dmd?

#1558 9 years ago

Filming artifact due to video scanning rate. No problem in real life.

#1559 9 years ago

Couple of mods. Backboard gi lighting and custom apron from Gio

#1560 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Backboard gi lighting and custom apron from Gio

I like that lighting on the backside of the ramps. How was that done? Just a couple of sockets tapped into the GI I would assume?

#1561 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm curious as to how it totally transformed your Tron?

It's funny, because it's a subtle change, and at the same time it's night and day. The first time I turned my game on after installing the LED OCD it was just captivating, the lights softly pulsed, the attract mode flowed from one insert to the next, it was kind of mesmerizing. I dunno, maybe some people will care more than others, but in person it's really just a huge effect for me.

I highly recommend it if you're serious about your lights.

#1562 9 years ago

If i have a scratch on the inside cabinet above the playfield where mirror blades would go, how should i touch it up? seems like a flat black but im not sure.

thanks

#1563 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If i have a scratch on the inside cabinet above the playfield where mirror blades would go, how should i touch it up? seems like a flat black but im not sure.
thanks

Why not put blades or the decal there?

#1564 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Why not put blades or the decal there?

Because blades and decals are too gaudy.

#1565 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

thanks

I have heard of wonders with a nice, permanent black marker like a sharpie...

#1566 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Haha if you say so. The five thousand dollar game with bright led lights, explosions and screams and movie animation is so subtle and not at all in your face or ostentatious. Yes, some mirror blades would def put it over the top.

#1567 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I dislike Mirrors. But this sticker is a must have for SM.

I think mirrors look dumb, you see a mirror image of the playfield what's so great about that?

spiderman_panels_01--2.jpgspiderman_panels_01--2.jpg
spiderman2.jpgspiderman2.jpg

#1568 9 years ago

I agree! Instead of a dull, boring black you have that vibrant decal. Very nice.

#1569 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I dislike Mirrors. But this sticker is a must have for SM.
I think mirrors look dumb, you see a mirror image of the playfield what's so great about that?

Ohhh, that is nice!

#1570 9 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Ohhh, that is nice!

Yes, it looks like (or you can pretend) that the game takes place in a city with the buildings stretching out in the distance.

$65 from Pinballlife
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3102

#1571 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny, because it's a subtle change, and at the same time it's night and day. The first time I turned my game on after installing the LED OCD it was just captivating, the lights softly pulsed, the attract mode flowed from one insert to the next, it was kind of mesmerizing. I dunno, maybe some people will care more than others, but in person it's really just a huge effect for me.
I highly recommend it if you're serious about your lights.

But that's what I said: during the attract mode it *is* very obvious. The sweeps look superb.

But we don't play our pins in attract mode. So it seems to me that the other benefits aren't that great compared to something like a NoFlix Plus bulb during actual gameplay.

#1572 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But that's what I said: during the attract mode it *is* very obvious. The sweeps look superb.
But we don't play our pins in attract mode. So it seems to me that the other benefits aren't that great compared to something like a NoFlix Plus bulb during actual gameplay.

Well first off I care about the whole package, but I do hear what you're saying. Secondly, Tron is a great game for it because it has a lot of pulsing inserts during gameplay. So you get the benefit while you play too. I don't know Iron Man, might not be the case.

#1573 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Mirrors aren't about the image you see in the mirror. Mirrors give a sense of space and volume, and extra light.

#1574 9 years ago

Going to install my colordmd and new speaker inserts tomorrow. That's the plan at least. Very excited!!

#1575 9 years ago

My color DMD arrived in New Zealand today. Should have it in a few days. Now just have to wait another 2 weeks for the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1576 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

My color DMD arrived in New Zealand today. Should have it in a few days. Now just have to wait another 2 weeks for the game.

I thought yours was air freighted in Paul? I was told CC container arrives in Auckland Monday 25th
August

#1577 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I thought yours was air freighted in Paul? I was told CC container arrives in Auckland Monday 25th
August

Not sure mate. It might be in the container. Kerry told me about 10 days yesterday. Even though I am looking forward to IM, it's not as if I don't have any pins to play.

#1578 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Not sure mate. It might be in the container. Kerry told me about 10 days yesterday. Even though I am looking forward to IM, it's not as if I don't have any pins to play.

Its a race between ST code & IM getting here.... who will win? lol

#1579 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Its a race between ST code & IM getting here.... who will win? lol

Not bothered. We win either way.

#1580 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Mirrors aren't about the image you see in the mirror. Mirrors give a sense of space and volume, and extra light.

I agree totally. Apart from looking smart they improve gi, and certainly are more appealing to the eyes than a black wall. I refuse to have a pin in my lineup without them, but each to their own.

#1581 9 years ago

Just got (and made) DOD hurry-up and Jericho (started). It is darn hard to make that center shot under pressure..

I won't count this as my personal best score 89M as I had been fooling around with the extra ball award and received 3 extra balls lol. However I did complete DOD hurry-up under regulation 3 balls.

#1582 9 years ago

Man I really can't decide so I ask a few of you to help. I think I would like to spray the grill gold either way but here are the two arc reactor speaker inserts with the power on and off.

I think the left looks better turned off by far but the right one looks more like the Mark VI insert.

What say y'all?

image-521.jpgimage-521.jpg image-524.jpgimage-524.jpg
#1583 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man I really can't decide so I ask a few of you to help. I think I would like to spray the grill gold either way but here are the two arc reactor speaker inserts with the power on and off.
I think the left looks better turned off by far but the right one looks more like the Mark VI insert.
What say y'all?

image-524.jpg 156 KB

image-521.jpg 157 KB

I like the one on the left when on and the one on the right when off

#1584 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I like the one on the left when on and the one on the right when off

Ugh me too!!

#1585 9 years ago

Like the left when off and the right when on.

#1586 9 years ago

Well shit.....

#1587 9 years ago

Just finished cutting some magnet protectors for Grinder. These are just peel and stick vinyl protectors. When they show any signs of wear just peel them off and stick a new one on. They are $12 shipped for 10 of them. They can be cut in other colors as well as different sizes. I have them for Metallica LE and premium.

IMG_1874.JPGIMG_1874.JPG IMG_1322.JPGIMG_1322.JPG IMG_1321.JPGIMG_1321.JPG
#1588 9 years ago

Proper service rails installed last night, along with superband mini post rubbers. DAMN they look good!

#1589 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Proper service rails installed last night, along with superband mini post rubbers. DAMN they look good!

pics?

#1590 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

August

Just checked. Mine is in that container.

#1591 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Just checked. Mine is in that container.

So is mine

#1592 9 years ago

Sometimes with this hobby......

Randy from colorDMD is trying to help guide me but holy hell I am having a hard time installing this thing. Did anyone do it themselves that can help me? The brackets on my colordmd don't line up with my speaker panel studs and this curved black thing won't allow the colordmd to lay down flush. WTF

image-53.jpgimage-53.jpg image-867.jpgimage-867.jpg image-19.jpgimage-19.jpg image-466.jpgimage-466.jpg
#1593 9 years ago

Do you have the adapter kits with the standoffs from pinbits?

#1594 9 years ago

They are sold out. I tried to contact them and they never responded. The guys at colordmd sold me some hardware to use as a space adaptor.

#1595 9 years ago

20140820_164218.jpg20140820_164218.jpg20140820_164241.jpg20140820_164241.jpg20140820_164302.jpg20140820_164302.jpg20140820_164405.jpg20140820_164405.jpg20140820_164450.jpg20140820_164450.jpg20140820_164501.jpg20140820_164501.jpg20140820_164520.jpg20140820_164520.jpg

#1596 9 years ago

Phone cameras really are shit aren't they

#1597 9 years ago

Ok it seems like the Refinery guys had to widen the opening of that long hook in the back/bottom of the speaker panel in order to fit the colordmd in. Makes sense as I already tried doing that but didn't totally pursue it unsure if that was how they did it. I've got my colordmd up and running and although the installation may still be a work in progress, it's a badass upgrade. Love all these color options!!

image-335.jpgimage-335.jpg image-553.jpgimage-553.jpg
#1598 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I've got my colordmd up and running and although the installation may still be a work in progress, it's a badass upgrade. Love all these color options!!

image-335.jpg 235 KB

image-553.jpg 253 KB

Can you please try to capture a pic of the graphic on the DMD like Monger or whiplash animation? With the smooth option not the dots.

#1599 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you please try to capture a pic of the graphic on the DMD like Monger or whiplash animation? With the smooth option not the dots.

I'll do a bunch of pics and I'll post a video to YouTube for you. It was late when I finally got it up and running. Randy from was very helpful and patient. I still have to play with the settings and colors. There are three resolution settings: A smooth, a smooth with faint lines and the dots. I am trying to tackle the metal apron mod finally today. I'll get what you need up here soon though.

#1600 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Phone cameras really are shit aren't they

No man they look damn good. Wish they had super bands in all sizes. What site did you get them from? I use Titan pinball for my color rubbers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
There are 1,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-ve-owners-post-here/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.